X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
    Y'know, I DO love ADKOT. But one thing I wasn't crazy about was the sort of slightly-muffled, over-compressed sound of the album. It sounded nothing like the old days. Now, I know it wasn't the old days anymore...but can you imagine how much better that album could've sounded had Ted & Donn returned and the album be recorded completely at 5150? It's a bit sad. I never cared as much as some of the die-hards that Mikey wasn't back. I think Wolfie is a shitty solo artist, but he held his chops on bass and the backing vocals on ADKOT were adequate (though, admittedly, the magic old harmony sound was lost a bit).

If I had a choice between ADKOT (still a VH album I cherish) being produced better or having Mikey back, I would've chosen it being produced better in a heartbeat. Ted & Donn returning would have made it almost a complete reunion.

Hell, this never would've happened, but imagine if they'd produced it back at Sunset Sound with Donn at the boards. That would have been pretty fucking cool.
    Agreed. The sonic quality os a problem. It doesn't breathe. As IS is a monster of a song.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...