X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    I used to work for a firm that did estate planning. Just because someone made a lot of money doesn't necessarily mean they hung onto that money. I have seen so many people that should have had nice retirements but unfortunately they got the wrong financial advice or manager or just blew it themselves. You have no idea where anyone is financially until you look at their equity and liabilities and their cash flow.
    Yeah, I mean, I haven't the slightest idea about Eddie's bottom line in terms of his finances. Doubtless plenty of rock stars, star athletes and wealthy entertainers have went broke over the years. I haven't the slightest idea who would get what in terms of Eddie's estate (or what that estate even consists of) if Eddie died tomorrow.

I tend to think Eddie is doing okay based on assumptions of how infrequently the band have been touring over the last ten years - it's not like they're out on the road every year (or even every other year) frantically gigging in order to stay afloat. While I have no idea what percentage of the guarantees Wolfgang got from those three Van Halen tours he played on, I'd have to imagine the guy has some decent money of his own now.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Estimates I've seen usually say he is worth about $85 million.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Wolfgang is estimated to have a net worth of around 10 million, which doesn't sound unreasonable considering he has undertaken 3 successful tours with Van Halen over the last decade.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Wolfgang is estimated to have a net worth of around 10 million, which doesn't sound unreasonable considering he has undertaken 3 successful tours with Van Halen over the last decade.
          Who knows where that figure comes from but let's say it can be inferred Wolfgang made $10 million from touring. Is that net or gross? Then of course it's what he made and not necessarily what he's worth. Wolfgang could have blown it on expensive whores for all we know. We know nothing about the guy. Does he even own a home?
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            let's also not forget that Alex Van Halen is also worth a significant amount of money.
            Even after all the divorces?
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber

Comment

• Etienne
                Commando
                • Aug 2010

A 3 generation burden including his own as a bass player weighs on Wolfgang Van Halen's shoulders. Now he’s an independent artist with his upcoming solo record he will make more than a few bucks.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Just hope Wolfie isn't partying too much this year. He's 27 now, so he's gotta be careful (at least until next year). That list of 27 year old casualties is too long as it is. Of course growing up with Eddie as his dad, he probably knows better anyway.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Wolfgang should name the solo album Howdy Doody Mountain Democracy.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      Who knows where that figure comes from but let's say it can be inferred Wolfgang made $10 million from touring. Is that net or gross? Then of course it's what he made and not necessarily what he's worth. Wolfgang could have blown it on expensive whores for all we know. We know nothing about the guy. Does he even own a home?
                      I'm assuming it's net, for whatever accuracy the online celebrity net worth estimates are.

Even if 10 million was Wolf's gross, he should still have a few to several million bucks left after taxes.

But, for sure, we know nothing about him in terms of does he own his own home, or what his spending habits are.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        I think he's only had a couple, and I believe he has been married to his current wife for quite some time.

Who knows the terms of his divorces, re: did his wives take a lump sum buyout/payoff against attaching future earnings.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Eddie probably made more from his cut on the 'Master Use' license of Jump in Ready Player One than most people here make in a year.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'd be curious to find out how much - artist usually gets 50% so maybe 1/3 (no Mike) of 50% of $500k as it's the lead song in trailers and so on using the original recording?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Etienne

A 3 generation burden including his own as a bass player weighs on Wolfgang Van Halen's shoulders.
                              Plus a 2 generation burden of alcoholism on one side and mad sporadic amounts of eating cakes on the other.

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Val's on the cover of some mag found at the checkout line...doesn't look like she's friends with Jenny Craig any more.

Found the EVH and Val on Letterman clips on YouTube and I thought she looked impossibly skinny. Then I remember reading the Noel Monk book and figured it was coke skinny.

Comment

Working...