Hagar Tour Bombing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes

Hagar Tour Bombing

VAN HALEN Cancel Carolinas Concerts, Cite 'Scheduling Conflicts' - Aug. 20, 2004

VAN HALEN have canceled their Sept. 12 concert in South Carolina and their Sept. 14 concert in North Carolina, citing scheduling conflicts. A Sept. 15 show in Greenville's Bi-Lo Center remains on the schedule.

Gary Bongiovanni, editor-in-chief of Pollstar, a publication that tracks U.S. concert business, said VAN HALEN has sold well in some markets and not as well as expected in others.

"PRINCE and KENNY CHESNEY have done well — even MADONNA," Bongiovanni said, according to TheState.com. But in general, he said, summer concert sales have been off from 25 percent to 50 percent.

"A rapid spike in gas prices might have triggered something in the American psyche," Bongiovanni said. "People may want to hang on to their money rather than spend $80 (each) for a pair of concert tickets."

-----------------------

Interesting, isn't?

You know what? I have a prediction.

Here is the Tour bus for the next Van Hagar tour. The mighty 5150 Cart

Wolfie doesn't seem excited. Hey Wolfie, tell your dad to rent a car and head to Pasadena, and bring his true and only Rock n' Roll ticket back.

• Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Re: Hagar Tour Bombing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Holmes
    [B]http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth....wsitemID=25989

VAN HALEN Cancel Carolinas Concerts, Cite 'Scheduling Conflicts' - Aug. 20, 2004

VAN HALEN have canceled their Sept. 12 concert in South Carolina and their Sept. 14 concert in North Carolina,

Gary Bongiovanni, editor-in-chief of Pollstar, a publication that tracks U.S. concert business, said VAN HALEN has sold well in some markets and not as well as expected in others.

"PRINCE and KENNY CHESNEY have done well — even MADONNA," "A rapid spike in gas prices might have triggered something in the American psyche," Bongiovanni said. "People may want to hang on to their money rather than spend $80 (each) for a pair of concert tickets."

-----------------------

Interesting, isn't?

You know what? I have a prediction.

Here is the Tour bus for the next Van Hagar tour. The mighty 5150 Cart

[img]http://www.noondayministry.org/images/homeless-cart.jpg[/img

Nice work John!!!!! Lets see, getting their ASS KICKED by the SYMBOL, A HillBilly, and the MOST OVEREXPOSED act in music history......AND its a "reunion" tour!!!!
    I'm suprised that "terrorism" hasn't been used as an "offical" excuse yet. Wait for it folks, its coming!
    PATHETIC!!!!!
    FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!!!! :fucku2:

Comment

• Figs
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Fuck them, they have given their fans the "virtual finger" for years.

This is nice.

Comment

• Hummarstra
        Commando
        • Feb 2004

Here'a story for Ya: I used to be a life guard with Kenny Chesney in '90 in Knoxville TN. Kenny and I worked together one summer at a health club called Court South on Alcoa Hwy. I was more of a happening musician at the time than Kenny. I remember he brought a guitar to work one day and strummed a few tunes and told me he was writing songs with someone in Nashville. He was a very nice guy but my impression of him as a musician was that he was nothing special. That is still what I think today. But, years later he became a huge star and to my disbelief is NOW OUTSELLING VAN HAGAR!!!! It's unfuckingbelievable!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hummarstra
          Here'a story for Ya: I used...and to my disbelief is NOW OUTSELLING VAN HAGAR!!!! It's unfuckingbelievable!!
          great story (even if I don't know who the fuck this kenny chesney guy is)...
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

The hacks at RollingStone.com recently did a article about why summer concerts on the whole were bombing. The main reason was price. With people paying more for gas, food, home heating, higher education, etc. the last shit any self-respecting consumer is going to do is pay an "average" $100 to see a bunch of old drunken "rock stars" slobs embarrass themselves further on a stage.

The other reason was advertising. Been to a concert recently? It's all ads for shit beer, cars and even mortgage loans (what the fuck?) People go to concerts for the entertainment and not the fucking bombardment of Coors Lite billboards plastered on either side of the wings. People go to shows because they want to see the band and the band only for they should be the only fucking visiable shit on the stage. But I guess we now live in a world where greed has over-taken the music. Fuck you, Clear Channel.
            Last edited by Kristy; 08-20-2004, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Wayne L.

VH isn't the only legendary rock band or artist with summer tours bombing since Kiss is going through the same thing on their current tour as well as Ozzfest with this final Black Sabbath reunion tour sadly because real rock & roll of the 70's is on life support in this era of manufactured artist like Ashlee Simpson.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I read where the Ozzfest was doing well with the return of Judas Priest with Halford.

Comment

• Figs
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Ozzfest isn't doing well? I didn't hear about that.

Kiss has been touring over and over since their "farewell tour" years ago and fans like myself are sick of it. Not to mention painting up a couple of substitutes for Ace and Criss.

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

The Warped tour is doing well 'cause kids ain't afraid to spend money.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Ozzfest is doing well, and sold out by me...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                        VH isn't the only legendary rock band or artist with summer tours bombing since Kiss is going through the same thing on their current tour as well as Ozzfest with this final Black Sabbath reunion tour sadly because real rock & roll of the 70's is on life support in this era of manufactured artist like Ashlee Simpson.

Wayne L. is a FAG!

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Likewise, any time you put the original Judas Priest and Black Sabbath on the bill, it's going to do well...considering the musical climate at this point in time, it's really pretty amazing, but Priest and Sabbath have had a LOT of staying power over the years...I've heard nothing about Ozzfest doing poorly.

Now, of course, VAN HALEN could actually have a reunion tour and prove EVERYBODY wrong...if that VAN HALEN band got back together and at the very least toured, it'd be a non-stop sellout from arena to arena within about an hour each and EVERY time...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                            great story (even if I don't know who the fuck this kenny chesney guy is)...
                            The dude was just here at the Ampitheater, out in my back yard....

Soldout crowd, shows ya what hicks are around here for music....

Pretty loud crowd for a country show....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• allanshort
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Feb 2004

Ozzfest has had no problems. Hell how? Priest and Sabbath original line-ups!!! I think Van Hagar charges to much and personally after listening to the Boots I think it's a sad affair in the VH camp right here right now!!

Come on Eddie bring Dave back if only to fuck Al's wife again!

Comment

Working...