Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halen High
    Commando
    • Jul 2004

No surprise really. This could drop off the charts quicker than VHIII.

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I suppose Sammy is already declaring it Platinum ???
      If its sold more than 5000 copies, watch him kick into
      action
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• fanofdave
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

when it comes to original VH, "DLR" is all you
        need to sum up the once mighty VH. you still
        have to spell out "sammy hagar" to the sheep
        for that name to get any recognition.

....." winners, they come and go.
        legends, they're forever....."

D - L - R

Comment

• RogueHorseman
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fanofdave
          when it comes to original VH, "DLR" is all you
          need to sum up the once mighty VH. you still
          have to spell out "sammy hagar" to the sheep
          for that name to get any recognition.

....." winners, they come and go.
          legends, they're forever....."

D - L - R
          who's sammy hagar?
          <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
            Commando
            • Mar 2003

who's sammy hagar?
            David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..
            "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• whodat
              Groupie
              • Jun 2004

eddie, please come to your riff talented senses and give diamond dave a call. you rekindle the classic moment in time when sex, drugs and rock and roll ruled the planet. you will undoubtley change the whole course of history by one phone call.

Comment

• spmusicplyr
                Foot Soldier
                • May 2004

Yea ALAE is the absolute best.

But we really gotta face it. As much as i like dave, his voice just aint the same anymore. It didnt really hold up too well.
                IT's sad to admit but who knows if he can really crank out a good album anymore.

SOrry to tell the truth. Fuck sam still, but dave isnt so hot himself.
                Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by spmusicplyr
                  Yea ALAE is the absolute best.

But we really gotta face it. As much as i like dave, his voice just aint the same anymore. It didnt really hold up too well.
                  IT's sad to admit but who knows if he can really crank out a good album anymore.

SOrry to tell the truth. Fuck sam still, but dave isnt so hot himself.
                  And fuck you too!

Comment

• spmusicplyr
                    Foot Soldier
                    • May 2004

hmmm i dont know if he could though. you've gotta realize he doesnt have the same voice anymore. He's different. As much as i like him, its hard to say this but all of that smoking took its toll.

i saw him in '03 and as a singer, i can honestly say that he lacks what he once had.

Then i bought all of his solo stuff and downloaded recordings to see when exactily his voice changed. I'd pinpoint the time around 1996-1998. 1994's YFLM was his old voice but not too hot of an album. His voice was different for the Best of..thats for sure. But DLR band was a whole different voice. And his '03 tour showed that his voice really went down. Sure, in Diamond dave he was sitting high notes in Thug pop, but who knows how many times he needed to belt those notes out to get one that sounded good, ya know?

i'm not blindly criticizing. I know about singing.

But also, his live performances weren't always so hot. He really didnt hit a lot of notes live. He would hit different notes, lower notes that fit the song(take a lower 3rd, 5th or 7th, for those of you who know what that means).

And to hit anything high, he really has to open up his throat and push, and they dont sound clean.

Sorry, but you cant deny the truth and that doesnt mean he doesnt kick ass, cause he does. fuck spammy and all of the sheep
                    Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

But also, his live performances weren't always so hot. He really didnt hit a lot of notes live. He would hit different notes, lower notes that fit the song(take a lower 3rd, 5th or 7th, for those of you who know what that means).

And to hit anything high, he really has to open up his throat and push, and they dont sound clean.

Sorry, but you cant deny the truth and that doesnt mean he doesnt kick ass, cause he does. fuck spammy and all of the sheep [/B][/QUOTE

Gonna disagree with ya here, bub. Seen the Diamond One several times live and he sounded GREAT. Got a few solo tour performances on tape as well (audience taped of course) and he sounds in top form. ALL performers sound slightly different live. Your just pushin' the old "DAVE's never had a good voice) BULLSHIT. Sorry, it ain't gonna fly here. Ya don't wanna recognize DAVE as the BRILLIANT performer and ARTIST he is, be prepared to have your opinion challenged.

Comment

• hotdog@ a shake
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2004

I know alot about vocal technique and theory too...who cares?

Dave may not be a techically astounding proficient "singer", but what he lacks in a technical aspect, he gains 10 fold in Heart, Soul, Humor and Attitude, all wrapped up in 1!!!

it's that stinging Personality in his vocal style that makes Dave untouchable. I've had the honor of seeing/hearing Diamond Dave "Live", 4 times over the last 15 years, IMHO, 3 outta 4 Live shows he was dead on Kick ASS!!! the one concert that I felt was a bit ruff (vocally--as much as uninspired performing) was at the Miami arena back in '91.

I'm not blind to that fact that Dave is human and has his bad nite's jus as much as good, but to say that his voice has changed for the worse is subjective to one's ear and not necessarily true as fact!!!

I personally know from lots of people that have seen Roth perform in the last 4 or 5 years and came back to tell me he beat all expectations as a vocalist, much of this unbalanced, nonsensical, bullshit rumor from yours truly Eddie Van Hagar!

anyone who wathced Dave sing at this years Boston pop's 4th of July celebration can easliy admit that vocally he was in top form and had he continued, he would have gotten better as the show progressed!!!

Comment

• hotdog@ a shake
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Mar 2004

I know alot about vocal technique and theory too...who cares?

Dave may not be a technically astounding proficient "singer", but what he lacks in a technical aspect, he gains 10 fold in Heart, Soul, Humor and Attitude, all wrapped up in 1!!!

it's that stinging Personality in his vocal style that makes Dave untouchable. I've had the honor of seeing/hearing Diamond Dave "Live", 4 times over the last 15 years, IMHO, 3 outta 4 Live shows he was dead on Kick ASS!!! the one concert that I felt was a bit ruff (vocally--as much as uninspired performing) was at the Miami arena back in '91.

I'm not blind to that fact that Dave is human and has his bad nite's jus as much as good, but to say that his voice has changed for the worse is subjective to one's ear and not necessarily true as fact!!!

I personally know from lots of people that have seen Roth perform in the last 4 or 5 years and came back to tell me he beat all expectations as a vocalist, much of this unbalanced, nonsensical, bullshit rumor from yours truly Eddie Van Hagar!

anyone who wathced Dave sing at this years Boston pop's 4th of July celebration can easliy admit that vocally he was in top form and had he continued, he would have gotten better as the show progressed!!!

Comment

• Samsonite
                            Head Fluffer
                            • May 2004

This really couldn't have come at a worse time. They are just going to blame it on the downloading of their music...I wish it'd come out earlier...

Comment

Working...