X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    I think Tremonti is a much better guitarist and clearly a better song writer. Is there really any doubt?
    Beats me. He could be Beethoven for all I know. Maybe he should replace Ed. Then they could get a younger drummer too and then a younger singer and blaze on into the future as The New Van Halen or something catchy like that.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
      I think Tremonti is a much better guitarist and clearly a better song writer. Is there really any doubt?
      so I think this dude is a better bassist that Wolf will ever be..

just think.....then who gives a fuck....

2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
        Head Fluffer
        • Dec 2008

Awesome news - can't wait!!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS!
        I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• Jetstream
          Foot Soldier
          • Dec 2011

Prince is currently going on tour and not announcing his shows and giving surprise performances... this should be right up Van Halen's alley if they tour, except the dates will leak out since they cannot get anything right lol
          I got lost in the...

Comment

• Carloscda
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2009

Like someone said in another post I seen. This board, VHND etc are the only ones that dissect every intricate part of VH. But for the causal fan of VH with this news they're loosing their minds right now!

Even though some don't admit it when the see VH they see 78-84. Thy see the VH we all came to know and love. Dave with his acrobatics etc. Not that they're in their 60's now?! And speaking of which being that they are in their 60's why does this band get so much flack??

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

So, all the rock fans watch daytime shows like Ellen? Who knew. That new PR they supposedly have must have envisaged that great big ocean liner on the record cover sailing into oblivion, or insignificance, or lamedom.

'Yeah - let's go and play 'Jump' and 'Tattoo' for all of those potential album / ticket buyers who regularly tune into daytime TV'.

I love the press release. 'Special guests, Van Halen and a Nutritionist!' ... 'and you guys are ... Spinal Parp?'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                Prince is currently going on tour and not announcing his shows and giving surprise performances... this should be right up Van Halen's alley if they tour, except the dates will leak out since they cannot get anything right lol
                Prince is notoritous for this stuff though - he once did a three hour impromtou performance in a Buffalo bar after his concert ended sometime in the 90's...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Maybe Dave and Ellen will dance the night away, together!

Comment

• neuralfraud
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Aug 2010

"Greatest Hits Tour" - who the fuck are they, the rolling stones?

no. It's VAN HALEN. how many "Greatest Hits" do they really have?

You really got me
                    Runnin with the devil
                    beautiful girls?
                    and the cradle will rock
                    mean street
                    unchained
                    pretty woman
                    jump
                    panama
                    hot for teacher
                    ...that'll be a quick set!

Let's be serious here. The term "Greatest" in conjunction with the word "Hits" usually means the best of the best. How can such a cheeseball term like "Greatest Hits" be used with VAN HALEN?!

...as they say - hope for the best but expect the worst... the cynic inside me is reminding me that it's been about 8 years since EVH's "[the gaygar era songs] have grown up and gone to college" comment ...and the douchebags just graduated.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I agree with our buddy, Halen High, from what he posted at the VHND...

"I don't watch the Ellen DeGeneres Show, obviously... but I'll certainly watch this episode. She has a big international following so this will be great exposure. I believe the Foo Fighters, Slash and Jimmy Page have also played on Ellen."

I do think if they're calling this a Greatest Hits tour, that's a bit of a sign there won't be any deep cut surprises.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by neuralfraud
                        "Greatest Hits Tour" - who the fuck are they, the rolling stones?

no. It's VAN HALEN. how many "Greatest Hits" do they really have?
                        I think their set from '07-'08 could be considered a Greatest Hits line up. Not going by hit singles as much as they were the more familiar tunes. That tour and apparently this coming tour are more geared towards the casual fans and potential newbies. There seems to be a lack of confidence or a boat load of laziness or both in this band that is preventing them from attempting to make it in today's music world with new music. That is very, very unfortunate.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Um, no, they'll be on TV before that, on the 30th to be exact.....
                          Please don't play DTNA.
                          WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            Do you smell toast? Cause I think you just had a stroke.
                            I smell toast... when considering this as a career milestone for VH!!

A daytime, lesbian talk show sandwiched in a time slot with Jerry Springer and Dr Phil... are you flippin kidding me..?
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              I smell toast... when considering this as a career milestone for VH!!

A daytime, lesbian talk show sandwiched in a time slot with Jerry Springer and Dr Phil... are you flippin kidding me..?
                              Unusual, but not surprising, of course. I always figured they might hit SNL some day. Kimmel is getting closer to something like that. Ellen is an peculiar choice. One things for sure. They'll be playing in front of more women at that gig than any of the arena stops on the last tour.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

It is probably the biggest audience they will play for all year.

Seriously.
                                WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

Working...