X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    I agree on the Kimmel sound, that did sound good....
    They should hire that sound man...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
      They should hire that sound man...
      You like the kimmel on your television speakers, but don't like the TD album on the internet speakers..hmmm or maybe the kimmel on the internet speakers sounded more live to you due to the visual appeal as if you cannot separate the two...hmmmm

...hmmmm...backwards thinking man, maybe DLR and The VHalens have given you the ability to be a even more skilled and talented sound man...I wonder how they could do that.?

thinking forwards man..maybe you should gather him up.....for a spin....hmmmmm....?
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
        You like the kimmel on your television speakers...
        Who said I listened to it on TV speakers, you queer ??

Stop making excuses for this stinking sinking ship...

It's NOT Van Halen...

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

You like the kimmel on your television speakers, but don't like the TD album on the internet speakers..hmmm or maybe the kimmel on the internet speakers sounded more live to you due to the visual appeal as if you cannot separate the two...hmmmm

...hmmmm...backwards thinking man, maybe DLR and The VHalens have given you the ability to be a even more skilled and talented sound man...I wonder how they could do that.?

thinking forwards man..maybe you should gather him up.....for a spin....hmmmmm....?
          Who the fuck watches concerts on tv speakers. Who the fuck watches anything on tv speakers. You have to be the dumbest carrot ever.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Who said I listened to it on TV speakers, you queer ??

Stop making excuses for this stinking sinking ship...

It's NOT Van Halen...

I also mentioned you may have listened on another type of speakers. I could have listed 10K different arrangements of speakers, but your lack of two dimensional thinking has won the day again!!

Bravo!!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Whatever you say...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Who said

It's NOT Van Halen...
                That must drive you nuts..lol. I think it may be all the Van Halens that it could ever be unless they got some couzzins might wannah play sum.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  Who the fuck watches concerts on tv speakers. Who the fuck watches anything on tv speakers. You have to be the dumbest carrot ever.
                  I haven't watched TV in years 'cept'n fer deez two appearances by dah band...but I am sure you key up the 7K $ surround system in your media room, to solve crimes easier on CSI...cause you can hear things other viewers can't.

Book'en Danno!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I haven't watched TV in years 'cept'n fer deez two appearances by dah band...but I am sure you key up the 7K $ surround system in your media room, to solve crimes easier on CSI...cause you can hear things other viewers can't.

Book'en Danno!
                    You've seen Von's set up too?
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

That must drive you nuts..lol. I think it may be all the Van Halens that it could ever be unless they got some couzzins might wannah play sum.
                      I don't give a rat's ass...

I'm done with this so called band until they either bring Mikey back, or make another decent album...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

I don't give a rat's ass...

I'm done with this so called band until they either bring Mikey back, or make another decent album...
                        "Or" make another decent album -WITH- Mikey...right...? if you say with Wolf on new decent album music.. because you weren't specific once again.... then you would just look like an asshole.

See what I mean, an asshole.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

My two cents, for what it's worth...

Believe it or not, I didn't even listen to the fucking thing until this morning (teacher, off for Spring Break...at home, daughter in daycare, listening to a new VH album...nice).

It's fine. I'm glad it exists. I certainly enjoyed DVD bootlegs that did not have better sound than this. If you asked me ten years ago if we'd ever be sold a live album with HEAR ABOUT IT LATER on it, I'd have laughed it off.

I do appreciate that it seems to really be live. If it had Dave crooning through I'M THE ONE with vocal-booth reverb, I would have been annoyed by the falsity being presented. That said, as much as I enjoy the raw sound, and as much as I don't mind Dave bellowing without real musical quality in the odd track (which bothers me none...I've listened to VH bootlegs for years and he never presents a Sinatra in the arena, which one listen to US FESTIVAL will prove), I am annoyed as shit that they had to mix the crowd so loudly. The thing definitely sounds genuine, but I hate the sound of live albums where the crowd is almost drowning out the band. For Christ's sake, this isn't BEATLES AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL. It's a bunch of guys in their sixties, and the audience is not shrieking teenagers bleeding onto the tape.

This is Van Halen's first live album, it sounds raw enough, it has new songs (sorry, I loved ADKOT) and a good mix of old songs (again, see HEAR ABOUT IT LATER). Yes, a band called Van Halen released a monstrosity in 1993. Hell, even putting aside one's feelings for Sammy Hagar, even if one actually liked Sammy Hagar, that is a terrible album. Apparently almost completely re-recorded in the studio, crowd noise that sounds like it came off a sound-FX CD and absolutely no balls in the sound.

This is the real deal. It cost me $13 (because I feel no need to buy AGAIN the same albums I've bought three times already...and the 2000 remasters were perfect, as far as I'm concerned).

And I've got too much going on in my life and have dealt with too much these past two years to get real upset on whether or not Dave sounds that great. This is a nice thing to blare while we're making dinner.

But yes...the real classic live album would have been recorded on the FAIR WARNING tour. It would have been two vinyl records. It would have had a fold-out in the middle with an amazing shot of the FAIR WARNING stage. It would have been killer. But that band is long gone.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

^ and there you have it.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2010

************************************************** ************************************************** ************
                              But yes...the real classic live album would have been recorded on the FAIR WARNING tour. It would have been two vinyl records. It would have had a fold-out in the middle with an amazing shot of the FAIR WARNING stage. It would have been killer. But that band is long gone.[/QUOTE]
                              ************************************************** ************************************************** *************
                              Yes ! Van Halen's Fair warning era was without a doubt America's greatest hard rock band at their absolute zenith . Salute !
                              Last edited by Green Manalishi; 04-08-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2004

No matter how bad Dave ever is, "The most interesting thing about Samy Hagar is David Lee Roth."

Comment

Working...