X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jetstream
    If Ed and Al get a new singer, then they are going to have to give the guy a little more control than what they gave Cherone other than being a 'yes' man to Ed's inability to piece a fucking song together to save his life. In other words, he is going to have to be more than just a singer if it's new material for the dysfunctional Van Halen.
    If Ed (or the brothers along with Alex) had put more effort into finding another front man after Sammy quit (or got fired) there might not have been any more reunions with Sammy or Dave but then again who knows how long another singer would have lasted considering Ed's obvious moodiness. At this point I think the best option for VH financially would be one last tour with Hagar and retire or just say fuck it and retire now.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Guns N' Roses have announced more US dates for 2017, they'll be starting at the end of July and continuing through early September. Those shows go on sale Saturday.
      It's a proper World Tour but no Scottish date which I'm actually relieved about as I'm looking at being pressured into at least $500 of tickets and it's not worth it to me.

Still may be added though, only 1 UK date at the moment but plenty of space in the schedule to add more...

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Buffalo is only a couple hours away but I don't think I'd go even if the show was here.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Yeah I have two kids of the age we're they want a family guns and roses trip away ..... it will cost an arm and a leg and a little bit of my soul .
          Ain't seen the band since 88 wonder what they have been up to
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

They were here on the first go round a few months ago. I didn't go. I saw them several times when they were really GNR. Why would I spend a fortune to go see this version?

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Von Halen
              They were here on the first go round a few months ago. I didn't go. I saw them several times when they were really GNR. Why would I spend a fortune to go see this version?
              Did you just copy and paste that from the van Hagar thread

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                Yeah I have two kids of the age we're they want a family guns and roses trip away ..... it will cost an arm and a leg and a little bit of my soul .
                Ain't seen the band since 88 wonder what they have been up to
                I was one of those annoying people who got Appetite the week it came out and so spent most of the following couple of years pointing that out to all their new fans.

Despite that I never actually saw them live. Saw the Slash with Myles Kennedy thing which is maybe close enough.

I'm not into this new development of the kids wanting to go to gigs. Not only is it very expensive, I don't want them there anyway it's adult time.

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  Did you just copy and paste that from the van Hagar thread
                  I thought this was the Van Hagar thread?

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Saw the Slash with Myles Kennedy thing which is maybe close enough.
                    How come you never saw them previously Sesh? They never played there?

I'd much rather see Slash with Kennedy at this point, than see him with Rose. If fact, I'd rather see Alter Bridge than this version of GNR.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

How come you never saw them previously Sesh? They never played there?
                      Not much.

They did a short tour when the album 1st came out with Faster Pussycat which I missed and then just a few festival/stadium shows in England.

The Axl solo GNR act has rolled through once or twice but I didn't want to give him my money for a 3 hour late show with a bunch of mediocrity.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I thought this was the Van Hagar thread?
                        So it's all about facts now

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          I was one of those annoying people who got Appetite the week it came out and so spent most of the following couple of years pointing that out to all their new fans.

Despite that I never actually saw them live. Saw the Slash with Myles Kennedy thing which is maybe close enough.

I'm not into this new development of the kids wanting to go to gigs. Not only is it very expensive, I don't want them there anyway it's adult time.
                          I only caught them at monsters of rock , they were good targets when you had filled ya piss bottle.
                          Guessing missus might kick off if I repeat it this time

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Stadiums no less...
                            I really don't see Van Hagar going on tour as a stadium headline act: Van Halen with Roth can't put enough asses in seats to fill a stadium these days, so it's hard to see where Van Hagar could.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Van Halen were never really a stadium-level headline act in the US to begin with.

Had they went on to do another tour with Roth after the 1984 one, maybe they could have done a series of stadium shows.

I mean, the 1988 Monsters of Rock shows or the US Festival aren't really good yardsticks to argue Van Halen was a stadium-level headline act, because Van Halen was merely headlining the bill of a LOT of other name acts in both cases.

I don't even think if Mike Anthony rejoined and it was a One Last Time CVH tour that the band could sell out stadiums at this point.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                                Van Halen were never really a stadium-level headline act in the US to begin with.

Had they went on to do another tour with Roth after the 1984 one, maybe they could have done a series of stadium shows.

That was one of the reasons why DLR left/quit/got fired...

The VH boys only wanted to do a couple dozen stadium shows in 1985, but Roth didn't like it....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...