X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    I think most of you guys are content to go see the band with the current line up. And I was too, for the last two tours. But man I'd have a hard time giving that miserable fuck another 200 bucks or more of my hard earned cash and then sit there knowing he thinks we're all worthless idiots that are lucky to get to see his old and tired routine, dweedlin on his geetar and soaking up the applause as an affirmation that he was right to give that interview and "look - they all still love me!!" I'd like to see Dave one more time, but I don't know about paying to watch TGG go through the motions. Not unless he's loaded and whangin on his strings with a drum stick. That I'd pay to go see.
    As a long term person on these forums I'm a bit surprised that you didn't at least strongly suspect Ed's character failings before this latest interview...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Such anger coming from a Wiki Scholar. Rawaar!

You go, girl.
      You give me such a boner Kristy, are you trying to tell me something? Unfortunately I don't run F1 though, so not really my bag baby...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        As a long term person on these forums I'm a bit surprised that you didn't at least strongly suspect Ed's character failings before this latest interview...
        Well, there was a thing about writing Ed off as being a hopeless drunk. It's another thing with sober Ed being as much of a massive bag of douche as drunk Ed, maybe worse...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Another excerpt from the interview....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What that guy said...

someguy47 • 2 days ago
            "This makes me suspect you do have synesthesia."
            This makes me suspect that you have no idea what you are talking about.
            I wonder if part of the problem with this interview is that the interviewer is a fuckstump even by rock journalist standards.

I think I have synesthesia because whenever I read extracts from this interview I smell shit.
            Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-21-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

He's like Mel Gibson with a guitar at the moment but crucially without even the 'Hey I was drinking, Get Out of Jail Free Card'.
              Well, it could be worse

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Meszcal isn't tequila dude. Two totally different products but commonalty shared that they're made from the agave plant, but only a small percentage of Meszcal is agave where ALL real tequila is agave. A lot of the top tier tequila companies are trying to put Meszcal out of business because it's shit with the worm in it...
                Never said it was tequila. Some mezcal is 100% agave. Tequila is from Jalisco and made from blue agave. The cheaper Tequila like run of the mill Jose Cuervo is cut with white rum. The more expensive stuff is not. Mezcal is distilled from another type of agave plant and is made in various providences. Been going to Mexico my whole life and seen it made. It's more trendy now with more brands and marketing.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-22-2015, 06:03 AM.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's not just here everywhere I look his comments have gone down like a stinking shit Hindenburg.

He's like Mel Gibson with a guitar at the moment but crucially without even the 'Hey I was drinking, Get Out of Jail Free Card'.

It's pretty fucking ironic that he married a woman who claims to be a publicist...
                  Yeah it's not just fan sites lighting up on this... it's all over social media too...

Saw a Facebook post from Mad Anthony's Cafe this morning of the crowd singing Happy Birthday to Mike at The Circle show last night... hundreds of comments and every 3rd post was Happy Birthday, Happy Fathers Day and "Fuck that asshole EVH!!".

Wolfgang posted a Happy Fathers Day message on FB and it had only 11 comments... which I thought odd, but then realized Wolf or whoever he has managing his web stuff probably had to delete 100 comments or more of fans callin his dad an asshole...

I don't see this just fading away any time soon...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Really? Have you not seen me rant about Ed and how much I hate the guy? He's always been a jack off, but to put in print just how big of a dildo he is, well that's taking it to another level.
                    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Jetstream
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Dec 2011

Nah, I just did a quick google search. Apparently Slappy has a Twitter account and there's positive posts there and elsewhere. Its kinda surprising that the guy still draws crowds, smaller ones than VH obviously, but damn if he doesn't have a lot of fans. I wonder if people actually buy his newer records. I mean, the guy puts one out like twice a year or something.
                      Sammy is not into innovation, it is AOR cheese and his songs are sort of like country music now. They all sound the same, which allows him to take the modern country music crap express and release three of them muther's in a year... at the rate he is forming bands (and does not seem to disband them either) he might end up with some record, it seems he is currently in like four bands and he keeps creating new ones like a Jack in the Box lol
                      I got lost in the...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Maybe part of the reason that Ed so thoroughly trashed Mike was in response to Dave's Rolling Stone interview. You take that, add in all the anger from a large portion of the fan base over them not bringing back Mike for this coming tour, mix in about 37,000 comments about how friggin fat Wolfie is (personally I could care less but we gotta make fun of somebody), then sprinkle on all the rants about how the backing vocals are thin and lacking and maybe the result is this interview. At least I sure hope it is cause that means he might see some of this stuff.

Ah, Ed, how's about posing for a few pics without those fake ass 149 buck Same Day Dentures? Without those fake teeth you might be able to fit an entire EVH hi top sneak in your cock sucker.

Comment

• Jetstream
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Dec 2011

Maybe part of the reason that Ed so thoroughly trashed Mike was in response to Dave's Rolling Stone interview. You take that, add in all the anger from a large portion of the fan base over them not bringing back Mike for this coming tour, mix in about 37,000 comments about how friggin fat Wolfie is (personally I could care less but we gotta make fun of somebody), then sprinkle on all the rants about how the backing vocals are thin and lacking and maybe the result is this interview. At least I sure hope it is cause that means he might see some of this stuff.

Ah, Ed, how's about posing for a few pics without those fake ass 149 buck Same Day Dentures? Without those fake teeth you might be able to fit an entire EVH hi top sneak in your cock sucker.
                          I saw a photo from the shoot he did with the Billboard interview and he had his jacket over his head standing on a little box... it was weird and cannot find it on the net now, talk about a strange guy on a soap box
                          I got lost in the...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                            Sammy is not into innovation, it is AOR cheese and his songs are sort of like country music now. They all sound the same, which allows him to take the modern country music crap express and release three of them muther's in a year... at the rate he is forming bands (and does not seem to disband them either) he might end up with some record, it seems he is currently in like four bands and he keeps creating new ones like a Jack in the Box lol
                            Can't argue with your review of his latest albums because honestly I haven't heard any of them. I have seen some of the record covers and yeah he is trying his damnedest to be the California Jimmy Buffet or Hawaiian Jimmy Buffet. Or maybe he's trying to be Juan Valdez now, what with his coffee thing he's got going on. I do still think Standing Hampton was a great record, if you skip the couple love songs on there. Ooh, and I like that song of his Rick Springfield covered. But I really don't know much about his solo stuff.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                              I saw a photo from the shoot he did with the Billboard interview and he had his jacket over his head standing on a little box... it was weird and cannot find it on the net now, talk about a strange guy on a soap box
                              Find it! Then post it here and we'll make fun of it for like 2 hours straight! Did he have his magical geetar in his hands at the same time? Talk about an insecure little baby. Everybody used to think he carried that damn thing around all the time because he was constantly practicing or innovating or coming up with some kind of new black magic geetar wizardry. NO! He carries it around everywhere because it's his security blanket! He's about as mature as a 5 year old little boy who still sucks his thumb and he hides behind that guitar! "Oh, you can't see me, I'm hiding"

Comment

• Jetstream
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Dec 2011

"I'm on my soap box biatch!"

CH9Jgy_UkAAuJw3.jpg

Here is the link it is currently on, to the right of the article

and here is the link to the cover shoot where it can be found, that is probably the most revealing photo of his character ever shown lol
                                Last edited by Jetstream; 06-22-2015, 09:56 AM.
                                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...