Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SunisinuS
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • May 2010

Well making News outlets now: https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/van...ing-stone.html
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      Guys, we're talking about VH. Shouldn't we be mindlessly bitching at each other and listening to Elvis's conspiracy theories - VH is not what I expect at the Roth Army!!!
      I honestly no longer know. Fer what, the past twenty years Edward Van Halen has hawked dubious "items" like striped wah wah pedals with the tag line: "It's What I Use"...OK, Ed...ummm...WHEN exactly do you use this shit, ya fucking halfwit?

The truth is, as you said, this community exists to bitch about stuff. That the subject matter contains Van Halen is a mere coincidence, I guess.

I'd love all of us to be thirty years younger. I'd love not to awake to chronic back pain. I'd love to see the faces of friends I have lost, and most of all...I'd love to feel the warmth of friends as we piled into my car on the way to a Van Halen show way back when, arguing about gas money and how much ice, beer and pot we had.

THAT
      is what I miss. The camaraderie. Someone is down? Put 'em on yer shoulder and get them to the car. Don't let any of the younger chicks get taken advantage of. And get all of us home safe, and in one piece.

Plus, the show itself. A VH tour of that era was an EVENT. Sure, other boneheads like Nugent, Frank Marino/ Mahogany Rush or the Doobie Brothers would roll through...yet...motherfucking Van Halen... THAT was the shit that made life worth living.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

VH live album ?

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        I hope this post from the VHND catches their eyes and gives them a clue how to properly wade into the "deep end".

You want an example of a true "box set". Take a look at what Springsteen does. I personally don't care for his music but the way he treats his fans is amazing. On the anniversary of "Darkness on the Edge of Town" he released: Live DVD of a 1978 Houston concert, Live DVD of the current band playing the WHOLE album in a studio, 2 CD of the songs that didn't make the album (all unreleased songs!), the remastered CD, AND what was cool was a replica of the note book that he wrote his lyrics on. All this for $99 on Amazon. Now that was a release!

Boom.
        I have this box set, and - if you are a fan - it is astonishingly good value and stuffed with rare footage and material.

Springsteen's 30th anniversary release of Born to Run was also a great package - the original album; a 90-minute DVD documentary on the making of the album (fascinating stuff), and a two-hour plus live DVD concert from London, 1975 (a great gig, professionally filmed but never before released / seen).

I am sure VH could do this, but as others on here have been saying vis-a-vis their non-existent media profile, they'd be helped greatly by getting some outside help: I am sure there are fans with better memories of what they did, what were good shows preserved on disc / tape etc, than the band are.

Bob Dylan, you know - master of the archive release with his official Bootleg Series - has his own archivist to assist with it all.
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Man I'm amazed at the backlash this album has started. I've been reading the VHND posts and here. I haven't laughed so hard at some of the posts in a loooong time. Way too funny. It's all deserved though. I mean these guy's in that band are just clueless. And arrogant. Will I buy it ? Yep just too have a good sounding album of Ed's live playing, but my goodness why do they think this is a special project ? Remasters again ? Give me a break with this shit. I swear they do it just too bump up the album sales. The only thing these guy's need too do for the fans is clean out the vaults. Why they don't get this is UNBELIVABLE at this point. If Dave can find his voice put out an album do a farwell tour and go away. I want Dave back out on his own again at this point. He might not always do stuff I like, but at least he would be out there doing something.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            I'll buy 7 copies of this record if that's the cover! Isaac kicks ass!
            My god that was funny ! The shit people come up with.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

hitch, sperm, radials, CHAT, gangbangs

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
              Man I'm amazed at the backlash this album has started. I've been reading the VHND posts and here...
              U shud reed da CHAT. Tit's ggitten preTTy sTeeMy-spermy zappy ovah theer//.
              Add to Ignore list

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
                U shud reed da CHAT. Tit's ggitten preTTy sTeeMy-spermy zappy ovah theer//.
                I have. Unreal. These guy's really know how to shoot themselves in the foot ! I just love the humorous posts.
                Last edited by 78/84 guy; 02-07-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Phil theStalker
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                  I have. Unreal. These guy's really know how to shot themselves in the foot ! I just love the humorous posts.

Ich wunsche euch allen einen schonen Samstagabend.
                  Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    Ya know what sounds worse? "Women And Children First". I shit you not, no matter what volume you play that pile of dung, it sounds like mud...as if you are out in a forest waiting to hook up with one of them goofy families that seem only to exist on the Discovery Channel, before getting clobbered in the head by a flying woodchuck.

And you have not even cracked open your fourth or fifth can of Bud of the day. Sheest...

I could dearly use some of that sweet mud right now...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Without something significant from the vaults, this is all just Remasturbating®...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Ill admit this is very kick ass

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Mar 2004

I think Dave was in much better voice in Tokyo, Australia and at that festival after they took that break.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                            Ill admit this is very kick ass
                            It will be so nice to have a pristine audio of this. How aren't you going to catch this live when they roll into town exactly?
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

As has been mentioned before but passed upon by most commenters in this thread sentences like "I already have this boot" "I seen dis jazz on dah Utube before"....blap blippity bloop etc....

I as a fan can't stand utube it is fun for a quick listen but I think they proprietarily degenerate all sound and vid 'bits' as a way to not have copies outshine the music offered by the owners of the actual copywriters.

If you want a real vid and sound utube of VH last tour you would need 4 cameras spaced out the arena and 3 or more recording devices strategically located.. also then, hash all that together like your actual job is working at ILM as a editor.

"VH Roth" knows this, that is why he allowed taping and convinced ED to allow it......here is my point nothing is going to come close to the actual sound board recording or studio quality vid the best cell phones fall short and most hand help vid cameras have no directors or story boarding by people who do that for a living.

My real point.... I cannot listen to 95% of live "Jimmy got a cell phone on utube" it hurts my ears thank you ED Al Wolf DLR and the powers that be for my first true ability to listen to a live VH show even a single tune, without turning it off after three min.

Hey this vid is awesome buy the dude standing three feet from DLRS monitor....AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGG turn it off!!!!

Even the best 81 Largo whatever ' is un-listenable to me......" Live" is really a new frontier for this band, Thankyou.
                              Last edited by clarathecarrot; 02-08-2015, 06:35 AM.
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Inbent'tween here is some good vid on the soundboard utube I can tollerate.
                                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...