1984 Revisited

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meanstreet

If it's a Van Halen album with Dave as the toastmaster general at the helm, it's ALL good...

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Been listening to the six-pack a LOT this week. I want to bump these and maybe get some good discussion. I'm proud of these write-ups I did.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
        Veteran
        • Feb 2005

Re: 1984 Revisited

Originally posted by Rikk
        My favorite moment in the song? Well, my favorite moment in the song is maybe my favorite moment in the entire Van Halen catalogue. Eddie quiets down after his solo and starts picking out the main notes again and Dave fades in with a little mid-range note and then another Dave appears in the right speaker singing some line that after listening for 20 years, I still can't make out. Anyone know what he's actually saying? It sounds to me like "I've heard you like to take me show-oh-ah," etc. (nonsense, but that's all I can hear).
        I clicked on this thread with the intention of asking that very question...I've asked many times...still don't know.

It sounds to me like "These streetwalkers....have nowhere to call home" Hell i dont know!

Great review!!!

Comment

Working...