Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALMOSTsaved
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

I enjoyed the performance.
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
      Man your showing your true colours today
      You have no idea. DB and I can do this all day long. It's a form of torture, really.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF
        I think he learned that one from Sammy Hagar...

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Wolfie has gotten bigger. Dave sings bad. Ed and Al sound ok. Their best days are far in the rear view mirror but hey, if you want to see a legendary guitar player and frontman try and pull it off in their old age then buy a ticket. It might be the last tour. I hope so.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            Dave needs bionic legs!! Or maybe a stunt double! I can see it now...the lights go dim, Dave sneaks off stage and the strobes kick in. Dave's stunt double comes out, jumps 37 feet into the air off the drum riser then does a full on Karate Kid/Cheerleader routine and ends it with a flawless tumbling run across the stage! Then Dave comes out, bows and they launch into Unchained!!!
            To be honest Don I would rather sit in a kiddie pool drinking cheap beer watching you run that pretty red lawn tractor around mowing your lawn than to see Van Halen. It would be more entertaining.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              Ugh, that reminds me of the Fair, all that damn deep fried crap. I get nauseous just walking through the vending area. The only thing I've ever eaten that was "dipped" at the fair was a piece of cheesecake that was dipped in chocolate. But since the cheesecake was frozen it didn't really taste like much. Plus there's just so many unattractive people walking around, sucking on gigantic Jurassic Turkey Legs that it just wrecks your appetite.
              Oh man I wiggled out of going to the fair last year and hope to do it this year. Yeah I hear you on fair food. Over pirced, full of lard and sits in your stomach like a bunch of old chewing gum. By the time the demolition derby is halfway through and the goddammed thing seems to go on forever you feel like you have to shit out half your guts and if it's going to happen it's going to happen in public because the beer line to the toilet is a mile long.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                I'm surprised on how well Slash's offspring look:
                They don't even have shoes for fuck sake!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Mike had the Jack Daniel's bass. I think Wolfie needs a Ben and Jerry's ice cream bass or maybe a an Irv's Quad Burger bass.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                    Full Member Status

• May 2010

Wolf just doesn't help DLR at all, he sounds just like his dad and that isn't the backing DLR needs.

It is like two EDs singing when wolf is joining in..no harmony of diversity in time.

So, DLR is all alone out there.

The magic of VH was when Ed and MA hit the same notes from different tonalities.

I believe Dave busted ass all this last month with a vocal coach he was ready more than ever then as fate would have it he breaks his fucking own nose min into the set.

Ever try to sing with watery eyes and two tampons up your nose swallowing blood .. the sinus is a major part of vocalizing...tough tough breaks my man....

He went on with the show. Pavarotti would have gone to the hospital in a helicopter and cancelled the show.

Dave was ready and now for all eternity the VH TV performance first in 30 years is him is with a bloody nose and playing catchup to Eds inability to deal with technical issues and regroup for the betterment of the show.

Oh well give Dave a few weeks he will get back on top.
                    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-31-2015, 03:39 PM.
                    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      They don't even have shoes for fuck sake!
                      Call Trollvis' social worker to investigate. Fuck knows how she/he failed us.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Dad jeans and Adidis. Roth has single-handly concocted a new middle-aged crisis meme.

Comment

• Heater
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          You mean the 60 year old man's kicks weren't up to snuff, Heater? C'mon man. You were partially on point with that post, but that's just absurd.
                          They were OK, very OK for a 60 year old, but maybe he should be putting that effort into other parts of his performance. Last night went off a lot better than I thought it might, any malfunctions Dave is having these days is from trying too hard, and sometimes trying too hard fucks things up (see:Recent Dance the Night Away performances).

Comment

• Heater
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Nov 2010

It looks like just slipped on a banana peel.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

He should have left his head bald and had his Japanese tattoo artist tattoo an 8 Ball on his head for the tour and they he could come out with a big inflatable 8 Ball and bounce around.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                He should have left his head bald and had his Japanese tattoo artist tattoo an 8 Ball on his head for the tour and they he could come out with a big inflatable 8 Ball and bounce around.
                                No more bullets for you till you get some rehab...safety first......that sentence is to much like my shtick.
                                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...