Punks: Van Halen to Perform on Jimmy Kimmel on March 30th?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
      No. He didn't. You're just a history revisionist / delusionist.

He was nowhere near what he sued to be?

Did he try? Yes he did. To his credit.

But don't tell me he sounded "better than ever". He was a weak shell of his old self.

Stop using drugs if you think differently. It will help you think and hear better.
      If you don't think Dave was great on that tour you are a idiot dude ! He was what ?? 50 something ? Yeah he was great. I have tons of recordings to prove it. Baltimore 08 comes too mind. Dave was decent 78-81 after that he did what he wanted. Usually fucked up. I don't even have a problem with that. But he was that 07/08 tour hands down.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        He's obviously wired in that pic...
        I wonder just how much blow it takes to get Dave that fuckin high at this point?
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FALCO
          Groupie
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
          If you think he sounded bad 2007-2008, then he sounded bad his entire fucking career.
          Exactly... I thought he was in full 'Rock God' mode in '07/'08... was killer for where he was in that space and time...
          His voice had just the right amount of scream and the classic mid range attitude...

As for last night...
          Thoughts after watching on my 1000w surround sound unit in the entertainment room...
          VH in HD looks as it should... MONSTROUS... but for the love of Christ, (and not sure if it has been mentioned already), why can't the sound engineer give Dave a little noticeable atmosphere on the vocals? Slight reverb, a bit of delay, slight pitch shift or underlying thickener... a touch of mood and vibe instead of the friggin' DRY produced sound that just amplifies every scratch and garble (which is the one thing I disliked about ADKOT) ... At least it would have given the vocals a bit of depth and mood...

I thought the band sounded HUGE on my system and a bit of (Me Wise) magic on the vocals would have given another dimension...
          I always make sure there is a bit of flavor on my vocals when I sing live... just enhances ever so slightly in a big way...

FALCO
          \m/ \m/
          NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
          'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
          "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• Phil theStalker
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

"Da facKt dat nno o1ne undaSTANDs yoo DOZen't mmmEEN yerR aN ARtiSt."
            Add to Ignore list

Comment

• Carloscda
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2009

Look at All the Fare Weather fans here Tonight!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

I say they start the VH set with I'm on Fire!!!

or...SooBop..er oh er oh baop ba didddle leeeeeeeeeeeeeeee doooooooooooooo//that would rool.

Or maybe FREEBIRD!@!!

awesome...
                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

I wonder what dave will wear tonight I bet his hair is longer
                  2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                  clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• diamondclaudio
                    Roadie
                    • Jan 2004

Cón Dave is in better shape!

Dave really sang on lower tone, he did the screams, he kicked, - kicks and jumps ( althought in minimum expresion) are trademark-. He´s still fun, relevant as a giant legend. He´s is in better shape than last tour, and that´s enough by far!!! I wonder how many of the younger rock singers can deliver that energy!!! I bet the new artists are The shame, compared to Dave. I predict Van Halen would retire by the falling of 2017, after touring England, Spain, France, Argentina, Brasil and Japan during 2016, and playing the Super Bowl and releasing live concert video of old days during 2017 (and some new U.S acts). That´s pretty repectfull to the loyal fans. I would feel blessed.

Comment

• Heater
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                      Excellent vid of what went down I believe he worked extremely hard on this gig and just owned himself as life sometimes sets up that way.. his voice before the band aid and cotton and the swelling sets in.......... excellent!!!

When he comes back up stairs and explains, I fucked my nose up... he sounds like a he has 10 cold and flu symptoms instantly ..lol...the breaks..?

I was at a KISS concert once and Gene Simmons vomited up a crapload of blood. Not only did he finish the song, he finished the whole concert. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Jetstream
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Dec 2011

All I know is this... whoever wiped Dave's face now has the Holy Shroud of Roth with probably Dave's imprint preserved on it for the ages, someone must get Indiana Jones (or whoever is responsible for such stuff) to retrieve it before Hagar's evil Nazi attain the relic
                        I got lost in the...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jetstream
                          All I know is this... whoever wiped Dave's face now has the Holy Shroud of Roth with cocaine residue preserved on it for the ages...
                          Fixed...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Heater
                            I was at a KISS concert once and Gene Simmons vomited up a crapload of blood. Not only did he finish the song, he finished the whole concert. Just sayin'.
                            I think this would be a better story if it was about how he managed to do a KI$$ set without vomiting...

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I didn't actually see where he kicked himself or whatever supposedly happened. I think he just did a rail and got a nosebleed. Or one of those nosebleed old people get from thinning membranes or whatever
                              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

"Could you please sing like Micheal Anthony, just one refrain! I'll give you donuts!"

Comment

Working...