Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

One thing I've found is Gibson uses a 24.75 inch scale on their neck designs measured from nut to bridge. Fender uses a 25.5 inch scale, plus it's more prevalent among other manufacturers.

No matter the neck length, each note/string is tuned to the exact same tuning frequency for each of the major notes on a 6 string guitar (E A D G B E)... plus there's no variance in the string diameters geared toward the differing neck lengths. So you are attempting to achieve the exact same frequency of string vibration with all things being the same except for the length of string between the nut and bridge, plus the placement of the frets...

The shorter 24.75 scale length requires a bit more precision and is slightly more difficult to dial in to achieve the correct intonation when adjusting the bridge saddle positions. My experience and ears tell me the 25.5 inch scale is superior in achieving the correct harmonic frequencies than the shorter 24.75. The longer scale lengths give you a slightly wider margin of error in dialing it in perfectly. Probably one reason EVH stuck with Strat necks and the longer scale because of his ear towards harmonics.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I cannot believe you cretins. Could NEVER be the god damn drugs. Nope! Must be the guitar, the "tape sync," bad stage mics, or some such bullshit. Yeah, because these rock stars could never be so drug-fucked out of their F A T skulls to dupe their fans that they are somehow still relevant. It's sad, so sad what your greedy, gullible generation has become.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Combination of factors... It' s because of all the coke that they didn't realize the guitars were out of tune and the tape recorders weren't calibrated.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...