• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
    Me too.

Thing is, you pick up the sopping wet newspaper from the driveway, wring it out, then read horror stories, both locally and worldwide. Dunno about you, yet it all makes me want to drink and think of a former, if even falsely remembered time.

Yet there is indeed a truth underlying remembrance, IE...things were indeed the same as now, except the thought of them only sees the good.

On one hand, I'd give both nuts to drive a fucked up Delorean to revisit those days in real life. On the other, I'd be terrified of running into an earlier version of my own admittedly completely fucked-up self.
    Not me. I'd love to hang out with 18 year old me!! Oh man, it would be better than hanging out with your best guy friend! Plus I could mentor myself on all the stuff I learned in the past 27 years and then we'd go find Steve Jobs and I'd have him make me a partner and we'd invent all the shit that other companies invented and I could buy my own Whore Island. Then I'd write down every hit song over the past 27 years and rule the music industry. And I'd write every hit movie and rule Hollywood. At the same time I'd push for secession for the states of the Confederacy and then I'd be President of the CSA. And that's just the first year.

Somebody fire up the Delorean - Big D is about to take over the whole damn world!!!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Not me. I'd love to hang out with 18 year old me!! Oh man, it would be better than hanging out with your best guy friend! Plus I could mentor myself on all the stuff I learned in the past 27 years and then we'd go find Steve Jobs and I'd have him make me a partner and we'd invent all the shit that other companies invented and I could buy my own Whore Island. Then I'd write down every hit song over the past 27 years and rule the music industry. And I'd write every hit movie and rule Hollywood. At the same time I'd push for secession for the states of the Confederacy and then I'd be President of the CSA. And that's just the first year.

Somebody fire up the Delorean - Big D is about to take over the whole damn world!!!
      Ya bonehead...do really want to hang with a more smelly, socially questionable version of yerself? Think about it for a moment, do you really believe that a younger version of yourself would be willing to be "mentored", let alone given advice or time by an "older" you?

It's a paradox, forced by time. Sure, we could go back in time. yet make things far worse than they exist now. (Remember that Simpsons episode, where Homer fucked up the present by traveling back in time? At one point, it was pleasantly raining donuts)

Sure, it would be wonderful to right old wrongs...yet the girls you miss, old friendships misfired...how would they accept an adult stranger who vaguely looks like a friend?

Can you appear as you were in that timeline? Or would you appear as you are now...older?

I dunno. Time travel is great, I guess.

I'm just happier with vodka, cable tv and cooking.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Ya bonehead...do really want to hang with a more smelly, socially questionable version of yerself? Think about it for a moment, do you really believe that a younger version of yourself would be willing to be "mentored", let alone given advice or time by an "older" you?

It's a paradox, forced by time. Sure, we could go back in time. yet make things far worse than they exist now. (Remember that Simpsons episode, where Homer fucked up the present by traveling back in time? At one point, it was pleasantly raining donuts)

Sure, it would be wonderful to right old wrongs...yet the girls you miss, old friendships misfired...how would they accept an adult stranger who vaguely looks like a friend?

Can you appear as you were in that timeline? Or would you appear as you are now...older?

I dunno. Time travel is great, I guess.

I'm just happier with vodka, cable tv and cooking.
        Actually, I've thought about this. I always thought how cool it would be for an older me to show up and tell me what to do. And yeah I guess I got the idea from BTTF II. So yeah, young me would probably listen.

And this guy was never "smelly". I've spent a small fortune looking good and being tanned. I never had a "smelly" room. No chick wants to hang out with a smelly guy. I was a teenager in the 80s and everything was about appearances. I learned an important lesson when I was a young teenager:

Pain is temporary

Glory is forever

Chicks dig scars

And as far as would young me like to hang out with old me - are you joking??? Nobody on this planet loves me more than me! You know how some people don't like seeing pictures of themselves, don't like hearing their voice, and hate seeing themselves on video? Not me. I love it. Shallow? You've stepped in deeper puddles. And I don't care. I'm fuckin awesome and even now I'd kill to have a clone of me to hang out with. Jesus Christ - I can't think of anybody else I'd rather hang out with! If I had a clone I'd never be online. I would literally shoot this phone, hand the gun to my clone and let him shoot it and then abuse my work laptop so we could order cool shit. Hell, if all the mirrors in this house could talk back to me, I'd probably never leave except for beer, food, and pussy.

There's another lesson I learned young too:

If you don't think highly of yourself, nobody else will.

And since nothing exceeds like excess - I took that and turned it up to 37. Because 11 is for fags!

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          Actually, I've thought about this. I always thought how cool it would be for an older me to show up and tell me what to do. And yeah I guess I got the idea from BTTF II. So yeah, young me would probably listen.

And this guy was never "smelly". I've spent a small fortune looking good and being tanned. I never had a "smelly" room. No chick wants to hang out with a smelly guy. I was a teenager in the 80s and everything was about appearances. I learned an important lesson when I was a young teenager:

Pain is temporary

Glory is forever

Chicks dig scars

And as far as would young me like to hang out with old me - are you joking??? Nobody on this planet loves me more than me! You know how some people don't like seeing pictures of themselves, don't like hearing their voice, and hate seeing themselves on video? Not me. I love it. Shallow? You've stepped in deeper puddles. And I don't care. I'm fuckin awesome and even now I'd kill to have a clone of me to hang out with. Jesus Christ - I can't think of anybody else I'd rather hang out with! If I had a clone I'd never be online. I would literally shoot this phone, hand the gun to my clone and let him shoot it and then abuse my work laptop so we could order cool shit. Hell, if all the mirrors in this house could talk back to me, I'd probably never leave except for beer, food, and pussy.

There's another lesson I learned young too:

If you don't think highly of yourself, nobody else will.

And since nothing exceeds like excess - I took that and turned it up to 37. Because 11 is for fags!
          Thank you (no joke).

For one of the better discussions I've had in years on the web. Your response was well reasoned as all hell.

That was great! And both of us chowder-heads need to meet up, and consume a pitcher or three at the next Star Trek-Athon Convention. First and second round are on me.

Man, I hope they have a seafood raw bar this year. Last time, all they served was cold cuts.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Thank you (no joke).

For one of the better discussions I've had in years on the web. Your response was well reasoned as all hell.

That was great! And both of us chowder-heads need to meet up, and consume a pitcher or three at the next Star Trek-Athon Convention. First and second round are on me.

Man, I hope they have a seafood raw bar this year. Last time, all they served was cold cuts.
            Dude - as awesome as we are we would have a killer time! I need to take you up on that. And yeah, this thread was a lot of fun lol

Comment

• big fatty
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2004

Eat Em & Smile Band Live this Wednesday with Ralph Saenz.

Comment

Working...