• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Super clean living vegetarian no booze no nothing.
    Part of that likely came from the Zappa association. Dweezil is the same way, used to write about "no drugs, alcohol, or tobacco" in his liner notes.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by twonabomber
      back on track, from Sheehan's Twitter

I have never seen a pic of VH from 07-15 looking as happy as the EEAS band looks here.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Touring with Roth and clean living seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to me
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
          Touring with Roth and clean living seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to me
          Trust me, it really wouldn't be that difficult these days.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
            I have never seen a pic of VH from 07-15 looking as happy as the EEAS band looks here.
            Everybody has convinced themselves that they don't care if Dave and the band getting half way along matters. And what we wound up with was Dave carrying every show over the past 8 years and bitter old cunt Ed twangin away on his ugly ass geetar.

I don't care if the guys in the band are buddies or not. What I want to see is something more than Dave trying to carry the excitement for the entire band. All Ed and Al care about is cashing checks. Wolfie? He may or may not like cashing those checks while he gets fat as shit basically impersonating Mike. Great for him. I like money too.

But that one picture speaks volumes. I heard the same super secret shit about Dave being out of VH. And that news is basically worth about five bucks.

I would prefer Dave being out of this faggity version of VH. I hope he does something, anything, other than take it up the pooper from Ed. I was glad to be there for the opening nite of the "reunion" tour. But it's over and done. And not done well. It's time for Dave to do something other than pretend to be Ed's friend. Fuck that ugly old rotted tooth cunt.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              And what we wound up with was Dave carrying every show over the past 8 years and bitter old cunt Ed twangin away on his ugly ass geetar.

Seriously Donnie?

I fully concur on the lack of excitement with Ed/Al/Wolf, but to say DLR CARRIED all of the shows is an extreme exaggeration. Moreover, if you talk to many, many people who attended those shows, particularly this past tour, DLR was the CLEAR weak link, with EVH actually carrying the show....

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              But that one picture speaks volumes. I heard the same super secret shit about Dave being out of VH. And that news is basically worth about five bucks.

Um, yeah, I mentioned Jay's "no contract" thing for DLR on Twitter last night, and it raised quite the shitstorm....

But I think too many people are automatically tying the fact that DLR currently has no contract with VH to saying that DLR is "out of the band". I think that's way too premature.
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I was thinking the other day, just how fortunate Dave was, to follow his urge to leave Van Halen. I surely didn't want it to end when it did, but now, looking back at the 30 years from Crazy From The Heat, I appreciate all of the chances he took and great music he made so much more. I remember when Vai left him thinking, oh no, Dave's going to go through that Ozzy situation of being in the hunt for a new guitarist every album or so. Well, that should never really be perceived as a bad thing. I think through all of his line up changes, he kept evolving and growing as a song writer in a way he may have been stifled from doing in Van Halen. His involvement in crafting the songs on Your Filthy Little Mouth was much more heavy lifting than sitting in the back of his car with the instrumentals to 1984 blaring, penning the first thoughts that popped into his head and calling it done.

Not sure where I'm going with this, other than to say, if this version of VH should in fact be over, I think I'm ok with that. A follow up to ADKOT may have been great, but never again would I hold my breath for anything coming from the Van Halens.
                Last edited by DLR Bridge; 11-27-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

I'm trying to put myself in Ed/Al's shoes, and what their point of view may be....

They're probably thinking DLR's voice is shot...

After the third tour with DLR since 2007, and while attendance overall was good, they did have to resort to methods they never had to do with DLR such as 2-for-1, Groupon, etc...

Appears DLR doesn't have interest in making new music....

And as Jay said, DLR's contract with VH expired after the tour ended....

And now, there have been a few not-so-subtle 'coincidences' with the SH era, like WVH's tweet of "Right Now", VHND's starting to produce SH-era songs (albeit without Bette), and EVH wanting to refurbish the SH-era Steinberger guitar....

All of those could be exactly just that, coincidences....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Where was this Steinberger thing mentioned?
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Where was this Steinberger thing mentioned?
                      I saw it on the Van Halen Fanatics FB page. Apparently, Ed reached out to the guy who originally set the guitar up for him way back when. He mentioned Ed saying the guitar was an important part of the band's history that the fans deserve to see again. Here we go...

(And that was my 5150th post. Double yikes!)
                      Last edited by DLR Bridge; 11-27-2015, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

The guy is Jeff Babicz, the story is on his FB page....

So I get a call from Eddie Van Halen, who asked me if i'm interested in restoring some of his guitars (of course I said yes!). Here is one of the guitars he sent me: His iconic Steinberger 5150 striped GL2T, serial #3340. I built this guitar for him in November 1985...almost 30 years ago to the day!. When discussing the restoration approach with Eddie, he says "this guitar is as important to the music as the songs themselves...I want to play this guitar again, people want to see this guitar". I will be doing a re-fret, installing vintage EMG pickups, and rebuilding the Steinberger TransTrem tremolo unit for him. Stay tuned, Jeff Babicz http://jeffbabicz.com/steinberger-so...nberger‬

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Just too many 'coincidences'.....

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Who wants to start a rumor about who called the fire marshal?
                              I dunno...Hagar? Ed/Wolfie/Alex?

That would have been interesting to see, even though my expectations for it vocally weren't very high. A shame competence by the venue staff wasn't what it needed to be. I mean, Van Halen can pull off a gig at Café Wha? yet this get-together couldn't be managed by the staff of this club?
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• wiseguy
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                                Could you imagine a new album with those 5 lunatics? Well Tuggle can suck a dick but the original 4 putting out some new music would be epic! Heres hoping...
                                Stay frosty now.
                                Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

Working...