• Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
    Mammoth WVH will be opening for Guns 'N Roses later this summer
    Really?

None of the stuff on the Mammoth album even remotely stacks up to the stuff Guns would be playing onstage. And depending on how long Mammoth's opening slot is, unless it is a short slot and they stick solely to the Mammoth album, they'll have to fill out their set with Van Halen tunes...and I must say if that proves to be the case, Wolfgang with whoever he will have in the touring version of Mammoth playing Van Halen material...it just ain't right.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Southpaw
      Roadie
      • Jan 2009

They are playing 2 dates at Hard Rock Cafe in Atlantic City. I wouldn’t mind seeing that show if I don’t have to remortgage my house to do so. Ticket prices are so outrageous these days I guess I’m getting old and cheap!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        Really?

None of the stuff on the Mammoth album even remotely stacks up to the stuff Guns would be playing onstage. And depending on how long Mammoth's opening slot is, unless it is a short slot and they stick solely to the Mammoth album, they'll have to fill out their set with Van Halen tunes...and I must say if that proves to be the case, Wolfgang with whoever he will have in the touring version of Mammoth playing Van Halen material...it just ain't right.
        I thought WVH said he wouldn't play any Van Halen songs live.

A 30 to 40 minute set would probably cover the album.
        Last edited by twonabomber; 06-01-2021, 11:56 PM.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

8-10 songs will fill an opening slot... There's the Mammoth WVH material plus any additional stuff Wolfgang and his band buddies could cover without venturing anywhere into Van Halen tunes...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Very good and comprehensive article/interview with Wolfgang. A lot of details of the final years of Van Halen the band.

Most interesting piece... Wolfgang inherited control of Ed's images and decision-making rights. Alex controls the band's recordings.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              Very good and comprehensive article/interview with Wolfgang. A lot of details of the final years of Van Halen the band.

Most interesting piece... Wolfgang inherited control of Ed's images and decision-making rights. Alex controls the band's recordings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...YawnOoCBeyQm9k
              That WAS a pretty good article.

Certainly confirmed what one suspected in terms of Wolfgang joining the band in 2006, in that it took Wolfgang joining the band to keep Eddie motivated to do the last 3 tours with Dave and the ADKOT record. Thus, while I - along with everyone else - wanted to see a CVH reunion in 2007 and beyond rather than Van Halen Mach 4, it's doubtful a CVH reunion would have happened anyway. It may have, but maybe not.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• wolfsbane
                Roadie
                • Jan 2005

I don't want to post on this thread because I want it to go away. Which it will in a few years.

Dave took risks in music when he was young. Still is. And he is triple Wolfgang's age.

The only hope for Wolfgang is to be part of a band. Democracy not autocracy.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hmmm Wolfgang is 30... Dave's 65 not 90. Check yer math...

You don't consider it taking risks to compose an album and perform every musical note and vocal..?

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Dave's 65 not 90. Check yer math...
                      6+5 = 11 and 9 in 90 obviously means 9/11. Roth is behind 9/11!!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

That's a round-about trip on the road to nowhere...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                          That WAS a pretty good article.

Certainly confirmed what one suspected in terms of Wolfgang joining the band in 2006, in that it took Wolfgang joining the band to keep Eddie motivated to do the last 3 tours with Dave and the ADKOT record. Thus, while I - along with everyone else - wanted to see a CVH reunion in 2007 and beyond rather than Van Halen Mach 4, it's doubtful a CVH reunion would have happened anyway. It may have, but maybe not.
                          I remember Vallerie saying Ed wanted to retire from touring and it was Wolfgang that motivated Ed and Al to start playing the old stuff and take it on tour. Patrick Bertinelli also said Ed had some problems with substance abuse and is really stubborn. The only person he would listen to was Wolfgang. So maybe getting Ed back on the road and putting him in a situation where he had to be more responsible was a form of rehab. Ed was pretty rough at first. You could tell he fucked himself pretty good but he cleaned up and the last tour with Roth he played great. Sadly all those years of being a heavy smoker got him but at least Ed had a great tour with his son before he went.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Mr Ed... nice solo.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I've listened to the whole album... no duds and none of it feels like filler. At the moment Resolve is my favorite.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

It sounds manufactured, like Ozzy's last few albums...

I lke it though...

Dave taught him all he knows...

It would be better with Dave on vocals...

Comment

Working...