X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    I've been saying this for a while, but I think they should seriously consider teaming up with another band if they were to tour again....

Now, who would that be? Haven't given it that much thought, but it would have to get through the DLR/EVH/AVH ego machine....
    There can be only one: Winger
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      There can be only one: Winger
      Wow ... Light bulb moment . You have a thing for podgy bass players
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
        Wow ... Light bulb moment . You have a thing for podgy bass players
        Careful, baldy

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

I've been saying this for a while, but I think they should seriously consider teaming up with another band if they were to tour again....

Now, who would that be? Haven't given it that much thought, but it would have to get through the DLR/EVH/AVH ego machine....
          The Sex Pistols will probably be touring at some point in the next year or two, as the 40th anniversary of "Never Mind the Bollocks" is 2017 (Doesn't that make you mortals feel old??)

That would be one HELL of a double bill. (bit of a historical footnote there: Noel Monk's last job before he worked for VH was as the road manager of the Sex Pistols US tour in early 1978)

They could even jam together......

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Lyndon has very little interest in revisiting the pistols no matter how much is on offer, he is well into public image . Again.

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Well, it's not like Johnny ever stays with one lineup for very long in any case, so this version of PiL is probably nearing the expiration date anyway.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Satan
                Well, it's not like Johnny ever stays with one lineup for very long in any case, so this version of PiL is probably nearing the expiration date anyway.
                He had catweasel playing guitar the last two times I seen them. Poor bloke only had two strings on his guitar for some songs.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

About a year ago, I would have pitched a duel bill with AC/DC. Everyone in VH has praised them at some point in time. Now that all of this Axl crap is happening, I take them out of consideration.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

They could always tour with Chickenshit and Extreme just for the comedic value.....

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      About a year ago, I would have pitched a duel bill with AC/DC. Everyone in VH has praised them at some point in time. Now that all of this Axl crap is happening, I take them out of consideration.
                      At this point Van Halen would be support to AC/DC not duel.

Wouldn't make any sense financially anyway...

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Which would be ironic since Van Halen at least has three of their 4 original band members, while Axl/DC is down to just one.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Which would be ironic since Van Halen at least has three of their 4 original band members, while Axl/DC is down to just one.
                          They don't have their original bass player anymore?

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Cliff has been around since Powerage, so that's a long time. But they made 5 albums before him. Mark Evans played on most of the stuff before that, but on their first album, "High Voltage" they didn't really have a permanent bass player yet. Angus & Malcolm's older brother George (who produced the album) played on some of the tracks, and Malcolm played on others.
                            Last edited by Satan; 06-04-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

Cliff has been around since Powerage, so that's a long time. But they made 5 albums before him.
                              They'd made three albums before Powerage ('78), if you don't count the Aussie-only releases: High Voltage, Dirty Deeds and Let There Be Rock.

Just ask Bon Scott, he must be somewhere around in your place.
                              Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 06-04-2016, 08:11 AM.
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                                No way they can just tour for the hell of it. Not in sheds, not the way the last tour sold, and even that was in support of the live album. There's a big drop down from 17,000 seat sheds and arenas, unless they put the stage in the middle of an arena floor and only made seats in front of the stage available. Or even tarp off the upper deck.

I don't even know if I'd be interested in a show where they played Fair Warning in it's entirety, with a shorter set of hits on either end. I doubt they'd cuntsider a tour like that anyways.
                                I was unaware the last tour sold poorly. I knew that tickets in my area were available pretty much up until the day of the show, which wasn't the case in 2008. The played a different venue in 2015 than the one they did in 2008 and 2012, but the capacity was the same. Maybe they were playing secondary markets elsewhere on the 2015 tour. Maybe overall sales were soft in 2015: once I decided I wasn't bothering to go, I stopped paying attention.

About the only thing the band could do that would virtually guarantee good attendances in 20,000 seaters would be to get Anthony back in the group and announce a farewell tour with the CVH lineup. Short of that, I don't really see what they can do with the current lineup they have to reach that goal. A new album by the current band, even if it was a good one, isn't going to get them there. The last album was really about as good as one could have expected (and turned out much better than I expected it to be), and it really didn't expand on their ability in terms of ticket sales or venue sizes.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...