X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    He may not give a shit about himself being active on the net... but he owns a brand he's been selling his entire life which is purely media based. Why allow that avenue to fall apart when you are back on the big stage and in the current consciousness of popular entertainment..?

Many of you "fans" seem to be of the mindset that Dave is such a smart businessman when it comes to promoting his music and brand... this current situation is NOT the actions of a smart business move. Quite the opposite in my opinion...
    Not if everything goes through Edward, you are fond of talking a lot, and saying one thing which could accidently get you kicked out of your cash cow because your brand name at the moment is Van Halen lol
    I got lost in the...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

My money is on a possible fall out with Shelly. If she handled all of his interweb stuff and had her legal ducks in a row, they may be duking it out in court or something. I strongly doubt the VHers are behind the shut down. If they didn't have a problem with his Roth Show episode surrounding the EEAS band, I can't imagine they'd give a rats ass about anything else he sent up the pole.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        My money is on a possible fall out with Shelly. If she handled all of his interweb stuff and had her legal ducks in a row, they may be duking it out in court or something. I strongly doubt the VHers are behind the shut down. If they didn't have a problem with his Roth Show episode surrounding the EEAS band, I can't imagine they'd give a rats ass about anything else he sent up the pole.

It's not that.

I don't know what it actually is, but it's not that......
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Well it's a good thing I don't have much money then.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

He may not give a shit about himself being active on the net... but he owns a brand he's been selling his entire life which is purely media based. Why allow that avenue to fall apart when you are back on the big stage and in the current consciousness of popular entertainment..?

Many of you "fans" seem to be of the mindset that Dave is such a smart businessman when it comes to promoting his music and brand... this current situation is NOT the actions of a smart business move. Quite the opposite in my opinion...
            The back catalog constantly sells...Dave cashes his checks, or not...maybe he leaves them on a desk, kind of like Manny Ramirez leaving stacks of uncashed game checks in his locker.

I guess he could have promoted the re-released solo albums, as well as the remastered VH discs. Why post media, when it's all over YouTube and here anyways.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              I can't believe anyone would waste their time wondering what is up with a stupid fucking domain name.

It's not like Dave has ever used it for anything of substance anyway.

Somehow I think Dave spends more time figuring out which scarf he's going to fling around on stage, than he does about internet bullshit.
              Well I no longer have to wonder if you're just an old codger with a poor disposition... that's a no brainer!!

Just grew tired of hearing about Dave's keen business management skills and now wondering why he's chosen a total dumbass approach. I agree he's never used the internet worth a damn... but he was showing signs of coming around until he screwed it up recently...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Screwed it as in his recent big van Halen cash in concerts rather than his Andy whorehole Hard Rock Cafe gig period
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Screwed it... as in Dave having an outlet to showcase "Dave being Dave" as a stand alone entertainment entity that was complimentary to his legacy/brand and wasn't a threat to his occasional day job with Van Halen.

Dave's always had this aspect of where he's a much bigger personality with broader aspirations/contributions than just the "singer in a band"...

The Roth Show™ and supporting media were genius and perfectly suited to both documenting Dave's legacy, but also a Mark Twain like story telling that Dave's always had a knack for wanting to share with his audience. The format and Shelly's superb editing talents played perfectly to Dave's twitchy, ADHD brain dumps... told a story and enhanced it with excellent visuals and soundtracks to paint the total artistic picture.

Whatever Dave and/or his production company did to fuck up this amazing outlet is a rotten shame... All that stuff should be on the net and available for the fans to enjoy and to stand as a fine autobiographical album from one of the most colorful entertainers of "OUR" time.

As it stands now... those diamonds and gems are sitting on a few hard drives somewhere... hopefully with protected backups and not being preserved by the IRS or Hillary Clinton's IT team...

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

As it stands now... those diamonds and gems are sitting on a few hard drives somewhere... hopefully with protected backups and not being preserved by the IRS or Hillary Clinton's IT team...
                    I have the vids. We probably can't host them without hearing about it. Could always torrent them.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Cool... I put more faith in your ability to retain a workable copy than most others!!

Just don't put them in Von's hands...

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Cool... I put more faith in your ability to retain a workable copy than most others!!

Just don't put them in Von's hands...
                        What have I ever lost, you fucknut?

Twona, at this time, I don't think they should be torrented.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Screwed it... as in Dave having an outlet to showcase "Dave being Dave" as a stand alone entertainment entity that was complimentary to his legacy/brand and wasn't a threat to his occasional day job with Van Halen.

Dave's always had this aspect of where he's a much bigger personality with broader aspirations/contributions than just the "singer in a band"...

The Roth Show™ and supporting media were genius and perfectly suited to both documenting Dave's legacy, but also a Mark Twain like story telling that Dave's always had a knack for wanting to share with his audience. The format and Shelly's superb editing talents played perfectly to Dave's twitchy, ADHD brain dumps... told a story and enhanced it with excellent visuals and soundtracks to paint the total artistic picture.

Whatever Dave and/or his production company did to fuck up this amazing outlet is a rotten shame... All that stuff should be on the net and available for the fans to enjoy and to stand as a fine autobiographical album from one of the most colorful entertainers of "OUR" time.

The Roth show was hated on here the only place he actually has fans.. It was lambasted for its wrestling pseudo Japanese bollox. It made the live cd seem popular.

Am a fan of the Dave stuff i was just thinking Dave is filling the vaults with notes rather than fictional albums

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Fuck am elvis

Comment

• philouze
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2004

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                                The Roth show was hated on here the only place he actually has fans.. It was lambasted for its wrestling pseudo Japanese bollox. It made the live cd seem popular.

Am a fan of the Dave stuff i was just thinking Dave is filling the vaults with notes rather than fictional albums
                                Maybe The Roth Show is one of those things that will be more appreciated after the fact. Way after the fact. Maybe it just wasn't what we wanted at the time.

Comment

Working...