Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    He sure as hell could stand to lose a few lbs. He is 24, and being that weight at 24 is not good. It is not like any of it is muscle, either. You would assume given his dads poor health that Wolf would take care to assure he is in good physical health. If he stays this size he is going to have his share of health issues when he gets older
    DB - he's not 16 anymore. We have to accept the inevitable march of time and stop wishing for a return to his glory days of 2007.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• philouze
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Cut Wolfie some slack. And some cheese.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        DB - he's not 16 anymore. We have to accept the inevitable march of time and stop wishing for a return to his glory days of 2007.
        I guess your right. He just kicked so much ass on that tour, you know?. Talk about stage presence
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

I guess your right. He just kicked so much ass on that tour, you know?. Talk about stage presence
          All I can say is thank God for bootlegs. And for the memories.

Comment

• Carloscda
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2009

For all those continuing to bash Dave & the band did you hear the walking zombies The Stones are going back on tour??
            What's your criticism of them?

Comment

• damngoodtimes
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
              And while we're at it, another "greatest hits" tour to support a live recording of the same songs from two years ago feels a lot like the "pasture"...and not the "future."
              I'd venture to say that getting Ed and Al to do much of anything these days is a lot harder than even Dave bargained for when he said that 8 years ago. I think Dave's made his peace with it.
              David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
              — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• philouze
                Banned
                • Mar 2004

I'll Weigh.. Till my belly comes down..

Comment

• philouze
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Carloscda
                  For all those continuing to bash Dave & the band did you hear the walking zombies The Stones are going back on tour??
                  You are so funny it's not funny.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

They're old, wrinkley, and Mick still dances like he's having a seizure. But he does have nice hair. So he's got that going for him.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2004

During the time they were covering Dave's nose, they shoulda shamed Dave into cooperation by playing LUTS or As Is.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I think...and this may be a bit of a reach, but the Stones have such a long history of this that they actually get a pass. They have a much deeper discography than Van Halen (if you're only counting the Roth era due to the current incarnation of the band)

Plus, they also haven't alienated their fans with multiple personnel changes based primarily on spite, and I don't think the Stones have ever vanished from the radar for really prolonged periods of time.

Personally, I don't give a flying fuck about the Stones. Some of their songs are good, no doubt. But I just never was a serious fan.
                        Originally posted by perilouspete
                        fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• philouze
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BumBahDeeDah
                          During the time they were covering Dave's nose, they shoulda shamed Dave into cooperation by playing LUTS or As Is.
                          Or any Hagar tune, for that matter.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by philouze
                            Or any Hagar tune, for that matter.
                            How funny would it have been if Ed launched into Summer Nights and the crowd goes wild? Woulda made for some good TV.

Comment

• philouze
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2004

Don, I would have LOVED this. At last, something interesting on TV, and on a VH stage.
                              (carloscda lame rant coming in 3...2...)

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                                And while we're at it, another "greatest hits" tour to support a live recording of the same songs from two years ago feels a lot like the "pasture"...and not the "future."
                                A few months ago, I thought we were going to get a scoop of both future and pasture this year. I'm still pumped up about the Van Halen Rising book and all of its untold tales and pictures from the pasture. But dammit, if they didn't blow the future on refusing to create new music. I can't even stand the word nostalgia. These are 4 guys who should be pushing each other in the studio and building on their legacy. There's no law that says they have to bag song writing at 60. If they are solely a nostalgia act now, that's just a waste. Sure, the shows will be fun. There's no denying that. But I am absolutely sick of these songs. Ed noodling during Dave's band-aid application gave me more wood than anything else he did that night. He's still got creativity on his side. If only he'd use it. All of them use it.

Comment

Working...