Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by VAiN
    Why can't they practice with Dave?
    I have read various interviews in recent years that seemed to intimate that they didn't always rehearse together before touring (I mean, WTF is that all about). But, are you sayin' that they are rehearsing for this potential live-on-TV-car-crash, in front of probably millions, without the fucking lead singer!

Y'know, on top of all the flak he's getting for this live LP, yeah, just let him get his groove when we hit that stage.

Man, if it is the case that this is the routine working of the band, what a fucking snub to Dave. 'You just turn up, dude - we don't hear you anyways. All I have in my earbuds / monitors is Al and Wolf'.

The Van Halens are assholes
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That's what I'm thinking too.. Imagine if they had 2 weeks of practice time with Dave for this international TV appearance.. It would be air-tight! Or, you can just wing it. What's the worst that could happen?
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

I think it's fairly common knowledge that since Dave rejoined the band the majority of their evolutions offstage has been intentionally separate, probably in an attempt to keep the old feelings from being rehashed....

So it's been separate studio sessions, separate tour buses, separate dressing rooms, separate soundchecks, separate everything....

I'm not saying it makes any sense at all, mind you....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Yeah, I know.. But damnit man..
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            I really think we're gonna hear LUTS this time around
            Who's gonna sing it? Wolfie? Ed's dog?
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I think it's fairly common knowledge that since Dave rejoined the band the majority of their evolutions offstage has been intentionally separate, probably in an attempt to keep the old feelings from being rehashed....

So it's been separate studio sessions, separate tour buses, separate dressing rooms, separate soundchecks, separate everything....

It makes perfect sense to me. If I was Dave, I wouldn't want to hang around with geezer Ed or some 20something that got the gig cause daddy owns the band. And if I was Ed, I wouldn't want to hang around with some wannabe ninja, covered in Japanese gang tattoos and wearing a wrasslin' mask. And if I was Wolfie I wouldn't want to hang around with any of them. Well, except for maybe Al. He seems like the only one who's brain ain't shot. But then again, he'd always be trying to borrow money off you.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Nothing has changed in that regard...the 1984 tour was entirely that...everything separate. I saw that firsthand
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  Who's gonna sing it? Wolfie? Ed's dog?

Give me a six-pack beforehand, I'll take one for the team....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Give me a six-pack beforehand, I'll take one for the team....
                    I'd love to hear Dave do it justice. And who knows - maybe he's been working and can pull it off now. I sure hope so. But it ain't gonna sound right without Mikey. I don't care who disagrees - it just won't sound right without Mikey howlin away alongside Dave.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

That is the one thing I miss. I don't really miss Mikey's bass playing.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                        That is the one thing I miss. I don't really miss Mikey's bass playing.
                        Yeah, he sucked so bad that Wolfie runs around playing his shit lol.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Well, I wouldn't want to say anything negative about Mike. Playing bass well isn't a problem for Wolfie.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                            Well, I wouldn't want to say anything negative about Mike. Playing bass well isn't a problem for Wolfie.
                            I know 37 other guys who could learn Mike's stuff too. Big deal. There's also about a gazillion people who can play Ed's stuff too. Hell, VH could pipe in the bass track - but they'd never do that, ever. But unless they go back to using Mike's vocals then it ain't gonna sound right....No more than it sounded right when Gary was singing the songs or Sammy was singing the songs. Or I'm just insane and Van Halen should sound like a watered down terd.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think Rick Allen could play bass on RWTD.

It was the right thing to play on that song though and that is the most important thing, that song does not need or want Billy Sheehan.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                I think Rick Allen could play bass on RWTD.

It was the right thing to play on that song though and that is the most important thing, that song does not need or want Billy Sheehan.
                                No, what the song needed was somebody that played something totally different and all over the top and slappity slappity dweedle dwiddley dum all over the place. That would have made it awesome! Cause it sucks ass like it is. But that doesn't matter because everybody knows Ed wrote all the bass lines for every single record and Mike just showed up and played them on stage.

Ah, the band doesn't care how it sounds now - why should I.

Comment

Working...