• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
    Didn't INXS play the Australian version? I remember enjoying watching their performance in the re-airing.
    They did. The Models, Little River Band, Men At Work, and a lot of other Aussie bands I haven't heard of.

MTV used to air some Molly Meldrum interview show.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by AlanCBerry
      Here is the clip with Molly.
      Where did this go? We could get Sammy "cancelled!"
      Last edited by twonabomber; 09-09-2023, 01:59 AM.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        Where did this go? We could get Sammy "cancelled!"
        God in heaven please oh Jesus!....

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          God in heaven please oh Jesus!....
          You kidding? If a clip was published of Sammy attacking every gay man in America, he would gain a hardcore following of MAGAs and probably increase his Cabo Wabo vacation sales.

I think Sammy (at this point) would actually lose more fans (consider his fanbase) if he came out with a huge pro-LGBTQ statement.

In fact, that's it: Sammy would lose most of his fans if someone hacked his X (Twitter) account and announced that he (Sammy) was coming out of the closet.

THAT is how Sammy gets cancelled. Have him piss off his right-wing fandom.
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You kidding? If a clip was published of Sammy attacking every gay man in America, he would gain a hardcore following of MAGAs and probably increase his Cabo Wabo vacation sales.

I think Sammy (at this point) would actually lose more fans (consider his fanbase) if he came out with a huge pro-LGBTQ statement.

In fact, that's it: Sammy would lose most of his fans if someone hacked his X (Twitter) account and announced that he (Sammy) was coming out of the closet.

THAT is how Sammy gets cancelled. Have him piss off his right-wing fandom.
            Yeah I mean really I wish he were cancelled. Yeah he isn't but sure Sam and whatever he was with is tracking down that and having it deleted....

And the whole "kill gays" thing isn't working well regardless of MAGA, ask Rick DePenis how well it works long term...

Where is DaveFalmma now LOL?

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              Great episode!

I was reminded of the disappointment I felt when this all went down in 85... still as confusing and mind-boggling now as to what, who, etc. as to why. What a fucking train wreck and mess those guys created for themselves and the rock world.
              From what I remember, I do recall being shocked. I think I had read about it first in that Rolling Stone blurb with the picture of Eddie and Valerie and the "twelve years of putting up with [Roth's] bullshit" and that was really the first inkling I had that anything was wrong inside the band.

They had just come off their biggest year with the 1984 album and tour, and the assumption was that they'd do it all again.

The announcement of Hagar coming in to sing for the band wasn't something where I thought "well, that makes sense" because back then I didn't see Hagar as in the same league as Van Halen musically. I did have a high amount of interest in what the band would do with Hagar because back then I was hugely into Eddie's playing, but it was definitely a wait and see attitude.

I would say that regardless of what I thought of all of it, Van Halen with Hagar managed to continue releasing albums that were commercially successful. I think it was after Hagar left in 1996 that the band became the gang that couldn't shoot straight, whereas at least with Hagar the band continued releasing albums and touring with a degree of success. Once Hagar departed in 1996, the Van Halens took full charge and it all REALLY went to shit. Starting with bobbling the fucking no-brainer of doing an album and tour with Roth in the immediate wake of Hagar's departure, opting instead to getting Cherone - who, if anything, was a step down from Hagar - in the band.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Something I just learned about Hagar's gay comments was he was saying it to a gay man. Molly Meldrum, the reporter is gay.
                That reporter may have asked Sam later if there "are no gay men in America, why are you wearing those cloths and why are you showcasing your small penis in them"?

Van HalenWestend MarketplaceDallas, TX1991-12-04Known As: Dallas Free ShowTracklist:00:02 Intro00:38 Poundcake05:59 Judgement Day11:42 There's Only One Way T...
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-10-2023, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• AlanCBerry
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Jun 2022

Van Halen Brothers cover Black Sabbath's War Pig

Eddie Van Halen (RIP) - Guitar and vocals
                  Alex Van Halen - Drums
                  Mark Stone (RIP) - Bass

Special thanks to Jorge from vhvoaboots.jcink.net for uncovering this rare gem.

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Van Halen Brothers cover Black Sabbath's War Pig

Eddie Van Halen (RIP) - Guitar and vocals
                    Alex Van Halen - Drums
                    Mark Stone (RIP) - Bass

Special thanks to Jorge from vhvoaboots.jcink.net for uncovering this rare gem.

Holy shit, Alan!!

I have to say, it's a...very good thing...that they ended up getting a vocalist (Roth).

Alan, you're a class act...you always give cred to whomever originally found a lost clip.

I see tons of YouTube channels that take footage or songs they don't own and then repost them with their own logo permanently embedded in the footage. You don't do that. You post this stuff just to get it out there to fans.
                    Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I want to add, and I'm being honest...not kissing ass...that the VH 1984 documentary is the best music documentary I've seen this year. Maybe in many years.

I remember back in the late 90s/early 00s when a new series emerged called CLASSIC ALBUMS...I was a big fan. I still love the Hendrix ELECTRIC LADYLAND episode and tons of others. (The recent Doors' MORRISON HOTEL episode was also really good.) I was dreaming back then that Van Halen would do an episode on 1984 or the debut album. But this is Van Halen...nothing.

Your documentary is SO thorough. I love documentaries that make me want to dig out the album and listen to it closely again. Not only did I give 1984 a lot of spins these past months but I also dug out my US FESTIVAL Blu-Ray. Watching docs like Alan's make me feel that initial Van Halen joy all over again.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        That reporter may have asked Sam later if there "are no gay men in America, why are you wearing those cloths and why are you showcasing your small penis in them"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEiiu5lfnS4
                        FFS Nick I did not need to see that...

Comment

• AlanCBerry
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jun 2022

Holy shit, Alan!!

I have to say, it's a...very good thing...that they ended up getting a vocalist (Roth).

Alan, you're a class act...you always give cred to whomever originally found a lost clip.

I see tons of YouTube channels that take footage or songs they don't own and then repost them with their own logo permanently embedded in the footage. You don't do that. You post this stuff just to get it out there to fans.
                          Thanks for noticing that. I don't do it with photos, either. (Except if the photographer asks me to.) I don't "own" any of this shit IMO it belongs to the fans. Plus, whoever saw a logo on a photo and thought, "man, I really need to follow VHnutsack234." Ha So I'm not sure what is to be gained by watermarking shit that you don't own. But I will copyright strike someone if they take my edited stuff and claim it as theirs. Like if I drop an interview, clean-up the audio, take out all the "uh's", make a image, etc.

Comment

• AlanCBerry
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jun 2022

I want to add, and I'm being honest...not kissing ass...that the VH 1984 documentary is the best music documentary I've seen this year. Maybe in many years.

I remember back in the late 90s/early 00s when a new series emerged called CLASSIC ALBUMS...I was a big fan. I still love the Hendrix ELECTRIC LADYLAND episode and tons of others. (The recent Doors' MORRISON HOTEL episode was also really good.) I was dreaming back then that Van Halen would do an episode on 1984 or the debut album. But this is Van Halen...nothing.

Your documentary is SO thorough. I love documentaries that make me want to dig out the album and listen to it closely again. Not only did I give 1984 a lot of spins these past months but I also dug out my US FESTIVAL Blu-Ray. Watching docs like Alan's make me feel that initial Van Halen joy all over again.
                            I'll take it bro! lol..It makes up for all the comments from folks who say "nothing new here" or "everyone knows VH broke up on April 1st". haha I truly wished Alex got I'm not trying to rip-off VH but tipping my hat to them.

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Thanks for noticing that. I don't do it with photos, either. (Except if the photographer asks me to.) I don't "own" any of this shit IMO it belongs to the fans. Plus, whoever saw a logo on a photo and thought, "man, I really need to follow VHnutsack234." Ha So I'm not sure what is to be gained by watermarking shit that you don't own. But I will copyright strike someone if they take my edited stuff and claim it as theirs. Like if I drop an interview, clean-up the audio, take out all the "uh's", make a image, etc.
                              I started watermarking my personal VH photo's because of people using them. But of course, in this day and age, the watermarks can be edited out fairly easily. I saw one of my personal pics being used in an ad for Al's '80 Invasion drum set that was being sold. I wrote the dude selling it and told him he could have at least asked my permission. In his defense it wasn't watermarked and he didn't know how to get hold of me or find me. Turns out he's the owner of Modern Drummer and is a cool dude. He told me he'd remove it, but at that point, what was the difference? I thought it was pretty cool to see my personal photo chosen for the ad.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I wonder... was Alex's motivation fear of someone profiting off small snippets of recorded material that doesn't exactly hold much value potential today or more so just wanting to bury the truth of what a mismanaged mess that period represents of his and his family's life choices..?

I've got to figure the cost to have an attorney's office issue the cease and desist... plus the cost to produce this fan inspired hobby project far outweigh the actual value potential of any actual income landing in anyone's bank account. Love and passion are valuable... but it ain't gonna pay no bills or fund a life of lavish...
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...