How many of you actually have seen Van Halen live?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NATEDOG001976
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

I have. Hoooah.
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• mohican
      Head Fluffer
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
      Agree.

Don't get me wrong, I kinda like some Bon Jovi for what it is. Chick & radio friendly pop rock. Catchy tunes & all, good looking guys fronting the band, million dollar smiles, etc... I don't begrudge Bon Jovi any of the success they have received.

But in no universe should their supporting act be the mighty Van Halen. (luckily for us it was NOT VH that opened, but Van Hagar. I just wish next time Jon Bon Jovi mentions it that someone reminds him of that very important fact)

Sorry to correct you Mr Bon Jovi, but Van Halen never opened for your band. It was Van HAGAR.

Would love to see his expression.

I hear ya. They seem like a group of nice guys. They stuck together as a band and kept playing music. They took breaks in between and rejoined. If only VH have done that.

Dave, is that your girlfriend?

Comment

• mohican
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by indeedido
        I've never heard of VH ever opening for Bon Jovi. In '95? VH was still going strong even w/ Hagar, why would they have done that??
        It was at Wembley. Not sure for how many nights at Wembley or were there other European cities. This was part of the Balance tour's european leg. They were supporting act for bon jovi even though they were introduced as special guests.

This is from wiki ... It's probably accurate:

"These Days Tour 1995, Van Halen opened for Bon Jovi on twenty of the European dates during the second leg promoting their album Balance. On this tour the band played in the DVD Live From London at one of the three Wembley gigs. The band played 126 shows in 35 different "

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

July 24, 1982 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum, Biloxi, MS. Opening band was After the Fire.

November 28, 1982 at the Mobile Civic Center, Mobile, AL. Opening band may have been called Chuck Wagon (?)

January 22, 1984. Lakeland Civic Center, Lakeland, FL. The first date of the 1984 tour, I believe. Autograph opened.

January 28, 1984 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum, Biloxi, MS. Again Autograph.

I also saw Van Hagar a few times but we won't discuss that here.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Green Manalishi
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2010

Fair Warning tour - Sunday Night , October 18th. , 1981 - The Checkerdome - St. Louis - warmup band : G- Force

Diver Down tour - Friday Night , August 6th. , 1982 - The Checkerdome - St. Louis - warmup band : After The Fire

1984 tour - Tuesday Night , June 26th . , 1984 - The St. Louis Arena - warmup band : The Velcroes

1984 tour - Wednesday Night , June 27th. , 1984 - The St. Louis Arena - warmup band : The Velcroes

I saw Van Hagar a number of times as well as solo Dave in the '80's , '90's , and in the last 10 years as well .

Reunion tour - April , 2008 - Savvis Center - St. Louis - this show was cancelled and

re-scheduled at least twice starting in 2007 - no opening band .

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

All of which are included in the "This Day in CVH/DLR History" calendar.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                Fair Warning tour - Sunday Night , October 18th. , 1981 - The Checkerdome - St. Louis - warmup band : G- Force

Diver Down tour - Friday Night , August 6th. , 1982 - The Checkerdome - St. Louis - warmup band : After The Fire

1984 tour - Tuesday Night , June 26th . , 1984 - The St. Louis Arena - warmup band : The Velcroes

1984 tour - Wednesday Night , June 27th. , 1984 - The St. Louis Arena - warmup band : The Velcroes.
                Nice!
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Heater
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mohican
                  I hear ya. They seem like a group of nice guys. They stuck together as a band and kept playing music. They took breaks in between and rejoined. If only VH have done that.

Dave, is that your girlfriend?

Dave looks SOOOO happy, I bet Bon Jovi opened that night, too. Opened Dave's pudding pack. Nice combover too. It wasn't VH in '95, and it wasn't in '07 and it ain't now!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Heater
                    Dave looks SOOOO happy, I bet Bon Jovi opened that night, too. Opened Dave's pudding pack. Nice combover too. It wasn't VH in '95, and it wasn't in '07 and it ain't now!
                    Sorry dickford. You have the wrong thread. Go over to House of Music and open up an "I saw Right Said Fred" page. You can stay there all day and play with yourself.
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Lol Heater thinks Dave is gay. So when we all like tell him...ok since Heater thinks he is...we all at the David Army say he is....will he shut the fuck up? Then we can all gang bang heater in the butt...and his fantasy world will be complete!

Heater....Dave is Gay....so is all of the military...so come out of the closet and let us fuck you up the butt ok?

Heater it will be ok.....honest...lube for you.

Now as my dick that you suck now taste's like your ass.....are we kewl yet?

I mean...you will keep talking as I pump me meat into your mouth.....and will be waiting for your wife to scream to me "Fuck him in the ass"....but it is just between you and me bud.

Lick it and let me Stick it to you.....my cock is a ragin' for your ass and mouth.

Heater says thus:
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Lol the fuck is online and it is too slow.

Heater come crawl out from the closet...we all know you are Gay.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                          Women & Children First 1980
                          ,Fair Warning 1981( managed to fight my way to front row in front of EVH ,killer)
                          ,Diver Down 1982,
                          And the "1984" tour . All were at Maple Leaf Gardens (R.I.P.).....
                          Ahh the good 'ol days .........
                          Update: Reunion tour x3
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                            Lol Heater thinks Dave is gay. So when we all like tell him...ok since Heater thinks he is...we all at the David Army say he is....will he shut the fuck up? Then we can all gang bang heater in the butt...and his fantasy world will be complete!

Heater....Dave is Gay....so is all of the military...so come out of the closet and let us fuck you up the butt ok?

Heater it will be ok.....honest...lube for you.

Now as my dick that you suck now taste's like your ass.....are we kewl yet?

I mean...you will keep talking as I pump me meat into your mouth.....and will be waiting for your wife to scream to me "Fuck him in the ass"....but it is just between you and me bud.

Lick it and let me Stick it to you.....my cock is a ragin' for your ass and mouth.

Heater says thus:
                            I find your post very disturbing...
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by mohican
                              That quote was painful to read even knowing the fact. It was in Europe but still, how badly did vhagar need the money? No way would vh with Dave be reduced to opening for bon jovi which I thought would be a one-album kind of band. Was I wrong. They have become the most successful American band. VH should've been in that spot.
                              God, believe me when I say I hate Van Hagar - I hate Van Hagar, but ... I saw them twice in 93-ish (touring that live album they had out) in England, at Birminham NEC and Wembley Arena. Those were big sold-out gigs, and they probably did a couple of nights at each venue. Van Halen were a gold record status band in the UK, which is fine - but back then you wouldn't expect to play bigger stages than those kind of arenas (12-15,000 capacity).

So, why in the UK two years later were they opening for Bon Jovi? According to Spammy's book, it was Ray Danniels' doing. It was for the cash in the sense that VH wouldn't have to shoulder a lot of the touring costs; so they thought they'd reach more fans - wrong! A total betrayal of the legacy of the name Van Halen. Would never have happened with DLR in charge.

Hagar's account is actually quite interesting - total disaster as he describes it. Bon Jovi's younger UK audience did not have a clue who this opening act was ... until they played (i.e., Hagar mangled) 'Jump'.

Interestingly, even Spammy was against it at the time, but was out-voted by the sisters. (By this time MA had no say).
                              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

A Devil finds it oddly ironic that a thread started by a foot sniffing troll way back in 2004 keeps rising from the dead like a zombie, and still draws in current trolls like Bleater.

Happy HELLoween y'all!
                                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...