Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
    I'd rather see these guys:

I like the F A T drummer (think the guy in Twisted Sister was his hero?)
    I don't want to rip on kids, especially kids who are pretty talented. But I'm noticing a significant absence of lyrics. I guess the microphones are just there for show?

Or did the moms not want to hear little Billy talk about reaching down between his legs and easing the seat back?
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
      I don't think there will be a "panel." I think that Jimmy will introduce them on stage and then they'll perform. Any discussion will probably be Jimmy standing on stage with them.

As for Dave...are you kidding me? Live performance on a top-rated late night talk show? He's going to be completely wired, hopefully not to the point of being borderline insufferable ('96 VMA's, anyone?)
      I got that "panel" idea from this:

but who knows with these guys, or these press releases?

For me, this is going to be like going to see a movie adaptation of a novel or a comic character you love and praying, "PLEASE DON'T LET IT SUCK."

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

k-k-k-k-cokerline '96 rey-y-union blues...
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Couple of links....

AVH's new kit....

Stage setup....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vaijuju
            Sniper
            • Jan 2008

http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
              Dude....the "thumbs up" crowd are likely casual fans who don't have a clue about what's going on, or online shopping addicts who "like" everything without any sort of critical evaluation. Or it's the record label folks cooking the books....unless you're one of those who believes that all of the reviews you read online are genuine.
              LOL...

Oh them books are cooked... as in deep fried... like Donnie and Warf's brains on a Sunday mornin following a weekend bender trolling trannie sites!!
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Gets ya all pumped up... trashy construction crap and porta-potties as a stage back-drop!!

The Definitive Live Road to Nowhere Tour kicks off here!!

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Wonder if they are gonna hang on to the lighting rig. Sure beats the hell out of their last two tour set ups.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

What's the chances that we get Diamond Dave and is fucking awesome.
                    He ain't playing his A game for money paying peasants he is to cool for that. Live show on a tv show now dave can put himself out for that bad boy.

You heard it first on on wtf tv.
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      He ain't playing his A game for money paying peasants he is to cool for that. Live show on a tv show now dave can put himself out for that bad boy.

I hope Ralph rushes the stage and steals Dave's mic!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur

If I read that in my head with a cockney accent it almost makes sense.

Can we get that one more time? Maybe just a little slower...

Originally posted by perilouspete
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Cockney !!!!!!! Geordie and we never make sense it's the brown ale and lack of sunlight
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Don't know about anyone else (or give a fuck what they think), but I'm looking forward to this. Closing down Hollywood Blvd. for this is a classic move.

Won't be able to catch them on Thursday when they do the Ellen DeDonutHumper show (mainly because it comes on at 3 in the afternoon, although it's nice that they're going to do a special Thursday afternoon appearance for all of their unemployed fans.)

Anyhow, I'm actually kind of stoked for tonight. Hopefully the energy going on will hit the band and they pull this off.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                              Don't know about anyone else (or give a fuck what they think), but I'm looking forward to this. Closing down Hollywood Blvd. for this is a classic move.

Won't be able to catch them on Thursday when they do the Ellen DeDonutHumper show (mainly because it comes on at 3 in the afternoon, although it's nice that they're going to do a special Thursday afternoon appearance for all of their unemployed fans.)

Anyhow, I'm actually kind of stoked for tonight. Hopefully the energy going on will hit the band and they pull this off.

Please stop being positive.....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Awww...

Comment

Working...