X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
    Looks like the place holds 20,000...wonder if it gets close to full? I wish every venue had this warning also..good luck enforcing..

Just speculating, but appears they'll be rehearsing at the ampitheater for a few days after tonight's "Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival" there (Slayer and about 10 other bands).... Nothing else scheduled until VH's show Sunday....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Good guess... yesterday's FB posts by Wolfgang and Ed's Damn Dog™ showed bags packed and bon voyage hugs with Val, Wolf & Ed...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Heater
        Changing the fingering over which notes get held, hammered and tapped changes it up very little.
        The rest of your post I agree with. This part, not so much. I'm one tenth (or less) the guitarist Ed is and I've come up with cool melodies while tapping. More can most definitely be done with the technique. There has to be the desire to expand. He has no such desire. I said in a different thread, dream setlist one I think, that his solo spot should be a full band instrumental. That would be a better way to showcase new elements. The lone guitar solo is a thing of the past.

Comment

• Jetstream
          Foot Soldier
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          The rest of your post I agree with. This part, not so much. I'm one tenth (or less) the guitarist Ed is and I've come up with cool melodies while tapping. More can most definitely be done with the technique. There has to be the desire to expand. He has no such desire. I said in a different thread, dream setlist one I think, that his solo spot should be a full band instrumental. That would be a better way to showcase new elements. The lone guitar solo is a thing of the past.
          Ed is like a creature of habit... anything he ever did which was new came from being on drugs lol
          I got lost in the...

Comment

• slimdon
            Roadie
            • Feb 2004

Weather reports predict hot temperatures on Sunday for the tour kick-off. I for one am happy as f**k to be going, and just really glad that I get another chance to see them. There won't be any complaints from me as I've got better things to do, such as ride the positive into summertime. I'm seeing Van Halen and it's going to be f**king hot. Happy July everyone!
            Last edited by slimdon; 07-01-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by slimdon
              Weather reports predict hot temperatures on Sunday for the tour kick-off. I for one am happy as f**k to be going, and just really glad that I get another chance to see them. There won't be any complaints from me as I've got better things to do, such as ride the positive into summertime. I'm seeing Van Halen and it's going to be f**king hot. Happy July everyone!
              Be sure to give us a good review in the Seattle thread.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• slimdon
                Roadie
                • Feb 2004

Sunday will be my 14th time seeing Dave, and 3rd time with the brothers. If they can defy history and finish this tour, I've got tickets for the Hollywood Bowl show as well. Here's to a wonderful summer soundtrack of classic Van Halen. Cheers!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Just a few more rehearsals in Seattle and we’ll be ready to go. #VanHalen pic.twitter.com/570T4YUpXk— Wolf Van Halen (@WolfVanHalen) July 2, 2015

Comment

• philouze
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004

If these shows are open air, there'll be no blowers...
                    What will be Roth's excuse then???
                    Can't wait for another meltdown...

Comment

• Heater
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      Certainly there are infinite melody possibilities utilizing this technique I just think there is a " sameness" to the overall sound regardless of note choice.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

I think this is one of those situations where the majority of the audience (not us idiots) aren't really gonna care that's it's been 90% the same solo he's used for over 30 years now....

I think the regular Joe The Concert Goer will just enjoy Eddie wailing for 10 minutes and hear Eruption at the end, and that's it.....

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by philouze
                          If these shows are open air, there'll be no blowers...
                          What will be Roth's excuse then???
                          Can't wait for another meltdown...
                          Humidity!
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Heater
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            I think this is one of those situations where the majority of the audience (not us idiots) aren't really gonna care that's it's been 90% the same solo he's used for over 30 years now....

I think the regular Joe The Concert Goer will just enjoy Eddie wailing for 10 minutes and hear Eruption at the end, and that's it.....
                            I agree, same reason you know they'll close with Jump. They have to target the Joe Concert demographic, the ones who will be going to the bathroom or beer line if they break out LUTS, DDL, etc.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, it could hit triple digits here over the weekend, and the show is at the White River Ampitheater, so if the river starts boiling, humidity is entirely possible.

Normally we aren't all that humid up here (least not compared to the South, for example) but earlier this week we had rain at night and then 90 something degrees the next day, so that made things a bit sticky.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

From Malcolm's Instagram account, which I guess he's calling "Official instagram of The Greatest Band Ever, Van Halen"

Last nights rehearsal. First for Seattle!#vanhalen #seattle #2015tour A photo posted by Malcolm Van Halen (@van_halen2015) on Jul 2, 2015 at 2:36pm PDT

Comment

Working...