X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    I think it's true that Dave doesn't want to be Ed's friend...probably also true that Dave would work for 20 days straight to finish a new cd...Ed would rather putter over it for 18 months...does that make him lazy? Maybe.
    Dave has proven to be truthful 99% of the time when talking about VH affairs, and Edward has proven time and again to be a lying weasel that same percentage.

Regarding the 1985 split, Dave has always said it was because he got fed up with the brothers dragging their feet about recording new music and touring. Now we have EVH admitting that he dislikes touring, all that nonsense in the last 15 years about "I got 10 albums worth of music already recorded" has been proven to be false. Everything Dave has said about Ed and Al's work ethic is true. They are reclusive slugs who dont want to leave the house.

Ed proclaims in 1996 that getting Dave back in the band would be "ripping off the fans" and that "we're not a nostalgia act". And yet he goes out in 2004 and 2007 on purely nostalgic tours, and even the 2012 tour was 90% nostalgia songs. Who's the liar now?

Ed calls Cherone his "musical soulmate" in 1998 and says he's "in the band for life" -- and then promptly fires him in 1999. Who's the liar now?

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Go though all the old Guitar World interviews. Lots of gems in there. "I tune the guitar to itself." "I don't even own a tuner." All kinds of shit.

I know they "misrepresented" their ages when they started out in clubs, but it seems like Ed just kept saying whatever. I understand not giving your secrets away, but damn.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Billboard picked up on the Hagar video

Former Van Halen singer Sammy Hagar has taken issue with some of Eddie Van Halen's statements to Billboard in the magazine's current cover story and has labeled his ex-bandmate "a liar."
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Sammy Hagar: "Fuck you ED, you're a liar"

I agree with Sammy Hagar!

Ed says he had to teach Mike how to play all the VH bass parts!! LOL

Ed also says he has more SOUL as a singer than MIKE!!! LOL

PATHETIC!!!

Former VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar has branded Eddie Van Halen "a liar" after the legendary VH guitarist claimed in an interview that Eddie had to show ex-VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony "how to play all the parts" to the band's classic songs before they would go on tour. Speaking to Billboard.co...

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

I'm so glad I never bought the Tokyo Dome cd and boycotted this tour!

Any REAL fan of this band should never give ED another penny!

Shitting all over Michael Anthony...

He's the goddamn signature sound of the fucking band....

A class act every time he gets interviewed about VH!!

Guess what fucker?!

There is NO Van Halen without MA!

Boycott these pricks!

Anyone who goes to see them live this tour doesn't deserve to own the first 6 albums...

Fuck off!

Comment

• philouze
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

My dear friend, I think you're a little harsh here.
              Huh.. Actually, no you're not.
              I still have my "It Ain't VH Without DLR" shirt. Still wear it too.
              Now our next move would be putting out some "It Ain't VH Without MA" shirts.

PS: Eddie is a CUNT.

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

The first 6 albums would not be GREATNESS without Mikes background vocals!!

It looks like I'm one of the last REAL fans.....

Blindsided by wanting to see Dave....

Hey... I was fkn excited too about ADKOT , cafe Wha? Was great seeing Dave front this legendary band with a new album... Wolf can hold his own no doubt....

Discrediting Mike again and again.. Take him off the first album cover... Now saying he didn't even know his parts and ED claims he can sing better?!??!!!

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!

Van Halen is DONE!

You're done in my book... Sorry Dave...

I ain't supporting this bullshit.... You will NEVER fuck the fans again!!!
                Last edited by WARF; 06-20-2015, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• philouze
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                  You will NEVER fuck the fans again!!!
                  Just as sure as I'll never hump my pillow again.

VH will go on fucking the fans over. Until one of 'em drops dead. (legs)
                  As a matter of fact, I happen to believe this is the LAST tour they'll ever do.
                  And I'm fine with it. I'll never get to see them? Fine. Specially if I have to sit through the terrible Roth/Liberace show.
                  I'm done with them also. I've been since the 2012 tour, to be honest with ya.

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Comment

• AndyChad
                      Groupie
                      • Feb 2004

What really brasses me off is that he is just pissing VH's legacy away; he just can't help himself.

I am the biggest classic VH fan; the first 6 albums were without a doubt amongst the finest out there. They had everything.

But to cut MA out in that way?...wow Ed must hold some pretty big grudges.

I'm no fan of Van Hagar at all, but I've got to say Sam is right here (and I never thought I would say that).

What was it DLR said in his book?..."Ed Van Halen without a guitar in his hand is a pretty crummy person", or words to that effect. Spot on pal.

That interview on billboard is probably the worse advert for the upcoming tour.

Like others have said, I've no interest in this iteration of the band either. Liberace meets Loopy Lou.

I was lucky enough to see them in '78, '79 and at Donnington in '84; thank god for that.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Some of the guys on Sammy's FB page are cracking me up. "I just took ALL the VH off my iPod!" OOOH, that'll show 'em, tough guy!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

So what you're saying is beneath the casual wardrobe, fancy non meth mouth and sensible hair cut, Ed is still a cunt?
                          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            Some of the guys on Sammy's FB page are cracking me up. "I just took ALL the VH off my iPod!" OOOH, that'll show 'em, tough guy!
                            Hit 'em where it hurts, right in the social media.
                            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Fucking ass clown.

Last edited by TJMKID; 06-20-2015, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                                So what you're saying is beneath the casual wardrobe, fancy non meth mouth and sensible hair cut, Ed is still a cunt?
                                Ed gots him some new teef. I bet they glow in the dark.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...