X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Droomer5150
    Roadie
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I don't think this is anything specific to the Van Halen fanbase. It doesn't matter what you are looking at on YouTube it could be the most amazing beautiful thing ever there are always a bunch of stupid cunts bringing it down, I guess/hope it's mainly teenage boys.

What you can get if you can be bothered going through it is a bit of a sense of percentages and if it's 80% or 90% negative that is not a good sign.

That said YouTube comments are like surveys done in shopping malls or by telephone, you get a window onto the opinions of that small set of people that respond.
    Agree, I see that all the time. It just pissed me off more than usual seeing so much people talking shit to the greatest band on earth. So I needed to vent haha
    SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Fairwrning
      This entire thing was 30 years too late and handled like shit..
      This, at the bare minimum you can't tell me they couldn't pick a better live show to do this with. It is a crock and a lot of long time fans feel shit on.
      Last edited by TFM_Dale; 03-03-2015, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

RIP Van Halen!

You have fucked the fans again for the last time!

This time to sabotage Roth once again by releasing a horrible live show in which Dave was COMPLETELY off the entire night.

I'm not buying this polished turd or any other Van Halen release unless they bring back Michael Anthony....

And to think we could have had a great solo album by Roth if he wasn't in this band....

Fuck Mr. Sticks and Mr. Fingers for this musical abomination....

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

I get offers every week to advertise on here
          Alex Jones?
          Info wars?
          Rush Limpdick?

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
            This, at the bare minimum you can't tell me they couldn't pic a better live show to do this with. It is a crock and a lot of long time fans feel shit on.
            A Van Halen live album should already be in the classic bin along with the other great vinyl lps that were released years ago..already stained and scratched from cleaning weed in the center of the damn thing when you open it and check out the artwork..

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

One more positive remark though..I dig ' Mean street" from this show..

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF

You have fucked the fans again for the last time!
                They'll figure out some way to fuck us again Warf.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Alex Jones?
                  Info wars?
                  Rush Limpdick?
                  I never said that they were big payers.

My attitude is almost always 'What would Brent at the Links do?' and if I do the opposite it's not going to be too far away from what the ethos of this place should be.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Von Halen
                    Or at least you hope. Fag! Not that their is anything wrong with that!

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

They're just trying to get rid of Dave.

They're looking for the backlash so they can blame Dave for everything.

Comment

• Droomer5150
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2012

We are the consumers. These guys are SELLING us something. They set the bar high. They used to demand the best of themselves, and expected us to demand the best from them. Now they are lazy and complacent. After being diehard fans since the 70's, we're just supposed to turn the other cheek, and not express ourselves? Sounds like a pussy move to me. Don't hurt a motherfuckers feelings! Waaaaaa! "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"! I thought the politically correct pussification was only an American thing. I see it has made it way to Oz too.
                        Good point haha. I hate the politically correct shit that goes on today, the thing that pisses me off with that is that the people trying to be politically correct are fancy pancy fucktits all high and mighty cocky up themselves asswipes who look down on people with opinions different to theirs usually being just as arrogant as what they are trying to preach against haha. I mean more of a do we have to be so asshole about it? haha
                        SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by WARF
                          They're just trying to get rid of Dave.

They're looking for the backlash so they can blame Dave for everything.
                          All clearing the way for Donnie's dream to come true. Kip Winger as the new lead singer of VH!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

All clearing the way for Donnie's dream to come true. Kip Winger as the new lead singer of VH!
                            Nah, Kip is too sexy to be up there with ol' crotchety Ed. Besides, his band is pretty bad ass. And no matter how much you guys don't like them (lying fags) they sound a hell of a lot better than VH these days

Edit - and Kip still has better hair.
                            Last edited by DONNIEP; 03-04-2015, 12:21 AM.
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's my two cents....

You know, I still buy Rolling Stones live albums. I don't expect them to measure up to "A Brussels Affair", and know goddamned well that they will never make a record that sounds like that again.

Difference there, of course, is that the Stones actually RELEASED "A Brussels Affair". Granted, it took them 40 fucking years to do it, and still didn't make it easy to obtain, with no CD release, so you were limited (legally) to shitty MP3 files (in the US of course) or to a ridiculously priced vinyl version ($700, last I checked). But I found the FLACs that were sold legitimately in all the other countries NOT ruled by corporate fascism

So I own that album. And I own the album they released from the Hyde Park show at their 50th anniversary show last year. And there's no question which one I like better. But thanks, Mick & Keith, for putting them BOTH out there for the fans to listen to.

This is the message they need to hear up on Howdy Doody Mountain. Put this album out? Sure, why not? But we all know damn well there's an official live album already in the can from 1981 tour (scrapped at the 11th hour, causing the forced recording of Diver Down).

So enough already, Eddie. Open the goddamned archives like every other aging rock star has.

Oh, and if your ridiculous dispute with Sobolewski is the cause of this leaving the vault doors slammed shut, then you both need to GROW THE FUCK UP ALREADY AND GET OVER IT. Wolfie's clearly got other interests, and wants to be in a band with guys closer to his own age. Can't blame him for that. Let him go, with your full blessings, and do what's right for the band, for fucks sake.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

I never said that they were big payers.

My attitude is almost always 'What would Brent at the Links do?' and if I do the opposite it's not going to be too far away from what the ethos of this place should be.

Maybe a little advertising would pay for a VBulletin replacement?

Look at it this way, it would give Von one less thing to bitch about...
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...