• Mar 2004

Let's dance, y'all..

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by philouze
      Let's dance, y'all..

Hey - I know that guy!! I still can't believe people donated to that site. I guess they thought the money was going to the Goat even though I said I spent it all on beer, lol. I'll never forget drunk Warf calling me one nite and trying to get me to wire money to that dude so he could get his bass out of the pawn shop
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• philouze
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

Goat is a cunt. But what came with that was plain fantastic.

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

I agree the greatest web site ever. No censorship. The total opposite of this place. You can't even say animal names here lol

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by philouze
            Goat is a cunt. But what came with that was plain fantastic.
            The dude is a moron. We had people from Mexico emailing us wanting to hire the guy to wrestle, had people wanting to hire him to play at a fuckin bah mitzvah - no shit, and I don't remember how many emails from people wanting to hire the guy just to play here and there. Warf was talking to some radio station in LA that wanted to interview the guy. It was the weirdest fucking thing.

Anyway, maybe Ed will hire him now that Dave's out of the band hahahahaha!!! I would pay 200 bucks to go see that. The bass solo would be epic, lol.

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

I'd pay to go see Van Goat !

I'll save my money for the EEAS tour, and let fat spammy go back to Van Halen so I can watch everyone cry about it and I can bash the fuck out of Eddie Van Heinekin again.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by wiseguy
                Seriously. Who fucking cares if Dave is in or out of Van Halen anymore. I'm a Roth fan, as long as he's doing what he does best, I'm in.
                you and ilickstuff
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                  I'd pay to go see Van Goat !

I'll save my money for the EEAS tour, and let fat spammy go back to Van Halen so I can watch every cry about it and I can bash the fuck out of Eddie Van Heinekin again.
                  Oh I cannot wait to see Slappy fronting VH again. If that don't drive Ed back to the bottle nothing will. I can't wait to see them doing the fake fag hug every nite. And you just know they'll bring back The 5150 Walk. Oh it's gonna be the best train wreck in history...

Comment

• WARF
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Get the contract out for Bette Midler it's 5150 time!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Angel
                      You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that show was heavily papered.

I was accused of making up the term "papered" over at the Links. .
                      you did that??!?!?! i never heard it before this summer. come up with somethin' cooler next time... "fibrous sheeted"
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                        Get the contract out for Bette Midler it's 5150 time!
                        Here's a little flashback and preview of what's to come. This is hands down my favorite VH performance ever.

I never get tired of watching that. Sam looks like a complete fuckin idiot and he couldn't sing that song if you put a gun to his head. He just can't do it. And Eddie's drunker than Warf on Welfare Check Day. I love me some shit faced drunk Eddie. Now that's entertainment. Not only does he jerk around like Michael J Fox without his meds, you just have no idea what he's gonna play on that electrified geetar of his. If somebody put together a Worst Of DVD from that tour I would pay 100 bucks for it and watch it every single nite. I wish I could set up a big screen right outside Ed's gate and play that on a loop.

Comment

• Jetstream
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          Sorry, I was slightly buzzed when I wrote that, lol. What I meant by carrying the show was the visual aspect of it. I wholeheartedly agree that Dave's vocals sucked on the second tour and were hit or miss on this last one, but much better than the second one.

What I mean is Dave carries the damn show every fucking night he has to get on stage with those guys. And by those guys I mean Wolf and Ed. I'm sure Wolfie is a great guy, probably the only normal one in the entire band. But between him and his cunt daddy - they suck the life out of the room. I think Wolf lays back on purpose, which is actually pretty cool since he doesn't run around screaming "Look at me, I'm in Van Fuckin Halen!!!" which is what I and the rest of us would do. So props to him for being cool. But the damn show sucks ass. And Dave is up there doing anything and everything he can to put on a show. I hate the damn dance floor but I get why he has it - the guy has done everything but light himself on fire to give people a good show.

And as far as the "news" about the contract goes, it's not really a secret. And making the leap from out of the contract to out of the band isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination either. Of course I'll defer to those of us who actually are "in the know" and speak to people close to the band.
                          This would be Dave's future with Van Halen Donnie... in a mad attempt to make the brothers interesting lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxohDs2-UM
                          I got lost in the...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                            This would be Dave's future with Van Halen Donnie... in a mad attempt to make the brothers interesting lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRxohDs2-UM
                            That's about what it would take to make a show with Ed interesting.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Here's a little flashback and preview of what's to come. This is hands down my favorite VH performance ever.

I never get tired of watching that. Sam looks like a complete fuckin idiot and he couldn't sing that song if you put a gun to his head. He just can't do it. And Eddie's drunker than Warf on Welfare Check Day. I love me some shit faced drunk Eddie. Now that's entertainment. Not only does he jerk around like Michael J Fox without his meds, you just have no idea what he's gonna play on that electrified geetar of his. If somebody put together a Worst Of DVD from that tour I would pay 100 bucks for it and watch it every single nite. I wish I could set up a big screen right outside Ed's gate and play that on a loop.
                              Dude this is 2015, if they do announce a reunion we can post that everywhere!

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Yeah, that 2004 tour and those new Van Hagar BOBW tracks were really the nadir of the band.

As bad as Eddie performed the longer the 2007/2008 tour went on, that whole 2004 biz was just sad.

Sad that concerns over a high nightly guarantee trumped any other considerations in the minds of Azoff, Hagar and Alex Van Halen, because Ed wasn't in any condition to go on tour then. Hagar admitted knowing as much throughout the recording process of BOBW leading up to the tour and the tour rehearsals themselves, and despite his claims (which are believable enough) that [Hagar] bailing on the tour once it started would have left him on the hook for stiff financial liabilities, he knew it was going to be a disaster from the get-go.

For whatever misgivings can be said about the Van Halen III album and tour, at least Ed could still play.

Yeah, it's mildly amusing to watch a drunken Eddie fumble around when the viewing takes place for free via the comfort of your own home through a youtube clip. It's substantially less amusing (which I found out firsthand in 2008) when you've paid good money for tickets, dragged yourself to the venue and laid out another $200 on top of the ticket prices for parking, t-shirts, food and drink and get 'treated' to a display of second-rate rock guitar from a guy who can't play properly.

In 2004, seeing those clips was mildly amusing. After seeing a substandard show with ROTH fronting the band four years later, I kinda knew how those 2004 audiences felt - ripped off.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...