X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALMOSTsaved
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
    Perhaps you are uncomfortable watching Dave touch a woman as if it was enjoyable and worth a dance with her.

No matter what your, no gurls allowed moshpit, might say about girls and cooties.....
    I've been away for a while. Is this fucker serious?
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
      I've been away for a while. Is this fucker serious?
      Yeah are you..?
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Yeah are you..?
        Insinuating that my belief that Dave could tone it down a notch is on par with being uncomfortable seeing him touch a woman is quite a stretch, doncha think?
        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I thought it was fun and I'm sure the Van Halen's did too.

It's odd how seriously some of you take a party rock band in their 60s sometimes...
          Really? Kind of like they thought it was fun in '96 at the music awards when Dave was doing the same act?

I think Ed is oblivious. I think he's so happy to be playing the music with his brother and Son, that he doesn't even pay attention to what Dave is or is not doing.

Yeah, you're right, we take it seriously Sesh. It's too fucking bad Dave doesn't. It would be a whole different story if he just flat out couldn't do it anymore. But he proves in certain instances, that he can. He is choosing to fuck these songs up. We seem to care more than he does. That's fucking SAD!

Comment

• philouze
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            Really? Kind of like they thought it was fun in '96 at the music awards when Dave was doing the same act?

I think Ed is oblivious. I think he's so happy to be playing the music with his brother and Son, that he doesn't even pay attention to what Dave is or is not doing.

Yeah, you're right, we take it seriously Sesh. It's too fucking bad Dave doesn't. It would be a whole different story if he just flat out couldn't do it anymore. But he proves in certain instances, that he can. He is choosing to fuck these songs up. We seem to care more than he does. That's fucking SAD!
            And I say Amen.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I cannot understand how you are unable to understand that the CVH well stopped in1984...there is no music from other periods in this bands life...it is only teenage wasteland and 20 high energy R&R perfectly done .

The music is from then you are the one who thinks Dave thinks he is in 1984.

He is singing and the band is playing the music.

You are the one who cannot grasp anything other than a one dimensional vision of what is happening here...sorry,... you aren't the only one.

Here is what you need to do watch any vid or a bunch of them since 2007 as if you have no idea who these old mother fuckers are and then determine if you think they compare well to some other bands you like.

If you don't like it queue up some Vault SHIT and keep dreaming of what once will never be again.

You are fucking bizarre...I think Donnie is missing a sock or two myself.
              Wanting a great band to forge on as a great band makes me bizarre? So be it.

I still love this band. Just not thrilled with some of their decisions.

But preach on as if you're the only one with a clue.

Just remember, everyone here is entitled their own opinion. Isn't it obvious to you that they're never all going to match?

Fuck it.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I always thought they were dicks about that or they used it as an excuse or both.

Disrespecting Beck by being happy in the background? what a crock of shit.

I thought they all looked genuinely happy. What you whiners aren't seeing is the super enthusiastic happy audience that they are looking at. Wolfgang has the look of someone laughing at their Aunt dancing on a table at a wedding...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                  Insinuating that my belief that Dave could tone it down a notch with being uncomfortable seeing him touch a woman is quite a stretch, doncha think?

Perhaps some of the recent posts around here angle toward a real control attitude about what Dave is doing and how he isn't doing it with you for you and about you..you know the way you want your special DLR, to be.

Now.... "you" in my sentence above can be quite a few posters on this site.

The content seems somewhat more than just a criticism of a rock band and their current "show".

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

I would love to be a fly on the wall when they are brainstorming their fucking ideas.
                    VH and brainstorming - now there's two words you don't often see together in the same sentence.
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• private parts
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2007

Wolfgang has the look of someone laughing at their Aunt dancing on a table at a wedding...
                      I think that's kind of the point here. We don't want to see our favorite uncle dancing on the table.
                      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                        "Van Ellen"

More like "Van Dyke".
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

What you whiners aren't seeing is the super enthusiastic happy audience that they are looking at.
                          You mean the audience that is being coached by signs, the crew, Ellen, and whoever else?

You can call me a whiner all you want, but I expect more out of these guys (mainly Dave) than they are giving. It's a shame you are so willing to accept less than mediocre out of the greatest American rock band that ever existed. I'm sorry, I don't accept it. Especially since it doesn't have to be that way.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            Wanting a great band to forge on as a great band makes me bizarre? So be it.

I still love this band. Just not thrilled with some of their decisions.

But preach on as if you're the only one with a clue.

Just remember, everyone here is entitled their own opinion. Isn't it obvious to you that they're never all going to match?

Fuck it.
                            The only thing DLR and The VH group can do is create some new music during this tour that is contemporary towards their current abilities and the atmospheres of today.

Otherwise this is all you faking fags are going to get the 5K rendition of mother fucking jump.

That is all there is to draw from...jeez..hot dog and mother fucking shake doods......

Mix it up dance with some scripted girl for a few second give the people all you have....there is nothing more.

Play the songs outdoor venues this time.... gather some writing material, new album next spring.

And that last sentence is all up to them.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I would love to be a fly on the wall when they are brainstorming their fucking ideas.
                              I think it's more a case of Ed and Al going down a list he sends them - "Midgets NO, jugglers NO, showgirls NO, Live dog show NO, Bonsai tree garden NO!.... Ok let him have the 2 minute dance with his instructor jeez."

Comment

• philouze
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2004

gather some writing material, new album next spring.
                                Like it's gonna happen...

Comment

Working...