ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I knew you would love that post.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Terry
      ...And by the time 1984 rolled around Ed had won every music magazine poll in the world for top rock guitarist and had doubtless read more than a few critiques of the band which flatly stated that Roth was a goofball clown showoff and him fronting the band would always relegate Van Halen to little more than a party rock band with a great guitarist
      Kinda makes me wonder if Dave ever asked Ed, "hey, what's with the NO BOZOS shirt?"

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        Ah, it was understandable that Mike and the VH faggity brothers were talking shit about Dave after the split. It would be kinda like the Panthers making it to the Super Bowl and the quarterback up and quits the day before the game. Dave split and left them high and dry. Of course, Ed couldn't see that his complete refusal to work was one of the main reasons Roth split. But it's kinda like when your old lady runs off and everybody thought y'all were a great couple but the truth was the complete opposite. Most guys look around and say well fuck her, it was all her fault anyway. Typical denial. But in this case Ed and Al had the media up their asses and they took every opportunity to tell everybody just how much Dave sucked and how awesome their new singer was. Which became Ed's pattern thereafter - Gary is my brother! This is the best version of VH!

Then you toss Slappy in the mix, he already didn't like Dave, and so he jumped on the bandwagon with the brothers and Mike. Nothing surprising there.

People forget that Dave was already hinting that he was gonna split before it went down. His whole hot dog or little weenie comments were just that. Bottom line was they were all idiots. These guys had it all and could have dominated rock throughout the 80s and after. But instead they all cried about how the other guy got too much attention and how this guy was a dick. People always say Sammy killed Van Halen. Nah, Ed, Al, Dave, and Mike killed Van Halen.
        It's all Val's fault ...

I was reading the Chrissie Hynde autobiography recently and there's something in there where Eddie is partying with The Pretenders back at their hotel somewhere in Germany:

"We were all hanging around the suite in the hotel when we overheard Eddie on the phone to his wife, saying something that would elevate him in the eyes of the band for its definitive catchphrase content: 'No, I'm not having a good time!'

The band loved that, and it was referred to endlessley from then on. It was always necessary to play down any merriment when a guy called home to an overworked wife dealing with the domestics on her own. 'No, I'm not having a good time!'"
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          The Beatles only had 6 years as well but the crucial difference is that they didn't replace John Lennon with Morris Albert, keep the same name and spend the 1970s churning out cheesy drivel.
          John Lennon sucked cock and I'm glad he died. Fuckin filthy hippie!!
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            The Beatles only had 6 years as well but the crucial difference is that they didn't replace John Lennon with Morris Albert, keep the same name and spend the 1970s churning out cheesy drivel.
            Granted, although I was basically referring to the only lineup of Van Halen that ever mattered to me...plus, McCartney turned out enough cheesy drivel in the 1970s that one would be forgiven for thinking they HAD fired Lennon and replaced him with Morris Albert...
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

John Lennon sucked cock and I'm glad he died. Fuckin filthy hippie!!
              I know you're a humorist, but what an awful thing to say. Save that shit for bedroom jihadists and the like.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                I know you're a humorist, but what an awful thing to say. Save that shit for bedroom jihadists and the like.
                Wow.

I do use humor to poke fun at all the seriousness in the world today. But Lennon was a no talent piece of shit hippie. So fuck him. Fuck him and his no talent wife. The guy was the King Of Hippies and I hate hippies. I hate that stupid Imagine song and I hate John Lennon.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Good to see ya scraps
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Wow.

I do use humor to poke fun at all the seriousness in the world today. But Lennon was a no talent piece of shit hippie. So fuck him. Fuck him and his no talent wife. The guy was the King Of Hippies and I hate hippies. I hate that stupid Imagine song and I hate John Lennon.

You're entitled to dislike all you want, of course. Glad he's dead? Wow.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

You're entitled to dislike all you want, of course. Glad he's dead? Wow.
                      Dude - I didn't kill him.

Lennon is up there with Cobain so far as I'm concerned. Two no talent pieces of shit who did, well, nothing. I hate hippies and I hate their Hippie King. The whole retarded-dope-smoking-drum-circle Klan can all go die for all I care. All they wanted to do is destroy this country and damn if they didn't get their wish.

So fuck every goddamn hippie on this planet and fuck John Lennon's filthy corpse. Stinking hippie piece of shit...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

And one more thing - did your dad get spit on when he came back? Mine did. Twice. So fuck every goddamn hippie on this planet. I hope they all die. All they talk about is bullshit and they do nothing to fix the problems. I hate every goddamn dreadlocked honkie hippie in this country and I'd send them all to French Canada but the French Canadians are too damn smart to take them!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

A side bar discussion about whether or not you think Lennon was talented wasn't my intent. Being glad he was murdered is what I took exception to. I'm aware it wasn't you who killed him. Have a nice weekend Donnie.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

A side bar discussion about whether or not you think Lennon was talented wasn't my intent. Being glad he was murdered is what I took exception to. I'm aware it wasn't you who killed him. Have a nice weekend Donnie.
                            And to you as well. But I didn't say I was glad he was murdered - I said I was happy he was dead. There's a difference.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Dude - I didn't kill him.

Lennon is up there with Cobain so far as I'm concerned. Two no talent pieces of shit who did, well, nothing. I hate hippies and I hate their Hippie King. The whole retarded-dope-smoking-drum-circle Klan can all go die for all I care. All they wanted to do is destroy this country and damn if they didn't get their wish.

So fuck every goddamn hippie on this planet and fuck John Lennon's filthy corpse. Stinking hippie piece of shit...
                                what's a "hippie"?
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...