Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Wolfgang has no originality. That’s why I don’t care about what he says or does. His stuff isn’t even in the same stratosphere as Van Halen (any of it, really).

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
      Von Halen is frightening us all!
      We need to get some of the other old timers here so Von can really put on a show.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        I like you too, Rikk but I think you are putting too much of the blame on Wolfgang and forgetting how disfunctional they were before he ever replaced Anthony. You are letting Ed, Al and Dave off the hook. Mike just went along for the ride. If Van Halen (the corporation) owns the recordings, that doesn’t mean that Wolfgang can just sit on it indefinitely if Al and Dave want it released. I don’t buy him just being able to stifle the other guys indefinitely. I don’t think Dave or Al really care about a 1981 live show being released.
        The one important point you are forgetting, my friend, is that (unlike what some cunt sheep are lying about or claiming) Valerie Jr. would have been the one who inherits Eddie's shares in the band and his percentage owning of the original recordings and votes on band decisions. They do NOT just go to the other guys in the band. A band is a corporation...and a person's shares go to who they are willed to. And there is no way Eddie would have willed that to anyone other than his son. (He gave Valerie Jr. the studio, didn't he?)

It's like Nirvana. They recorded their last song (and one of their best) called YOU KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT a little over two months before Cobain died.

In 2000, Nirvana wanted to release it as part of a box set of unreleased material. But Courtney Love (a shady enough character, but I'm not getting into that now) owned Cobain's shares in the band and would NOT allow the band to release it in a box set. She fought them. It went to court. In the end, they had to give in to her and it eventually got released in a useless Greatest Hits album in 2002 (as the one new song) and made her a LOT of money (big album). When their box set of unreleased material came out finally in 2004, the best song meant for it was NOT in it.

This is the kind of shit that happens when band members die.

Just ask Soundgarden why they haven't been able to finish and release their final album they were working on when Chris Cornell died. His widow owns the rights to his final vocals on the multi-track tapes. And until they make peace with her and she gives her ok, it ain't never gonna happen. (They allegedly made peace last April, but Matt Cameron just said in an interview that they're fighting again and she isn't going to let them finish the album until they give her what she wants.)
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

I can’t blame Wolfgang when they could have done this shit 20 years ago.

The 1996 Best Of was about as lackluster of a greatest hits package as you could imagine despite the two songs with Dave. They didn’t care what fans wanted or else we never would have gotten that sham.

Comment

• Catfish
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            Damn you Warham. I'm trying to get out of here! I LOVE live shows. And I saw the original plenty of times. I want more. I want to be able to sit on my couch and put on a good quality live show, at my leisure! That fat fuck Wolf boy is preventing me from my pleasure! Fortunately the fat fucker does not have the ability to prevent me from pleasuring myself!

The fat fuck Wolf boy is going after US! CVH fan! He thinks we aren't going to retaliate? Fuck that. We are going to hit him right in his fat gut.
            Von Halen, aren't you also cuntcerned with all the Van Hagar era live shows that Wolf is holding hostage? Maybe you can be seen pumping your fist in some of those?

Comment

• Catfish
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

The fat fuck Wolf boy is going after US! CVH fan! He thinks we aren't going to retaliate? Fuck that. We are going to hit him right in his fat gut.
              Fight! FIIIIIIIGHTTTT!!!!!

This is some real Braveheart shit from Von Halen!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Page 8 of this thread is on FIIIYAAAAA!!!!

(Edit: of course this pops up on page 9.)

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I personally would love a release of snippets and song ideas. They could put out a double CD of Ed dicking around with ideas that are no where NEAR close to completion and I’d happily plunk down the green to hear it. Heck, take some of those follow up Cherone songs and strip away the vocals. I’d like to believe that in all of the vault, there are some things to enjoy, even if they are clips that top out at 55 seconds.

I know Ed once mentioned his high school talent show performance was on film. He said people are gonna trip when they see that. If I were Al and I had no intention sitting behind the kit again, I would get on the ball with making a film/video project that enshrines Ed. I find it outrageous (but not surprising) that he’s only made an ill fated attempt at a tribute show or mini-tour and he’s on social media for the sole purpose of wishing Ed a happy birthday and telling him he misses him every October 6th. Come on mother fucker! It’s been almost 3.5 years! Pick up the ball and do something!

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

I think Wolfshit is too busy picking and choosing Ed's unreleased stuff to steal and put on his own crappy albums. Regardless, I'm not a big fan of raiding the vaults for unreleased stuff after someone dies. UNLESS it's of a performance where they knew cameras were present. The thought of digging through someone's stuff--that they chose to keep to themselves--and releasing it for the world to see bothers me. When someone dies do they really want people going through all their old shit? And showing the world, no less? Imma throw all my old shit away before that happens. Like I need someone to see some old note some chick wrote me in high school outing me as a simp, fuck that!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Understandable. My standpoint comes from having heard Ed say for fifteen years that he’s got ten albums worth of music in the can. Ok. Give me one.

And you just reminded me. I’ve got some old letters and shit to throw out.

Comment

• Catfish
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

I recall a shoebox up in my garage filled with old high school letters and pics. I think I'll go home tonight, crack it open, jerk off, and then fire up the BBQ!

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Catfish
                          When someone dies do they really want people going through all their old shit? And showing the world, no less? Imma throw all my old shit away before that happens. Like I need someone to see some old note some chick wrote me in high school outing me as a simp, fuck that!
                          When they dig through my hard drives, they’re going to find several copies of me jizzing on your first ex-wife’s face.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

What a hard moment for CVH fans lately...
                            Ed is dead. Al is retired. Dave is too, somehow, though he still can release a tune now and then, be it a song he made a few years ago with John 5. There's nothing we can expect from the CVH camp, as far as archive releases.
                            And... The Assclown in chief won't call it quits. Arrrrrgh... He has to make himself conspicuous and twist the knife by claiming his share of the pie he only cuntributed to spoil.
                            And... Ed's fucking kid, who triggered Dave's comeback on stage with Ed, eventually proves to be a sneaky little bastard by spitting on diehard fans and somehow CVH, attacking Dave publicly and supporting the Assclown's announced mock-VH tour.
                            There is sure a shitload of stuff to say about all of it, but what a pain in the guts, really.
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                              What a hard moment for CVH fans lately...
                              Ed is dead. Al is retired. Dave is too, somehow, though he still can release a tune now and then, be it a song he made a few years ago with John 5. There's nothing we can expect from the CVH camp, as far as archive releases.
                              And... The Assclown in chief won't call it quits. Arrrrrgh... He has to make himself conspicuous and twist the knife by claiming his share of the pie he only cuntributed to spoil.
                              And... Ed's fucking kid, who triggered Dave's comeback on stage with Ed, eventually proves to be a sneaky little bastard by spitting on diehard fans and somehow CVH, attacking Dave publicly and supporting the Assclown's announced mock-VH tour.
                              There is sure a shitload of stuff to say about all of it, but what a pain in the guts, really.
                              The six pack - bootleg live shows, audio and video help ease the pain.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Catfish
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

When they dig through my hard drives, they’re going to find several copies of me jizzing on your first ex-wife’s face.
                                When they go through Von Halen’s hard drive they will also find picks of him 3rd row at the ‘Balance’ Tour making that gay Van Hagar signal with his hands! And another of you topless twisting your nipples like that creepy guy in The Silence of the Lambs when you were inside the rings at the 2004 Van Hagar reunion!

Don’t act like it didn’t happen!
                                Last edited by Catfish; 02-14-2024, 03:43 PM. Reason: I came up with a stronger insult!

Comment

Working...