AVH Autobiography 'Brothers' Due In October

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twonabomber
    replied
    Watch Sammy show up at one of those. "Hey, Al! I just wanna be friends! TALK TO ME!"

Leave a comment:

• Silexxx
    replied
    "Brothers Book Tour

Alex will be embarking on a three-city book signing tour with appearances in New York, New Jersey and California. Tickets are required to attend each event and ticket purchase includes a copy of Brothers!

October 21 @ 12PM
    Barnes & Noble Fifth Ave
    New York, NY

October 22 @ 6PM
    Books & Greetings
    Northvale, NJ

October 24 @ 8PM
    Live Talks LA @ The Frost Auditorium
    Culver City, CA "

Official website includes news, tour and ticket information, merchandise, newsletters, photos, and links.

Leave a comment:

• ZahZoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Terry

Makes one wonder how much of that 'vault' stuff is mostly Ed diddling around.
    I'm sure there's a lot of just noodling and goofing around recorded... but there's also a lot of rough tracks of full arrangements that never made it to a released song. Ed and whoever he recorded with probably felt none of it was release worthy... but in my opinion Ed's killing floor trash is far better music than 98% of other musicians life's work!

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Originally posted by MasonL
    Sounds like more of the same self-indulgent sustainer nonsense Ed has been dicking around with since the 90’s. Yawn.
    Makes one wonder how much of that 'vault' stuff is mostly Ed diddling around.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Seemed like including 'Ed and Al's last song' or whatever would be a semi-clever marketing hook to induce people to buy the book.

But people in general are savvy enough to realize the music will be put up online for free by somebody in short order, thus those who weren't going to buy the book still won't, and those who were going to buy the book anyway are going to buy the book anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Vinnie Velvet
    replied
    Originally posted by MasonL
    Sounds like more of the same self-indulgent sustainer nonsense Ed has been dicking around with since the 90’s. Yawn.
    Very doubtful thats the last thing they worked on together. Sounds like mid 90s Ed and Al.

Leave a comment:

• MasonL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    Snippet of song in article

Alex Van Halen shared a snippet of 'Unfinished,' his final song written with brother Eddie, in September 2024.

Leave a comment:

• silverfish
    replied
    Eddie and Alex Van Halen's Last Song to Debut in Alex's Audiobook

Alex Van Halen will release the last-ever song he worked on with Eddie Van Halen in the
    audiobook version of his upcoming memoir.

Brothers is set to arrive on Oct. 22, with the spoken-word edition voiced by the drummer
    himself. The track, titled simply “Unfinished,” will feature within his narrative.

Publishers HarperCollins confirmed that “Unfinished” is “the last piece of music they wrote
    together” before Eddie’s death at age 65 in 2020.

Full story at:
    ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-alex-van-halen-unfinished-song/

Leave a comment:

• DLR Bridge
    replied

Part II

Leave a comment:

• DLR Bridge
    replied

Almost feel like this could get taken down, as it comes off like a total spoiler for the book, but needless to say, pretty fascinating to hear a pretty crisp interview from 39 years ago. It’s too bad Rosen never got to speak with the parents. Ed had shut down the book he was working on before it ever happened.

Leave a comment:

• Seshmeister
    replied
    Originally posted by twonabomber

Stern has been such a Hagar shill the last two months, if there's anything in the book that goes after Sammy I can see this interview not happening.
    Has he changed that much I haven't heard him in years? Old Howard would have gone straight to the dirt and conflict.

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    Most likely. Check out that interview I posted if you haven’t. The one guy, Chris Gill said of Harper Collins that they usually like the dirt. I’m inclined to believe there will be at least a few chunks of mud.
    Of course. Dirt sells. If Alex is going to throttle anyone it will be Sammy Hagar for talking shit about Eddie when he was down.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-04-2024, 02:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    How about a sexy female voice?

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Originally posted by Seshmeister
    There will also be an 11 hour audio book
    Depends on what his voice sounds like.

Leave a comment:

Working...