X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    I'm thinking I should lighten up even as I'm typing this but the thing about the difficulty is it feels like it's kind of mocking the audience because after playing guitar professionally in a rock band for over 30 years if Dave Grohl can't play that tapping bit already I'm sure he could after spending an afternoon practicing it.

Ok I'm maybe overthinking a joke and a self effacing one at that...
    I didn't get the feeling that it was a pisstake or tongue in cheek or whatever on the part of Grohl or the band toward Eddie Van Halen or Eruption as a hallmark of rock guitar...I mean, that's not the vibe I got from watching the clip. I'm not even a particular fan of Grohl or the Foo Fighters but even so I'd have a hard time believing Grohl would be cynical toward his concert audience...like, to me Grohl comes off like one of those rock stars who actually still believes in "the power of rock and roll, man!"

Then again, if somebody posted a clip taken surreptitiously of Grohl backstage after a show where Grohl was sincerely saying "well, there's another show played and a big pile of money scooped up from my idiot audience" I can't say it'd be all THAT surprising, either.

Maybe ALL of this stuff is being overthought on this thread.

How many times have a I read posts here where various posters point out we have probably spent more time on this site thinking about the band Van Halen than the people who were actually in the band?
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...