My favorite Rush song is Subdivisions.

Don't know why, just is.

Comment

• BRANDON
      Roadie
      • May 2004

i just saw rush in montreal about a week ago.they rocked. they played
      tons of old stuff, even played for over three hours.man do they rock,
      alex lifeson was amazing. best show this summer that i seen.

Comment

• Diver Down NJ
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by arastar
        Well, since we're on the Rush thing, yea, I agree that some of their post 85 stuff got a bit weak. BUT, they came out with a couple of stellar albums recently that are worth checking out.

Counterparts - Has them back with some pretty rockin' tunes and losing the keyboards for the most part.
        Test 4 Echo - Does pretty well.
        Vapor Trails - Their newest, gets pretty out there but still keeping with the heavy guitars and less keyboard.

Of their latest, I'd say grab Counterparts and give that one a listen. It's worth it.
        Spot on! People who claim Rush ain't rock anymore haven't been paying attention. They've been kicking ass (again) since about '94.

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

First of all, Alex is the most underrated guitar player ever. He was also the only popular guitar player (I used the word popular here to denote non-jazz or prog nerd players) to be in the same league as Ed when Ed hit the world stage.

Second, I saw Rush and Van Hagar within two weeks of each other this summer and Rush destroyed Hagar. With a good setlist Van Halen could challenge, but set for set Rush killed.
          gnaw on it

Comment

• badhorsie

Subdivisions does kick ass and Rush has put out more Rock Themed albums since the late 80's mid 90's but come one. Alex does not play frantic style solos anymore or anything that makes you say "wow". He stopped being a guitar hero years and years ago.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I'm VERY sad to say the only post "Signals" album I've purchased is "Presto"...........B-A-D bad..........wow that album is shit...........

Comment

• ClubDave
                Roadie
                • Aug 2004

van hagar sucks.........god, it feels so good to say it, everyone take a deep breath and say it with me VAN HAGAR FUCKING SUCKS

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by ClubDave
                  van hagar sucks.........god, it feels so good to say it, everyone take a deep breath and say it with me VAN HAGAR FUCKING SUCKS
                  Come on man, stop being so complimentary to them. This IS a Roth message board after all!

Comment

• ClubDave
                    Roadie
                    • Aug 2004

i think you have a point there......maybe we are going a little light on the bastards......ill have to devise a new way to insult their fat, drunk asses

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by badhorsie
                      Subdivisions does kick ass and Rush has put out more Rock Themed albums since the late 80's mid 90's but come one. Alex does not play frantic style solos anymore or anything that makes you say "wow". He stopped being a guitar hero years and years ago.
                      Don't believe he was ever really trying to be. He's always struck me as someone who is more concerned with what's appropriate for the song, as opposed to throwing in licks whenever possible.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Maybe that guy he assulted in Florida was a Van Hagar fan...
                        LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

Signals is a masterpiece but it was all down hill from there.

I wonder why Lifeson is so underrated. When you ask who is the best bassist or drummer people always say Geddy Lee and Neil Peart, but few people mention Lifeson when talking about guitar players. As good as he is, perhaps Lifeson is overshaddowed by the talent of Geddy Lee and Neil Peart.

Of course we should have known the end of Rush was approaching when they started putting pictures of naked men on their album covers.
                          "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• freak
                            Sniper
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by Reverberator
                            Why does Alex get overlooked all the time ? I play and I love to play Rush coz Alex is fuckin superb .

So again why is he always overlooked as a guitarist?

Look at 'your top 3 guitarists' thread , there's only me who voted for him, thats just not cricket old chap .
                            No idea why. La Villa Stangiato, for example, is a vivid example of how good he is.

In my opinion, Geddy Lee doesn't get near enough cred as a bassist, either.

Comment

• freak
                              Sniper
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                              First of all, Alex is the most underrated guitar player ever. He was also the only popular guitar player (I used the word popular here to denote non-jazz or prog nerd players) to be in the same league as Ed when Ed hit the world stage.

Second, I saw Rush and Van Hagar within two weeks of each other this summer and Rush destroyed Hagar. With a good setlist Van Halen could challenge, but set for set Rush killed.
                              Set list wouldn't really matter.

Rush: Three virtuosos that have strong chemestry that goes back before a lot of people posting here were even born.

Van Halen: One dysfunctional and failing virtuoso. One marginally effective drummer, a mediocre bassist who's real contribution is backup vocals,,,And a chubby fashion disaster with the charisma of week old roadkill behind the mike who ocasionally pretends to be a guitar player too. Chemestry? Picture the Springer Show with a Marshall stack.

Verdict: Rush would blow them away if they walked out and did Hanson covers.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BRANDON
                                i just saw rush in montreal about a week ago.they rocked. they played
                                tons of old stuff, even played for over three hours.man do they rock,
                                alex lifeson was amazing. best show this summer that i seen.
                                I was at that show too - sat in the reds - section 116 at the Bell center and they absolutely f'n rocked the house.

Best show this summer?
                                Rush was the best show to hit Montreal in the past 5 years!
                                Tight band, 3 1/2 hour show, and they played EVERYTHING in their repetoire.

Geddy Lee may be one ugly mofo, but the man has not lost anything vocally.

Tremendous band.
                                Period.
                                http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

Working...