New EVH interview (Washington Post, April 2nd)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    those tapes are not made of steel...they disperse...when Queen revisited the original master of Bohemian Rhapsody they were hardly able to run it again and had to give it a special procedure. so it is possible that these tapes are gone when somebody at WB asked the threshold worker to check the old shit in the storage if it's still running or not.
    Well I find it hard to believe that the moment the digital era hit in the mid-eighties, gems like this weren't at least digitally archived.
    And aren't all of the things Jimmy Page recently worked from older? His tapes held up.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      I, politely, voiced my displeasure with the content of that interview at the VHND board and they took it down in 1 minute. Total snow job, this band.
      You can't be serious. They deleted your post??

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        Well I find it hard to believe that the moment the digital era hit in the mid-eighties, gems like this weren't at least digitally archived.
        And aren't all of the things Jimmy Page recently worked from older? His tapes held up.
        it's a question of storage. like celluloid. cool it, dry it and don't touch it...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I just don't buy the 'didn't have time to make a record' line... why the fuck not? Was there a deadline? Was fatso-the-bass-player too busy recording his amazing solo album?
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Why would Warner Brothers have them at all never mind in a vault?

They were recorded long before they signed with WB.
            That's what I was wondering... weren't those demos produced by Gene Simmons before WB got on board?

I've also got to wonder what became of all the inventory that was stored at that film/tape archive still exists..? With all the management changes surrounding the band over the last 30-40 years stuff like that can easily be lost or just chucked into a dumpster if someone forgot to pay a bill or whoever was managing that left and didn't hand off anything to keep it retained.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Jeff's outfit doesn't tolerate much criticism/negativity there... he's got a business to protect.
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I just found it. Weird. It was gone, but now it's there. Guess they decided my gripe was legit.

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

My lord, Ed is incapable of taking responsibility isn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                    My lord, Ed is incapable of taking responsibility isn't he?
                    What lord would that be ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      That's what I was wondering... weren't those demos produced by Gene Simmons before WB got on board?
                      No no no. Those are the 10 songs that they were flown out to Electric Lady Land by Gene to record. That's an earlier batch than the WB stuff.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by philouze
                        I call bullshit on this one.
                        I call BS on everything that runs out of Edwad's mouth...

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                          I just don't buy the 'didn't have time to make a record' line... why the fuck not? Was there a deadline? Was fatso-the-bass-player too busy recording his amazing solo album?
                          They didn't have time to record over the last two years?

You are really going to blame Wolf for that? Why, because he got tired of sitting around waiting on these guys, and went and recorded with Tremonti? Wolf dropped Tremonti the second these guys got off their asses. FACT!

As much as we all suck Dave's cock around here, can we really resist putting the onus on him? Dave's the one that's been in Japan the whole fucking time. Dave's the one that's probably been too busy getting tattoo's, to record an album. Dave's the one that seems to find anything to do, other than record a new album. Or work on his voice.

I am sick of making excuses for these fucking idiots. All of them.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            Does ANYBODY really believe Gene Simmons "lost" his Van Halen recordings?

Comment

• Bloomington
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Oct 2009

I think alot of the old stuff may see the light of day when Warner Brothers decides to release it not Van Halen.

Comment

• philouze
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2004

Does ANYBODY really believe Gene Simmons "lost" his Van Halen recordings?
                                He already lost his credibility, so anything can happen.

Comment

Working...