X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by WARF
    Reason For Edit: 2nd diagram was too hard on Roth.
    I've been wondering about this and I think the reason I'm not as bothered as a lot of people about this is that back in the 80s apart from VH my favorite band was Ozzy. Before the invention of piped in live vocals Ozzy live was not for the faint hearted.

Dave is singing in tune, sometimes a different tune in some of the verses but in tune. He's also post 60 and kicking his height, not fat and enthusiastic.

Comment

• Droomer5150
      Roadie
      • Jan 2012

Anyone complaining about 2015 Van Halen just be thankful we aren't experiencing this again, MAN!

Last edited by Droomer5150; 04-05-2015, 11:28 PM.
      SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by moose
        I still haven't watched the Ellen vid but today my brother in law and his brother in law made comment on how horrible Dave sounded. They said that the band was tight but Dave was acting like a child and his voice was horrendous they said he was singing in a higher than normal register...and for this reason I will NOT GO SEE A ONCE MIGHTY Dave act like a fool and sing in a manner that is not DAVE. If this TOUR is the last hurrah for the band then so be it I can say that I saw them in their prime as a band and that will be with me forever...sorry Boys ILL STICK TO MY BOOTLEGS and the original 6
        And I'm guessing you're going to have a few shots of Cabo Wabo tequila as well?
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          I've been wondering about this and I think the reason I'm not as bothered as a lot of people about this is that back in the 80s apart from VH my favorite band was Ozzy. Before the invention of piped in live vocals Ozzy live was not for the faint hearted.

Dave is singing in tune, sometimes a different tune in some of the verses but in tune. He's also post 60 and kicking his height, not fat and enthusiastic.
          Are you using the Saturday night get out clause of ... I've had worse.

fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• philouze
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by fraroc

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Droomer5150
              Anyone complaining about 2015 Van Halen just be thankful we aren't experiencing this again, MAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5J-fK0r0N0
              love that "shut the fuck up you fat asshole"-look at 1:31 though
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

You'll be old enough to drink one day...
                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• fraroc
                  Commando
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                  You'll be old enough to drink one day...
                  Don't remind me....(just 8 more fucking months)
                  How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Dave has become a distraction, plain and simple. Most of the "Ellen" performance was pretty cringe-worthy.

Sorry folks, but live Van Halen performances should hold you in rapt attention and unleash your inner rock beast.

These current Van Halen performances make me want to:

a. rub my forehead and shake my head slowly
                    b. burst out into fits of uncontrollable laughter
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                      love that "shut the fuck up you fat asshole"-look at 1:31 though
                      And on top of that, Ed's meth-addled voice had more character than the other two he shared the stage with.

For as messed up as Ed was '00 through '06, that still would have been one helluva show if the reunion with DLR happened in that time frame. The years Ed wasted doing the wrong thing with the wrong people looms large now, no matter how tip top he is at the moment. Not faulting him for Dave's present day troubles, but shit...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                        Dave has become a distraction, plain and simple. Most of the "Ellen" performance was pretty cringe-worthy.

Sorry folks, but live Van Halen performances should hold you in rapt attention and unleash your inner rock beast.

These current Van Halen performances make me want to:

a. rub my forehead and shake my head slowly
                        b. burst out into fits of uncontrollable laughter
                        I'm right there with you on letter A, but too disgusted, perplexed and annoyed to crack a smile. I can't believe this band has me now fishing through '07/'08 YouTube clips! WTFF?!
                        Last edited by DLR Bridge; 04-06-2015, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          And on top of that, Ed's meth-addled voice had more character than the other two he shared the stage with.

For as messed up as Ed was '00 through '06, that still would have been one helluva show if the reunion with DLR happened in that time frame. The years Ed wasted doing the wrong thing with the wrong people looms large now, no matter how tip top he is at the moment. Not faulting him for Dave's present day troubles, but shit...
                          Always love your posts Bridge...

It would have been awesome. When all is said and done, and the final book is written on Van Halen, there will be one giant chapter on "missed opportunities."

Dave being back between '04 and '06 would have been amazing, but it probably would have burned brightly for a very brief period of time before flaming out. Ed's altered state would have had zero tolerance for Dave. I think the only things keeping it together right now is Ed's sobriety (leading to greater objectivity) and his desire to keep playing with his kid.
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            I'm right there with you on letter A, but too disgusted, perplexed and annoyed to crack a smile. I can't believe this band has me now fishing through '07/'08 YouTube clips! WTFF?!
                            I have to laugh...I'm getting to old to get angry anymore.

Every time I see Dave wiggling, tangoing, throwing the jazz hands, or giving that large mouth bass smile of his I just crack up. It doesn't feel very rock and roll....

I believe it was Dave who criticized post-Roth era Van Halen by saying that the band makes you want to "drink milk, drive a Nissan, and have a relationship." Well, he certainly appeared to be in his element in front of Ellen's studio audience....most of which were females who probably kissed their husbands goodbye and packed a carton of milk in their kids lunch before driving a Nissan to the Ellen show.

I know....times change. Dave doesn't need to be a beer drinker and hell-raiser anymore at 60. But he doesn't need to be Bob Fosse either....

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

If Dave is going to be contorting and mincing around like he was on Ellen, maybe fat ass on bass distracting my view is a blessing in disguise.
                              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• philouze
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2004

Don't remind me....(just 8 more fucking months)
                                And then your "ADD, Anxiety, Depression, OCD......" stuff will be over? Damn, I can't wait!!!
                                No, actually, I don't give a fuck.

Comment

Working...