Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knuckleboner
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

diamond dave is only bad if you're expecting hard rock.

it's much more "just a gigalo" than it's "yankee rose."

yeah, van halen with dave is my favorite band, and i love that kind of music. but i've got other musical tastes as well. i don't like them quite as much. but a little variety now and then is a good thing.

Comment

• Lou

I guess. I know this is cynical, but I really believe "Diamond Dave" was the result of not having any new material to put out. I think DLR felt he had to get out something, and with no new material, had to resort to a cover album. I can't imagine why, if he had new material, not one new song would appear on the album. No "Thug Pop" does not count as it is a DLR Band left over, 5 years old, and NOT EVEN RECORDED WITH THE CURRENT BAND. Nor do "Medicine Man" and "Act One" count as legit songs.

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

yeah, i kinda agree there, lou.

i don't mind dave covering tunes he likes, just because he usually puts such a good take on them.

but i would've rather they be spread out with a few more originals.

though, most of dave's none-hard-rock tunes have been covers.

who knows. but i'm looking forward to a DLRBand style disc next time...

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

It always comes back to, "Well, it is Dave, so I'll take it."

As long as I like it, the rest means nothing. Maybe it will serve as a buffer until Dave gets some new original material together. But I agree with knuckleboner, Dave usually covers a song in a way that we can like.

Comment

• Figs
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?
            who is sammy hagar?

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
              Commando
              • Mar 2003

You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              who is sammy hagar?
              David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million
              "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                I guess. I know this is cynical, but I really believe "Diamond Dave" was the result of not having any new material to put out. I think DLR felt he had to get out something, and with no new material, had to resort to a cover album. I can't imagine why, if he had new material, not one new song would appear on the album. No "Thug Pop" does not count as it is a DLR Band left over, 5 years old, and NOT EVEN RECORDED WITH THE CURRENT BAND. Nor do "Medicine Man" and "Act One" count as legit songs.

I know I'm a year and a half late, but............CUNT!

Comment

• katie
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

I would really love to see Dave back with VH.
                  Say they got their shit together and put out a new album,
                  For it to sell 1 million units it would have to be on a major label and it would have to have the right distribution and Radio pluggers on board.

It is rumored that VH have lost their record deal with Spam and i belive no majors will touch them unless it is the CVH line up.

I reckon it would be a sure fire winner.
                  Judas Priest have shown other bands the way.
                  You can with a major get a hit album again.

VH members are now the other side of 50 years in age...
                  The death clock is ticking..........

Get the reunion going NOW!

Comment

• azcrdnal
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TMR
                    It really doesn't matter on how many units he's selling, he's making money off the tour and having a great time.

I think this Diamond Dave record is great, of course I would like a killer rocker cd with songs like THUG POP...

Maybe the next cd will have a killer song list, when Dave made CFTH back in 1985 and I heard Coconut Grove I thought wow, he's changing his style then the next year EEAS was released!!

At least our favorite rocker is on tour!
                    tmr shit where have you been?

Comment

• Polk High
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

so what are the sales of this album now?
                      We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Polk High
                        so what are the sales of this album now?
                        who cares...you could increase it by buying one...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Polk High
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

I already got one, thats probably 3% of the sales
                          We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• VonHalen
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jul 2005

its a shame, all these other artists are putting out cover tunes and they are selling, Mcdonald, Stewart etc, Now i hear Def Leppard is putting out one, This must be "The Cover Tune Decade"

Comment

• VonHalen
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jul 2005

Ozzy has one too, also one coming out sepeartely in the fall

Comment

Working...