X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Not really direct competition, but Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are touring April through August.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Their sound sucks ass.
      It's the audio version of Hardknockz' blurry-ass videos that he'd steal from us!
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Claiming Sam got the '04 VH tour because of the '02 Sam and Dave tour? These guys are idiots.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          Claiming Sam got the '04 VH tour because of the '02 Sam and Dave tour? These guys are idiots.
          Slappy got the call for the 2004 tour because Al needed to pimp his brother for cash and they needed a singer.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Did I say Dave was reuniting with the EEAS band?
            You intimated it....

"We have no idea if they'll be able to pull it off, or to what extent, but we're told Diamond Dave is trying to get the EEAS band back together, and this time it won't be for a one off gig, like the one that got shut down by the fire marshals in Los Angeles."
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              True, I guess the point that I'm making is that post-1984 tour that's the trajectory that VH was on....

The vast majority of us saw VH on the 1984 tour... We saw firsthand what an event (not just a concert) Van Halen coming to town had become by that point....

I had the pleasure of seeing VH in southern California in San Diego that year... They were there for 2 nights over the weekend..... San Diego is a fairly large city, you couldn't go anywhere without people talking about VH.... Downtown, beaches, you name it.....

I just think, if done right (which is a big IF, of course, in hindsight), they could have been hitting that elite level of bands.... IMO their combination of fantastic music and stage shows gave it at least a possibility....
              Absolutely...they could have easily reached that level mid tour in 84...they could have played twice as many shows in each city time permitting...which it wasn't. Proper management could have taken advantage and moved to larger venues quite easily...let alone the follow up year(s)
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

How long do they talk about Clichegar? I'm 20 minutes in, and they are still talking about him. I really can't take much more of this.
                I gotta tell you, even the last interview of Roth I listened to on (I think it was) the Joe Rogan radio show several years back was a bit of an endurance test to get through, much less a couple of podcasters talking about Hagar.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                  Absolutely...they could have easily reached that level mid tour in 84...they could have played twice as many shows in each city time permitting...which it wasn't. Proper management could have taken advantage and moved to larger venues quite easily...let alone the follow up year(s)
                  Oh, of course I'd agree with that, too.

In point of fact, I think the Providence show I saw in 1984 was (If memory serves correctly) one of at least two shows they did in Providence, and they did multiple back to back sold out dates in probably half the venues they played on that tour. They were shit hot in terms of demand on that tour.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Carmine
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Buffalo is only a couple hours away but I don't think I'd go even if the show was here.
                    I did take a look...lower bowl, middle...$95-$250

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Too much.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Buffalo is only a couple hours away but I don't think I'd go even if the show was here.
                        I sure am not!

They're going to be at the now New Era Field or "The Cap" (formerly Rich/Ralph Wilson Stadium). I can only imagine the shitfit Orchard Park will throw if Axl pulls his start-the-show-late antics. And I was never a big fan anyways...

It might be a decent tailgate venue but I'm certain beer sales will be off long before they take the stage...
                        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-13-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Carmine
                          I did take a look...lower bowl, middle...$95-$250
                          Buhuhawhaw!! I might go if you paid me $250 and threw in free food and booze. But that chunk to see those knuckleheads? No thanks!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

AAAAAAAUUUGGGGH!!

God damn KZOK is playing "Right Now" at fucking 7:00 AM

That is too goddamned early for a Van Hagar assault on the ears.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                AAAAAAAUUUGGGGH!!

God damn KZOK is playing "Right Now" at fucking 7:00 AM

That is too goddamned early for a Van Hagar assault on the ears.
                                And you will sing it all day in your head! That's why I stopped waking up to a radio alarm!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
                                Roth Army Icon
                                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...