• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I'm The One preview....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      By the way, here are Jeff's comments on the live album he just posted (sorry for the copy Jeff, but you can always get your butt over here and post them yourself... )

================================================== =======

Record company overnighted me the album and have been listening to it for the last 48 hours. It is KILLER!

I think you will all be happily surprised when you hear the whole thing, now that you have already heard Panama. Panama is the ONLY song I am skipping. I think Panama was a terrible choice for a first single because of Dave's singing during those couple lines. It's the "Tattoo" of the live album.

I'm telling you guys it's great!

And my opinion just so happens to exactly match the opinion of the only other guy I know that has heard the whole thing right now… he's a guy in the music industry. He said the same thing that I'm saying...he's been loving it, and thinks those bad lines in "Panama" ruin Panama, but overall, the album is great. And now that I have it, I agree.

I think history will look FONDLY at this live album. It's not VH Oakland '81 (and that's fine, because something from the old days will probably come later, anyway). This is a fine representation of the band during the last few years.

When listening, change the quality setting to 720p. It's still just an MP3, but it will sound better at 720p than at YouTube's default setting of 360p.
      Jeff is a 'company man' at this point and doesn't have the same independence that we have here.

That said Panama does seem to be the most problematic of those I've heard and I think that he may have a point that it could be the 'Tattoo' of this album.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        I spotted that immediately, pleasantly.....

Jeff, as people can understand, is tight-lipped when it comes to stuff like this....

He's not going to say something like that just for mere desire as a fan....
        It may be clutching at straws a little but it's true that if they released an old live recording first and then this one, few people would buy the later recording.

That and the new publishing deal does seem to hint that maybe we will get something in the next year or two.

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Dude, you're Charlie Browning with the football a bit
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Monday vodka just lifted my mood so much...

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Monday vodka just lifted my mood so much...
              At three in the morning?? Elvis would definitely not approve...
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What would ELVIS not do is a pretty good rule to live your life by.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

What would ELVIS not do is a pretty good rule to live your life by.
                  I say enjoy life, buy shit that increases in value, and have a hell of a good time. I don't care what anybody says - being insanely pissed off all the time is more unhealthy than an occasional Big Mac.

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Wanna spare some vodka Sesh?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                      Miami pimp asking for free vodka. You guys know this fucker is living the life right now, right?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

When I was in Miami half the guys seemed to be homosexual body builders it must be easy enough for you to set yourself up as a gigolo just because of the demographics. All those unserviced ladies...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          I say enjoy life, buy shit that increases in value, and have a hell of a good time. I don't care what anybody says - being insanely pissed off all the time is more unhealthy than an occasional Big Mac.
                          He needed a break from here even more than we needed a break from him.

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            Miami pimp asking for free vodka. You guys know this fucker is living the life right now, right?
                            Donnie, you know for a fact i'm doing a billion times better than a couple years ago.

When was the last time I made you run to Western Union for booze and blow?

Comment

• WARF
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

When I was in Miami half the guys seemed to be homosexual body builders it must be easy enough for you to set yourself up as a gigolo just because of the demographics. All those unserviced ladies...
                              I'm actually a little North of Miami about a hour away. The best part of South Florida is there is no winter. I see people posting pictures of themselves shoveling snow on facebook and I take a picture of me on the beach with girls in thongs everywhere. I don't know what winter's like in Scotland compared to the North East USA, but moving back down here was the best move i've ever made.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Donnie, you know for a fact i'm doing a billion times better than a couple years ago.

When was the last time I made you run to Western Union for booze and blow?
                                It's been years! If people only knew you were cruising around in a boat and making money like a mofo...

Or you could spend all your time here arguing with people. Gee, I'd prefer to make money! But money is GAY here and people who make it are either nazis or Republicans. Ah, whatever. Pay me, motherfucker!!

Comment

Working...