• Show
Clear All
  • Fabulous Shadow

See Rikk, we agree... KUDOS!

Comment

• moose
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

As stated earlier this to me is a solid album, 79' was also the year I saw VH for the first time so lot's of memories everytime I play this disk.

Comment

• Bob_R
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: Van Halen II Revisited

Originally posted by CaboWabo5150
        VH2 is almost as bad as Diver Down. Balance is easily better than both of them.
        Another asshole with an alias from the Links.
        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Fair Warning and VHII have always been in a seesaw battle for my favorite album.

I am starting to think VHII might have the edge nowsdays.

I love the rawness.

Comment

• secrets
            Foot Soldier
            • Apr 2004

VH2 is the first Van Halen album I bought, way back in '86 I think. I loved it then and I love it now. It's probably the most accessible VH album and I don't know if I'd have got into Van Halen in such a big way if I hadn't started with this one.
            Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• bru87tr
              Commando
              • Apr 2004

the first has a special place but I always preferred the sound and flow of II.

its a killer and solid in your face album. a great for sure!!!!!
              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• rustoffa
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

I remember just wearing the eight track tape out in this old truck I had back in the....well a while back.

It was pretty much a primer'd hot rod.....351 Cleveland, aluminum heads, turned down exhaust behind the rear end...a bit loud.

Anyway, I procured a really shitty "power booster" with this hokey fucking big red light on the front that produced a nice buzz that went up and down with the rpm's....like a stereo tachometer.

Anyway, I can still hear "DOA" fading out right before the solo....then the big "cuh-lick" of the eight track deck.

It would then fade back in to that great solo....what a fucking tape.

Comment

• turboblues

VH II was my first Van Halen record and will always be my favorite(as I said in previous posts). Got a lot of good memories of that time. It was also the year that I started playing guitar... What a contrast with this year with the fake VH reunion and me having 2 car accidents (both the cars total loss)..But that's another story!

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

My fondest memory of VHII was when i was a feshman, standing in line in the school store when "Dance the Night Away" came across the radio behind the counter. The varsity cheerleading squad was in line in front of me, and these HOT senior cheerleaders began singging along and dancin' around. Just the thought of those gorgious gals gettin' down brings a smile to my face even now. H O T !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• scottydabodi
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

I think MY favorite VHII memory was once I played in this band that covered "D.O.A." at this bar gig in like 1989 or something, and this guy got on a table(drunk, of course) to "dance", and fell, hence smashing his head wide open on the floor... the gig continued... Ah, the things that make me laugh!
                      If you listen to fools
                      The Mob Rules

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

I think that along with Fair Warning, VHII is Van Halen's most interesting album. I love the way that album captures the vibe of the late 70s metal/hard rock culture that was taking off.

Light Up the Sky is my favourite track. I read an interview with Dimebag Darrell a few years ago in which he said that Eddie's solo in that song is the best metal riff he'd ever heard.

And Dave's vocal treatment of the material is just brilliant. The kind of diversity and imaginative vocal style that VH has lacked since Dave left.
                        Last edited by Halen High; 08-11-2004, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Great post............amazing album. Believe it or not, this is the album that made me a fan for life. I bought the first album and really dug it, but for some reason VHII REALLY hit home. Nowadays I do prefer I(which I rank third behind FW and WACF), but II brings back some of my best memories. If you don't love it, you don't have a pulse.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

And I agree, I do think it's the most diverse VH album.

Comment

• Cato
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I love VHII as much as Queen II!
                              Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cato
                                I love VHII as much as Queen II!
                                QUEEN II is great. What an excellent, under-rated album!!!
                                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...