Clear All
  • perrin29
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Whatever...

He's 1000% right about this...

"and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad."
    Not the part where he mentions seven songs and refers to them as "great" ummm...incorrect sir. I'll give him two...three tops.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Clichegar might want to listen to the way Victor butchers those Van Hagar songs. He might be a good guitarist, but he can't play Ed for shit.
      Vic is a pretty lame guitarist, IMO...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by perrin29
        I'll give him two...three tops.
        You mean as in great songs with van Halen ??

I'd say none are really great...

Even the few good ones have a whole lot cheese...

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Of...even...

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Whatever...

It was the Elfman who said that not Hagar. Whoever he is?

His opinion is worth no more and probably less than anyone posting on the board.
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 04-07-2015, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

It's still correct...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In your opinion.

If singing some verses differently makes something "super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad."

Comment

• perrin29
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

You mean as in great songs with van Halen ??

I'd say none are really great...

Even the few good ones have a whole lot cheese...
                  I remember my initial reaction when I borrowed a friends copy of 5150 back in the day cause I wouldn't buy it. Don't think I ever did. I heard the "hellllo baby", the lyrics that followed it from Good Enough and almost never made it to track two. What a turd. That being said, I always liked the riff from Summer Nights. To clarify....the riff.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Whatever...

Thank Jeebus your hero has been made relevant again..you must have been awfully lonely posting at this site all these many months, since the last time a hack no talent writer discovered a idea about how to get a article published, baby needs shoes you know.

And I am happy a writer went looking for Spammy the phone must be wringing off the hook at his Cabo beachside home....I know if I lived there all I would be thinking is what I am going to say about van halen when some hack writer calls me and needs to know what I have been thinking about Van Hale.

Thinking all day long about how to word my comments about what Van Halen is doing, that is Spatulas mind set.

Boner city huh..?
                    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

I told Hagar I tried not to even bring up Van Halen.

“I’m glad you didn’t, but I did,” Hagar said and laughed. “I try to stay away from criticism, but here I am, already starting this interview with it. It’s impossible, Doug. It’s impossible to stay away from. Standing back, I’m just going, ‘What the (expletive) are these guys thinking?’”

Meanwhile, Hagar has a new band called the Circle. It includes Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony, Wabos’ guitarist Vic Johnson, and last but not least, Jason Bonham on drums.

“Yeah, I’ll tell you anything,” he said. “Then I read my interview, and I go, ‘Dammit, I shouldn’t have said that. Next time, I gotta watch out.’ After my 30,000th interview of my life, I’m still going, ‘Oh boy, I shouldn’t have done that.’
                      Truncated the article to more easily point out the root of this man's evil.
                      A) No one actually asked for his take, but he gave it anyway.
                      B) He brings up VH in every interview because he knows his interview will pop up in a search for them.
                      C) He is always plugging what he is currently doing while using the exploitative means referenced in B).
                      D) He back peddles to attempt to sound less douchey, but it's always too late.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        In your opinion.

If singing some verses differently makes something "super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad."

It's a ridiculous over-exaggeration....

Does Dave absolutely butcher a lot of the songs? Yes. In fact, he's butchering not only lines, but entire stanzas now, like in China Town....

But the CD itself is not "super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad."

The band sounds fantastic, especially EVH....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I don't think so...

He sounds much better on the Kimmel performance...

The Tokyo crap is tired and uninspired with way too buzzy tone...

Everything about it is bad...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

I don't think so...

He sounds much better on the Kimmel performance...

The Tokyo crap is tired and uninspired with way too buzzy tone...

Everything about it is bad...

I agree on the Kimmel sound, that did sound good....

But it's not like the Tokyo sound was bad, at least not to me, although I'm not a musician....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

I've heard just about the entire record now and I think the band sounds good. Dave absolutely blows on most of it. At this point they'd be better off letting Wolfie do all the singing.

Dave sounded better on Kimmel but then you see the Ellen DTNA and the guy is worse than the worst tribute band singer out there. It just makes no sense. Hell, the majority of us could probably get up there and sing that song and it would sound more like Van Halen than what Dave does.
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

I thinks the CD sounds great..every fooking hook line and sinker...bobber and fish on the line.

I want to start a list of all the sheep on this site but I realized it is easier to list the Dave or the Grave members who have ears for what is good.

1. clarathecarrot
                                2.About three other dudes who know who they are.

Fuck Off Other Douche Nozzles.
                                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...