X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
    Will it help tickets sales ? Dave may be laughing his ass off. Job for life etc
    Sometimes... no, many times... you just wonder... Are these bozos just the assholes they appear to be or are they marketing geniuses..?

You decide. Ticket sales are slow. Some press to stir interest with the approaching tour, check. Spout lies and moronic critical statements about current and former band members... Just being a total jackass or stirring the controversy to get fence-sitters™ to think "oh crap, they're gonna split up!! I better go see them one last time."

Jackass by design to spur interest... or just a jackass at heart... Which is it, Ed?
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      Sometimes... no, many times... you just wonder... Are these bozos just the assholes they appear to be or are they marketing geniuses..?

You decide. Ticket sales are slow. Some press to stir interest with the approaching tour, check. Spout lies and moronic critical statements about current and former band members... Just being a total jackass or stirring the controversy to get fence-sitters™ to think "oh crap, they're gonna split up!! I better go see them one last time."

Jackass by design to spur interest... or just a jackass at heart... Which is it, Ed?
      Well, I don't see how this interview is gonna win him any new fans who are gonna rush out and buy tickets. I mean, he's already got the It Ain't Van Halen Without Wolfie crowd sucking his knee caps. So he doesn't need to stroke them. Nah, he's just a miserable fuck, plain and simple. Mike should post a video of him taking a piss on the Tokyo Dome record
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

or stirring the controversy to get fence-sitters™ to think "oh crap, they're gonna split up!! I better go see them one last time."

I had already planned on driving to NoVA to see them on Aug. 29th, so I'm probably not considered one of those fence-sitters™, but this does have me thinking to see them earlier in the tour....

We'll be in Vegas in a few weeks babysitting the grandkids, and VH will be at "Glen Helen Regional Paaaaaaaark" on July 11th. San Bernardino is only 200 miles from Vegas.

I don't know if I'm gonna do it or not... Me being on East Coast time driving 200 miles each way through the desert in the middle of the night might not be the safest thing in the world to do....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

The greatest video Sammy Hagar ever made.

Actually this is the greatest thing Sam ever did!

I LOVE this!!!

"Fuck you Ed, you're a liar!"
          Last edited by WARF; 06-20-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Jetstream
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2011

I think there are two possibilities removed from "I hate this motherfucker and did I mention I despise this motherfucker but I do not hate anyone" as an expression of feeling. Even the sheep that Dave's dogs chase and the cockroaches Kody chases know that controversy sells now and always does get attention for Van Halen. Controversy has become as much about Van Halen as the music, always a lot of Shakespeare going on. So yes, this could all be planned. It baffles the mind how this dysfunctional group could be so clever, but bitchin' is something they do better than anything
            Lastly, we all know Eddie likes to hold a grudge, be it regarding something factual or contrived. I do not think it is out of the realm of possibilities to ask, what the fuck it could be that Anthony might have done years back. Some accusation so fucking bad that even Hagar has never heard about it from his 'brother' Mikey or Edward when he was fucked up. Something that even Dave on coke never brought up. So bad that it is not the high road Anthony is taking but hiding while walking quiet in a sewer ditch. Honestly, one has to start thinking, what did Anthony do real or imagined to Edward... you know that night way back in the early years, when Mikey raped a drunk Edward back in the tour bus lol
            I got lost in the...

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
              The greatest video Sammy Hagar ever made.

Actually this is the greatest thing Sam ever did!

I LOVE this!!!

Yep. I think he'd actually punch Ed in the side of his gray head if he had the chance hahaha

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                I think there are two possibilities removed from "I hate this motherfucker and did I mention I despise this motherfucker but I do not hate anyone" as an expression of feeling. Even the sheep that Dave's dogs chase and the cockroaches Kody chases know that controversy sells now and always does get attention for Van Halen. Controversy has become as much about Van Halen as the music, always a lot of Shakespeare going on. So yes, this could all be planned. It baffles the mind how this dysfunctional group could be so clever, but bitchin' is something they do better than anything
                Lastly, we all know Eddie likes to hold a grudge, be it regarding something factual or contrived. I do not think it is out of the realm of possibilities to ask, what the fuck it could be that Anthony might have done years back. Some accusation so fucking bad that even Hagar has never heard about it from his 'brother' Mikey or Edward when he was fucked up. Something that even Dave on coke never brought up. So bad that it is not the high road Anthony is taking but hiding while walking quiet in a sewer ditch. Honestly, one has to start thinking, what did Anthony do real or imagined to Edward... you know that night way back in the early years, when Mikey raped a drunk Edward back in the tour bus lol
                You wanna know what Mike did? You can listen to Ed bitch about it in that ancient recorded interview floating around. He no likey Mikey cause Mike was making the same amount of bread as he was and Mike didn't write no songs. It's simple as that.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Ed has "more soul" in his voice than Michael Anthony? It's a fuckwell good thing he doesn't listen to his old material so he doesn't have to listen to the "soul" his displayed on "How Many Say I?"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

I'm sorry, but there is no way in the hell Edward Lodewijk Van Halen could formulate anything like this toward ticket sales, just nowhere near his forte.....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      I'm sorry, but there is no way in the hell Edward Lodewijk Van Halen could formulate anything like this toward ticket sales, just nowhere near his forte.....
                      And honestly - does anybody really think some dope is gonna read that and say "Holy shit, I better get my tickets so I can see this play out LIVE on stage!!!" No no no, this is just Ed doing what he does best - dropping trou and taking a big stinky dookie all over everybody that ain't related to him.

I hope his little dog pisses on the rug.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        Ed has "more soul" in his voice than Michael Anthony? It's a fuckwell good thing he doesn't listen to his old material so he doesn't have to listen to the "soul" his displayed on "How Many Say I?"
                        Here, let's review the audio PROOF of Ed's soulful voice. And his scary good songwriting talents. Jesus Christ, this may be the worst piece of shit ever put on tape. Not only is it shit, it's just fucking stupider'n hell!

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

If Ed really wants to make some $$$ he should put him and Hagar in a steel cage for pay per view.

Put a bunch of weapons in there too like CABO WABO bottles, Ed's dentures, Roth's hairpiece, guitars... etc etc...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

If Ed really wants to make some $$$ he should put him and Hagar in a steel cage for pay per view.

Put a bunch of weapons in there too like CABO WABO bottles, Ed's dentures, Roth's hairpiece, guitars... etc etc...
                            No no no, what they should do is have an I Quit caged wrasslin match! Then you and me will toss the bottles and shit over the top. Kinda like when Magnum and Tully went at it!

Magnum TA vs. Tully Blanchard Steel Cage I Quit Match for the United States Heavyweight Championship November 28, 1985

Comment

• Jetstream
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2011

Only if Roth can call the fight with his sumo wrestling buddy... they can play "How Many Say I" as Edward enters the ring and Sam can enter to that horrid ditty he did to the Stallone arm wrestling movie, while Roth goes off on tangents which has nothing to do with the action taking place and they can have Anthony as the ref and he will not say anything on cue as Edward keeps yelling at him how to do his job lol
                              I got lost in the...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

I can see it now...Michael Buffer announcing it...In this corner, wearing the red white and black striped trunks, weighing in at 165 pounds plus some cheap ass dentures, The King of Six Strings and Six Packs, Edward The Liar Van Halennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. And in this corner, wearing the red Sponge Bob shorts or whatever, weighing in at 210 pounds plus that stupid looking shit growing off his chin, The Cabo Cunt himself, Sammy The Salesman Hagarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And now, for the dozens in attendance and the 15 guys or so watching the live stream from Charlotte, North Carolina, ladies and gentlemen....Leeeeeeet's get ready to rumbulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

There, that looks better like that.
                                Last edited by DONNIEP; 06-20-2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...