• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Angel
    The Robin Williams line is better...

I watched Mork & Mindy every week. He was a cool dude, as far as the show went. Too bad he went out hanging from a door knob.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Too cold for snow? Really?

This is what I'm talking about. No offense to Angel, but it's too cold to snow? I can create snow all day long, so long as it's 36 or colder. So it's too cold on the planet for snow, but it's too goddamn hot at the same time?

I have no idea how we got on this topic - I blame myself - but seriously, the planet just got so hot that there is more snow coming down than in recent record? Are you shitting me? It's so hot that the climate has self corrected by dumping more snow? The East Coast of the US has been basically paralyzed by the snow and it's hotter? Hell yes Global Warming rules!! Because the hotter it gets then the colder it gets and eventually the planet will reach a sort of equilibrium.
      It's been warmer than usual, that's why we just got dumped on, and 36 is not cold... -40 is cold, and when it's that cold it's dry...and there is no moisture in the clouds. Ergo, no precipitation.

Have you ever been outside when it's -40? You can actually hear the ice crystals in your eyeballs when you blink...It's pretty cool actually.

Now, back on topic...I won't be seeing this one either. No way I can afford a road trip after 30 years of university...
      Last edited by Angel; 03-25-2015, 01:25 AM.
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Ah, I won't see this tour either. It's not worth a hun or more to see a make believe VH show. They had their chance two different times on two different tours and now they have the golden opportunity and they piss it away. I hope they make a ton of cash. But it won't be my money.

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

I hope he just sings normal. I cannot take any more sifting through the youtubes for the over my range avoidance videos. Do 2007 and not 2013 please. Please I cannot really take that anymore.
          Last edited by SunisinuS; 03-25-2015, 03:15 AM. Reason: No Please. Just be kewl and save the Broadway for your Broadway show. Please? I don't want young kids on Kimmel to laugh.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I doubt I would be going...but did they fucking forget Philadelphia?

I guess the don't remember the fun they had filming the "Panama" video at The Spectrum....
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

What is everyone so excited about?

The majority hate the new live album....

The majority hate Wolfgang being in the band....

Why the hoopla over this tour?
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I mean seriously....three tours and one new record in 8 years. OK, maybe two new records if you count the live Tokyo nonsense. For Van Halen, that's downright prolific.

But the last two tours were primarily "greatest hits" tours with a couple of ill-fated attempts at ADKOT songs thrown in, and they weren't necessarily a regular part of the setlist. I don't see this tour being any different.

I'm at the fucking point where I'd appreciate it if Eddie and Alex threw in a performance of "Respect The Wind" just for something different....

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                  We're building a brand new fucking stadium....
                  What the hell is that ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                    OK, maybe two new records if you count the live Tokyo nonsense.
                    Make that five...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Are those the corrected 2012 Dave scat lyrics on the sleeves ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I think the stuff in red is written by Michael Anthony...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

That record cover is a joke. "Recorded in front of 44,000 of our closest friends" Ha! Can't Dave or whomever is writing that shit come up with something new?

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

You Yankees are spoiled brats... I'd like to wonder if I would go and see them like you do.

Damn, does Europe stink that much?? I know it's a matter of taxes being too high here, but hell, they've even played a few dates in Australia and Japan, just a few, which isn't really enough for it to be financially worth it, so...
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

You can only figure Van Halen doesn't think they have 44,000 friends in Europe...
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                You can only figure Van Halen doesn't think they have 44,000 friends in Europe...
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...