Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I love “Wrapped Around Your Finger”. The best part is the lyrical inversion at the end where he tells her she will be wrapped around his finger.

Comment

• nick500
      Groupie
      • Jul 2019

Originally posted by MasonL
      ADKOT is forgettable in the context of the Original Six Pack. It's still a great great record, but it doesn't even stack up. That's how incredible 78-84 is. But ADKOT is missing one of the key ingredients that made the original work (Mike's voice), and it's missing the off-the-floor vibe that comes through in the sound and makes the early songs endlessly fun. You can't capture that intentionally in a post-production and if you can, it only works one or two times before it runs dry. Because it didn't unfold naturally. And that ties into the awful production which again, pales in comparison to what Templeman did.
      I know what you mean but, that's not really true, because remember starting with Fair Warning Ed starting do a lot of overdubbed solos and guitar work without the rest of the group there. The thing is, if Dave has his way, even the cd's of ADKOT will no longer be made, so he's trying to erase the Van Wolf era from the history books, which is stupid in the Internet age.
      Best bet is to work out a piggyback deal with the Rhino records division of Warner brothers.
      Last edited by nick500; 02-13-2024, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

I wish they would put it back on Spotify. I hate dragging CDs with me everywhere.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Personally, I think this has more to do with leverage, than Dave hating ADKOT. I think he's tired of this entitled fat fuckwad holding up anything to do with the CVH brand. Whether it be vault material. Whether it be old live shows, audio or video. Whether it be anything to do with CVH, period. I think Dave is pissed off that this kid brushes CVH under the rug. I think Dave is pissed off that this kid has built his brand off CVH, yet wants to act like CVH didn't exist. I think Dave feels exactly the same as me. Fuck this entitled fat fuck for hating CVH and CVH fans. Dave doesn't want this motherfucker to gain one red cent off his hard work. Hard work that the Wolf boy blatantly does not appreciate.

It's a shame that so many Van Hagar and CVH fans are willing to give tubby a free pass because of his last name.

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

How many votes are there to get it back on the platforms? It’s just Dave, Al and Wolf voting, isn’t it? Do they have to just be majority vote or does it have to be unanimous? I think Al has more control than people think.

Comment

• Catfish
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Von Halen is very grumpy!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                How many votes are there to get it back on the platforms? It’s just Dave, Al and Wolf voting, isn’t it? Do they have to just be majority vote or does it have to be unanimous? I think Al has more control than people think.
                I think he does but for some reason Alex doesn't want to rock the boat with Bertinelli Inc.

I mean he shouldn't give a fuck but clearly he does. Doesn't want to do anything that Wolf doesn't agree with.

To be honest, Wolf and his mother and uncle are taking advantage of Al in this way.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Totally agree, Von.

And what was that shit remark W aimed at CVH fans a couple of weeks ago, “only twice divorced 54 year old men who only want to hear Panama” supposed to accomplish? I wonder if he’s aware that his shit attitude is keeping me from shopping his inherited guitar line. Hopefully many others, too.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                    I think he does but for some reason Alex doesn't want to rock the boat with Bertinelli Inc.

I mean he shouldn't give a fuck but clearly he does. Doesn't want to do anything that Wolf doesn't agree with.

To be honest, Wolf and his mother and uncle are taking advantage of Al in this way.
                    I'm not sure why you think Al is afraid to rock the Bertinelli boat. Dave stated neither he nor Al are willing to spend the bucks on attorney fees. Per my post above, I wouldn't be surprised if Al doesn't feel the exact same way. He's probably tired of this fat fuck profiting off the CVH brand, while disparaging it.

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Warham
                      Doesn't matter if it has to be unanimous. Dave and Al are on the same page.

I agree. I am pretty sure Al has more control than we know. But he may not have access to 5150. Not sure what kind of legalities would be involved for him to get the material in that vault.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        Totally agree, Von.

And what was that shit remark W aimed at CVH fans a couple of weeks ago, “only twice divorced 54 year old men who only want to hear Panama” supposed to accomplish? I wonder if he’s aware that his shit attitude is keeping me from shopping his inherited guitar line. Hopefully many others, too.
                        I've never been divorced. Widowed, not divorced. And I'm 60, not 54. To be honest, I don't ever want to hear the fat Wolf boy play Panama, or any other CVH song. You are not alone with the guitar line either. I wouldn't buy one of his products if it were the only one left on earth.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          Doesn't matter if it has to be unanimous. Dave and Al are on the same page.

I agree. I am pretty sure Al has more control than we know. But he may not have access to 5150. Not sure what kind of legalities would be involved for him to get the material in that vault.
                          Well if thats the case open the fuckin vaults Al!
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                            Well if thats the case open the fuckin vaults Al!
                            If they won’t spend the money on an attorney to get ADKOT back online, I doubt they will spend the money it would take to get the fat Wolf boy to relinquish what’s in 5150.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Personally, I think this has more to do with leverage, than Dave hating ADKOT. I think he's tired of this entitled fat fuckwad holding up anything to do with the CVH brand. Whether it be vault material. Whether it be old live shows, audio or video. Whether it be anything to do with CVH, period. I think Dave is pissed off that this kid brushes CVH under the rug. I think Dave is pissed off that this kid has built his brand off CVH, yet wants to act like CVH didn't exist. I think Dave feels exactly the same as me. Fuck this entitled fat fuck for hating CVH and CVH fans. Dave doesn't want this motherfucker to gain one red cent off his hard work. Hard work that the Wolf boy blatantly does not appreciate.

It's a shame that so many Van Hagar and CVH fans are willing to give tubby a free pass because of his last name.
                              I suppose it all tracks back to how wonderful (or incredible or whatever superlative word one would use to describe it) Van Halen was as a rock band and Eddie was as a rock guitarist.

Van Halen's first 6 albums...I mean, that stuff keeps on resonating. For me, when I listen to that stuff now it elicits feelings just as strong as they were back in the early 1980s when I was barely a teenager.

Really, those 6 albums with Roth...I mean, those albums ARE Van Halen for me. I don't really give much of a shit what 'Van Halen' did after Roth left in 1985. Even the 2 1996 tracks and the ADKOT album...had that stuff never been released it wouldn't have diminished what the band meant to me one iota.

Eddie Van Halen's kid wasn't even born until...what, a half-decade after his father's best/definitive work was already in the rearview mirror.

I dunno. People still love what Eddie did. I get that. Eddie's gone, so they still want a glimmer. I get that, too. Seeing Eddie's kid fingertap does zero for me in terms of feeling that old CVH magic when he does it. That old CVH magic vanished nearly 40 years ago. It's gone forever.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Terry
                                Seeing Eddie's kid fingertap does zero for me in terms of feeling that old CVH magic when he does it. That old CVH magic vanished nearly 40 years ago. It's gone forever.
                                Watching him do an insipid finger tap run really brings to mind the Frank Sinatra Jr. effect that I once thought Wolf had the power to avoid. Sure, he loves to lambast those who he claims want to hear him only play the likes of Panama (are there really people out there yearning for this?) but even as he’s out “blazing his own trail” as his Dad would want, I feel he’s just yoking together hat tips to the old man, one after the other; from the stylistic mimicking, to using his original Frankenstrat, to using the Fair Warning mini-moog and whatever else 5150 has to offer, to calling his sophomore effort II. Sure he may not be playing Panama, but he’s out and about in the old man’s clothes, just as Frank Jr. was.

Comment

Working...