X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
    Sam's entitled to his opinion, particularly if he was asked directly about the live album. I just happen to not give a fuck about his opinion about, well, anything.
    That's just it...he wasn't asked
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
      Sammy's jealousy is obvious..while VH is shutting down streets in hollywood and doing chessy tv shows, Sammy is starting up yet ANOTHER project coming soon to a state fair near you..Roth is laughing actually..
      Now now....

To be fair, Sambo's gonna play Fremont St. in Vegas, which holds a good 200 people around that stage....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by CVH Rulz
        I knew it was coming. He has a new project coming out, and this is his m.o. every time he does.
        This new project which by an extraordinary coincidence is his first live album in 12 years...

Comment

• Jetstream
          Foot Soldier
          • Dec 2011

This is the sad state of affairs for Hagar, it does not matter if his voice has held up. It does not matter if he can sing in an unoriginal typical AOR voice on lame ass songs with a total lack of imagination be it good or bad. Hagar is fucking boring. His songs are fucking boring and therefore he sucks. Hell, I heard he did a couple of Zeppelin songs on his new 'live' LP. Can't blame him, his songs suck. The stellar music David and Edward have created is also the very problem that allows Roth to get away with a bunch of crap for the most part, because classic Van Halen is so damn great. Roth singing through a respirator and Alex on a water bucket, joined by Eddie attempting to play a bagpipe would be better than Hagar at his best, because the Van Halen catalog is light years better and uniquely legendary compared to the cliché run of the mill junk Hagar has to peddle with his healthy boring tone of a voice... Hagar at his best is average, and Van Halen at their worst is still more interesting
          I got lost in the...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            This new project which by an extraordinary coincidence is his first live album in 12 years...
            What's this, his third live album of a VH cover band? Still can't believe he had the balls to put Cherone on one of them. Like they were such pals. He was as gracious to Gary as he is to Dave, and that's not at all.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Just so everyone is clear on this, I had used Google to find out how long it's been since Hagar's last live album.

I realize this will have annoyed a few people and it would have annoyed some others if I hadn't had to. It's all very tricky...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Spam should talk about vocals. I heard some Van Hagar boots from the Balance tour where his voice was trashed and Sobolewski was the only one hitting high notes on crappy cheese songs like "Dreams". And that was 20 years ago. Can't imagine he's gained any vocal range since then, especially pushing 70
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Actually he sounds better than he did back then...

And way way better than Dave today...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

No WAY can Dave scream like that, unfortunately...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Talking of new forums wasn't there a Sheep Pen forum for Hagar fans back in the day?

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I'm not a Hagar fan, but that clip absolutely KILLS that live Tokyo crap...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Talking of new forums wasn't there a Sheep Pen forum for Hagar fans back in the day?
                          yup

pelvis and mr. p, you got some 'splainin' to do
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Elvis, you are the reigning champion of posting Hagar videos here.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              yup

pelvis and mr. p, you got some 'splainin' to do
                              Nevah!! Now where's my red jumpsuit? That clip got me all fired up!

See what I did there?
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                                Nevah!! Now where's my red jumpsuit? That clip got me all fired up!

See what I did there?
                                pat wore black...https://youtu.be/4Y0MvOvM7g4
                                Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 04-07-2015, 07:55 PM. Reason: boobs
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...