X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Al is like all of you stay the fuck away from me!
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Maybe Al did escape from that train wreak with his sanity.

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        Val admitted she was worried about running out of money. Her and Ed kept their money separate but both agreed to put a sizable amount into a trust for Wolfgang. With her income not being what it was and donating a large chunk to Wolf’s trust fund Val is always looking for a revenue stream. She’s promoting another cook book. To be honest, I think she’s a good cook and being a good food personality can be lucrative. She needs to stop acting stupid and acting crazy on social media though. Social media is a horrible psychiatrist couch. Especially if you are well known. People share too much.

Which, I mean, I get it...people gotta make a buck one way or another.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Stay in the bunker Al. I’m enjoying seeing Sam vent that you won’t talk to him. Ha! Ha! Oh well. Sam and Sauce travel around reminding all their fat and aging fans they were once in Van Halen.
          Youtube cant distinguish between CVH and Van Hagar so I sometimes get Van Hagar vids in my feed.

Apparently Sam and Sauce have been doing a sit down/unboxing of the Van Hagar remasters. The video thumbnail looks funny as fuck. They look like they live together both of them sitting on the couch. LOL
          Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 11-02-2023, 03:34 PM.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

They look like Ernie and Bert. Ha! Ha!

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

So.....on copyright issues....

My personal experience after I uploaded the video I made of Van Halen's last show.

I certainly expected at least the record label to make some kind of copyright claim.

But....zero.

I uploaded around the same time, a video I created of their show in Nashville in 2012. It DID get copyright dings. The youtube algorithm claimed that one or two songs were from the Live In Japan album, which of course was impossible.

But, even though there was a copyright ding, there was no action taken. No order that I remove it.
              I am sure because I never seek to monetize any concert video I create. It is not my music. I am not going to try to profit off someone else's work.

The thing is, the business matters are going to be generally controlled by Al, Wolfy, and to some extent, Uncle Dave.

Certainly I can assume a decision was made somewhere along the line concerning the video of Van Halen's last show not to ding me at all, as for reasons I have
              outlined elsewhere, it is a document of Rock History, I was never seeking to profit from it, and most of all, it should be available for the fans.

It seems to me when it comes to boots, the Van Halen organization can be fairly lenient.

But then, what do I know?

I am just some fat failed musician living in my Mom's basement, according to Krusty.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-22-2023, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Don't worry mom, we'll fatten her up. But she really loves me for me...

Maybe she releases everything once Wolf dies of a heart attack..

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

He’s probably already in the early stages of heart disease and pre diabetic. If he has high cholesterol and high blood pressure he could drop anytime. He seems to be a depressive personality. He goes back to being a sad case no matter how much success he’s having. In my experience depressives are the hardest to motivate. In fact it)s a minority of people who can make the necessary life changes and stuck with them. It’s way more than dieting.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I doubt Wolf see’s a doctor on a regular basis. Sometimes to insure a tour the insurance company requires checkups for band members.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                        Maybe she releases everything once Wolf dies of a heart attack..
                        Alex holds the controlling interest in the Van Halen catalog not Wolfgang. From what's been stated publicly Wolf only gets a vote representing Edward's interest.

No one has spoken about what legal control passes on when AVH dies... I suspect it goes into a trust for his sons. But I would be real interested to hear who the executor of the trust is. If it goes to AVH's sons they could cash in releasing the mountain of recordings that exist...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Alex holds the controlling interest in the Van Halen catalog not Wolfgang. From what's been stated publicly Wolf only gets a vote representing Edward's interest.

No one has spoken about what legal control passes on when AVH dies... I suspect it goes into a trust for his sons. But I would be real interested to hear who the executor of the trust is. If it goes to AVH's sons they could cash in releasing the mountain of recordings that exist...
                          I hope Al's kids stick to the fat fuck when Al passes!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

Warner Brothers probably owns the music. As far as trusts go there’s only one if one is set up. Unless there is a prenuptial agreement the wife is who inherits the estate. I don’t think there are a ton of unreleased songs.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

5150 was Ed’s property. Clearly Wolfgang controls that. The tapes of riffs in the studio would belong to him. Alex controls the VH brand. EVH Gear is Wolfgang’s. Ed owned the stripes. All Al controls is the legal rights to sell anything tied to the Van Halen image.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                I hope Al's kids stick to the fat fuck when Al passes!
                                Fat Fuck hates his dad’s fans. All you are going to get from him is a Mammoth butt plug.

Comment

Working...