• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Switch84
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

She's right, y'all!

Originally posted by lms2
    I respectfully disagree. I don't think Ed holds a grudge quite as long as Al.
    It's all Al, people! Don't forget he has the 'big brother' bullying factor going on, too. How many folks have caved in to the older sibling hierachy? Especially if you're weak-minded, anyway! In CFTH, Davy Baby was talking about a conversation he had with Ed and Ed mentioned he was 'jealous' of Dave because he could do what he WANTED to do. I'm paraphrasing, but Ed said something like "I'm working for MY BROTHER, the record company, and my manager."

Al is definitely the pimp, and Ed's the 'ho in this relationship. Al's the one holding up a true reunion.

I was surprised that he didn't jump on the chance to dog Davy Baby in that Atlanta interview, too! I was waiting for it (just so I can fire off some more bitchy emails, LOL). Maybe he sensed that Hotlanta is a ROTH TOWN!

NUTHIN BUT YEAH!
    Last edited by Switch84; 09-18-2004, 03:00 PM.
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Keeyth
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by freak
      The only member of that band who said anything worth listening to quit years ago.

Have you ever caught yourself thinking "What would Tommy Lee think of this?" or "I wonder what Charlie Watt's take on any given situation would be?"

The answer is "No." Why? They're drummers, that's why.

The hierarchy goes like this

Singer
      Guitarist
      Bassist
      Drummer
      The fag playing keyboards (if applicable).

They are near the bottom of the food/interest chain. (I do exempt Neal Peart from this, though)

Anyone who's job is beating on shit with two pieces of wood is not entitled to an opinion.

Nuff said.
      Hey, FUCK YOU moron... ...I am a drummer!

I also play guitar and Bass too, but I'm a drummer first, and in my band I also wrote all the lyrics to the songs (just like Neil Peart does. He plays drums better than me, but I like my lyrics better! )

Anyhow, it is different in every band. In Motley Crue, it's the bassist first, and I would have to say Tommy would be a close second IMO.
      Regardless, Al is a prick, but don't go hating all (drum) players just because of him!!

NOW it's Nuff said...
      Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

POJ', I think the situation may be a little different now.

Since Ed seems to be very emotionally unstable these days (what's with breaking down during his guitar solo every night??!), my guess is that Alex has taken over somewhat in the 'control department'.

While everyone knows "Eddie did it" as far as 1996 goes, but what about now?
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Switch84
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

LMAO!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

Since Ed seems to be very emotionally unstable these days (what's with breaking down during his guitar solo every night??!)

Oh, my GOD! Could you imagine if Davy Baby WAS fronting this band now what his reaction would be to this crying shit? I could almost see Dave grabbing Ed by the shoulders, shaking him and screaming, "What's with this crying shit? SNAP OUT OF IT, EDWOOD, AND GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!!!"

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!
          "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
          Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• freak
            Sniper
            • May 2004

Switch, I think Ed's crying because he suddenly realizes that this isn't a stadium, all the groupies have facial hair, his dentures are loose and the shit keeps getting worse.

He's crying because the fat guy in capri pants he picked *again* to front the band has made an ass of himself and is missing all the high notes.

He's crying because Al is sitting up ramrod straight and not moving his head for fear his neck will collapse, his head will tilt and those silly-assed Raybans will come off.

He's crying because Mike keeps making those weird puffed up faces and looks like one of those Macy's Day baloon things.

He's crying because he knows things would have been much different had he said no to Cherone and did the right thing a decade ago.

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Switch84
              It's all Al, people! Don't forget he has the 'big brother' bullying factor going on, too. How many folks have caved in to the older sibling hierachy? Especially if you're weak-minded, anyway!
              I always got this impression, even before the breakup. Al does most of the talking and even though Ed is the talent he seems a little weak minded and reserved. Hey, who knows for sure anyway...

Comment

Working...