• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Like Hagar saying there are no gay men in America?
    Because they're all at his place in Cabo?
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      Because they're all at his place in Cabo?
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Like Hagar saying there are no gay men in America?
        That was an odd statement given the demographics of where he grew up and lived in California which clearly showed his deep-seeded homophobia...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          That was an odd statement given the demographics of where he grew up and lived in California which clearly showed his deep-seeded homophobia...
          Just by that footage, his stupid rants at Farm Aid and his appearance with the rest of the band at the MTV VMA party....Hagar was such a tool and a douchebag I don't see how anyone thought this was a good idea having him replace Dave.

WB execs must have been doing the same blow as Eddie.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Much thanks to Alan for putting this documentary together and fighting to keep it available!! From this fan...Thank You!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
              I remember in 1985 when I heard of the departure of DLR and EVH moving on with Van Hagar. My first thought was that this was all planned by WB. I mean that it was a business decision to split them to make more revenues, to this day I still think it was all a business plan... I may be wrong...I cannot believe these guys could fuck something that was so good, after working all these years to get there. Van Halen is the best fucking band ever, but damn I hate how they treated their fans... And I know they don't fucking owe anyone anything but still...fucking motherfuckers.
              Not sure about that.

In the end WB actually lost revenue. Dave had solo success but it was nowhere near VH and likewise with Van Hagar. 5150 was a big seller however it sold much less than 1984.

The combined sales of both EEAS and 5150 still don't make up the total sales of 1984.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If they had kept working hard they could have got another 4 or 5 albums in before the early 90s grunge thing and they would have made the top 10 of all time. Also its worth remembering this list is fixed now forever and if ADKOT had sold a little better they would have been up at 19.

I had to google George Strait - I'd never heard of him.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Rikk
                  Did he really fucking say that? What a fucking tool.
                  Pretty much - @22:30

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Pretty much - @22:30
                    One of the YouTube comments under the video first congratulated Alan and then said, "Now it's time to do a series on the Sammy albums!" What a sad sack of crap this YouTube commenter must be. Clearly he wasn't paying attention to Alan's obvious (and justified) preferences concerning Van Halen that come through in the film.
                    Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• AlanCBerry
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Jun 2022

Thanks, everyone, for the props and support. Besides my own VH fan-boy reasons, I was so hoping I could make videos that the die-hards, like all of you, would respect and enjoy. I owe a big thanks to everyone in the community for sharing info, videos, etc. Without it, my vids would have sucked.

Rikk, you are 1000% correct, I cannot stand the Hagar VH years, and when I first heard Van Hagar I was like WTF happened to my VH and moved firmly over to Roth's EASM camp.

Something I just learned about Hagar's gay comments was he was saying it to a gay man. Molly Meldrum, the reporter is gay.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by AlanCBerry
                        Something I just learned about Hagar's gay comments was he was saying it to a gay man. Molly Meldrum, the reporter is gay.
                        He was a big deal in Australia, he hosted their Live Aid around the time of the video. Hagar comes across as a small man, not just physically also remember he's 10 years older than the rest of them and should know better.

Comment

• AlanCBerry
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jun 2022

Here is the clip with Molly.

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by AlanCBerry
                            Here is the clip with Molly.
                            Alan, how the hell did you find that?? I've seen lots of random clips of the band over the years (yes, even with Sam) and while I have a vague memory of this particular interview, I have NO memory of Sam saying that.

BUT THE "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH" CLIP WITH THE V.O.A. OUTFIT...FUCKING BRILLIANT!!

What a fucking tool Sammy is. He always has to get those kinds of opinions in there somewhere. I remember when Pearl Jam were taking on Ticketmaster in the mid-1990s, so many people were calling them fools and didn't understand what the big deal was with Ticketmaster. And Sammy was at the head of the line, not giving a shit about ticket fees for his fans and making fun of Pearl Jam. (Thirty years later, look who was right.)
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

He was a big deal in Australia, he hosted their Live Aid around the time of the video. Hagar comes across as a small man, not just physically also remember he's 10 years older than the rest of them and should know better.
                              I remember seeing clips of Live Aid in Australia. (I remember watching Live Aid when it actually happened...I was ten.) I remember watching a re-airing of Live Aid on its 10th anniversary...and there were some cool clips from Australia.

Didn't INXS play the Australian version? I remember enjoying watching their performance in the re-airing.

I remember wondering if Midnight Oil played the Australian Live Aid. They were a great Australian band...and they were at their peak (IMO) from around 1982-1989.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                                Alan, how the hell did you find that?? I've seen lots of random clips of the band over the years (yes, even with Sam) and while I have a vague memory of this particular interview, I have NO memory of Sam saying that.

BUT THE "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH" CLIP WITH THE V.O.A. OUTFIT...FUCKING BRILLIANT!!

What a fucking tool Sammy is. He always has to get those kinds of opinions in there somewhere. I remember when Pearl Jam were taking on Ticketmaster in the mid-1990s, so many people were calling them fools and didn't understand what the big deal was with Ticketmaster. And Sammy was at the head of the line, not giving a shit about ticket fees for his fans and making fun of Pearl Jam. (Thirty years later, look who was right.)
                                Sam is the ultimate douchebag.

He's trying to be cool but comes across as an assclown. Which we've all known for years he is.
                                =V V=
                                ole No.1 The finest
                                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...