X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rustoffa
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hoongood
    I bought this CD the week it came out, and I tried to like it. I really tried. But no amount of love for Dave could make this album any good.
    "That Beatles Tune" absolutely has to be the worst thing ever put on record by anyone associated with VH!
    Hagar makes better music than this!
    Ouch! That hurts!

There are a few tracks on the CD that are not bad in a YFLM sort of way, but overall, a huge disapointment.

Comment

• Sarge
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

I wouldn't say that Hagar makes bettter music than anything Dave has ever done.

It's like speedballs to milkshakes..
      Like Moonshine to CHEESE!
      ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
      The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
      [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• flappo
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

..yeah dd may have sucked rancid cheese covered donkey dicks , but cuntpared to mind numbing dross filled garbage like three lock box , voa and that utterly abysmal standing hampton it's a fakkin masterwork

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Diamond Dave wasn't the best stuff I've ever heard from Dave, but hard to imagine it selling so poorly.

Had asked the clerk at my local Sam Goody if they were going to sell it about a month before it was due to be released. She said yes, but that I oughta reserve a copy in advance, since they would only be stocking 4 copies.

Don't get me wrong. I dig the CD, but when I read that 12,000 + sales figure I had to laugh.

I don't think that guy's gonna ever see platinum again unless Halen releases some old live stuff on a DVD. Am beginning to doubt that even a new studio album of reunited classic Van Halen would break a million.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR7884
            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

A new VH album with Dave would do a million easy. Especially if it sounded like MWM and CGTSNM.

DLR7884
            You bet your ass it would!
            Originally Posted by WARF:
            DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• TMR

Nice to see you here!
              I don't think the record is that bad, i've been listening to it everyday. At least it's now When it's love or why con't this be love or I can stop loving you....etc

Originally posted by Hoongood
              I bought this CD the week it came out, and I tried to like it. I really tried. But no amount of love for Dave could make this album any good.
              "That Beatles Tune" absolutely has to be the worst thing ever put on record by anyone associated with VH!
              Hagar makes better music than this!
              Ouch! That hurts!

There are a few tracks on the CD that are not bad in a YFLM sort of way, but overall, a huge disapointment.

Comment

• azcrdnal
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
                It's a piece of shit.

DLR7884
                In a VH3 sort of way.
                i agree 100% it is shit

Comment

• Dave IS VH

I didn't think Dave's new album wasn't all that bad. If you are expecting classic Van Halen era forget about it. It is great in a unqie way.

Comment

• Dave IS VH

A Van Halen reunion with Dave would be so big. A new album with Dave back in VH would do very well. The venus would sell out with in minutes of ticket onsales. The VH brothers are too fucked up to relise that.

Comment

• Bob_R
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It's a piece of shit.

Originally posted by azcrdnal
                      i agree 100% it is shit
                      Me three
                      Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave IS VH
                        A Van Halen reunion with Dave would be so big. A new album with Dave back in VH would do very well. The venus would sell out with in minutes of ticket onsales. The VH brothers are too fucked up to relise that.
                        In 1996, couldn't have agreed with you more.

If they reunited now, I could see them moving concert tickets big-time, but am not so sure about a reunion album doing all that well.

Just because Van Halen's last full-length album with Roth, 1984, has sold 10 million + doesn't mean all ten million in sales were hard-core Van Halen fans. Would bet a certain percentage of those CD sales were fans upgrading their vinyl and cassettes to CDs (would be interesting to see what the breakdown is of 1984 sales in format terms). And I'm sure a lot of people bought it just because it had Jump on it.

Look at what Van Halen 3 sold. Look at what Diamond Dave sold. Unless Dave lit a fire under Ed and Al's asses to come up with music suitable for something other than an elevator ride, a reunited classic Halen album would only have so many blind sales (people getting it without hearing it first). And unless the music was shit hot, the casual fan wouldn't shell out the money for it.

Look at the Page and Plant 1994 album - not Led Zep, but almost as close as you were gonna get considering Jones and Jason Bonham weren't there, and that album sold like shit but the concerts were standing room only.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• flappo
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

..standing by the exit

Comment

• roger2004

Dave should stick to writing books!!

More Crap albums like this are hard to take for fans give us a new book at least he's good at that!

Roger

Comment

• Cathedral
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Dave is Dave, I won't buy his latest release because the reviews are terrible and i am no sheep that i follow anything or anyone blindly.

Dave, if you want my cash you need to put out something that really cooks...

Oh, and Fuck Van Halen......Dave is to good to reunite with those brain fucked asswipes.......

Comment

• vamp1227

Except us.

DLR7884
                                Honestly, Dave could tape himself farting into a mike and half the people on these boards would buy it.
                                I would...LOL

Except us.

DLR7884
                                Honestly, Dave could tape himself farting into a mike and half the people on these boards would buy it.

Comment

Working...