X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

I just e-mailed Favazz about this, asked if something official was going on the website or, if not, to e-mail me back if it's bullshit...it seems pretty repubtable to me, if it's an interview coming directly from Hagar and was done over the air...either way, if I get a response from him, I'll put it in the sticky'ed thread above...
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The quotes get better...

This one is SCREAMING out setup to me. I bet the Rothtards coordinated an effort. Sad.

DLR fan. Pretty much proves the validity of this interview.

Lets hope this is misinformation and misunderstanding on all of our parts...

SURE!!
      NOT A CHANCE OF ANY OF THIS BEING TRUE. If Sam said these things on the radio today (Which I believe that this may be an old interview if their actually was one?) They would have already cancelled the concert for tomorrow and all the following dates. The crew is already in Portland. No way Ed and Al would get on the stage with Sam ever again. Not to mention Sam would be liable for the money from the remaining shows. Sam is a smart guy there is no way that he would sabotage his own income and reputation

Put up the proof.

Sounds like the RedHeads Don't like Van Halen Much from the Boo's that they gave out when Sammy played VH songs in Cabo.

It's unbelievable how people love to shit on the Van Halen Parade. You guys haven't learned in the past to get the proof before you post this shit.

My God, all you people are completely off your fucking rockers. Sammy goes off all the time. Why the fuck are you all taking this so seriously? Sammy will never give up this gig. He's a money hungry cunt and this is his way of making waves. Yeah, he prefers the Wabarita's!?! Sammy, shut the FUCK UP!!! You have a bigger mouth than DLR.

Poor Rikk gets assaulted...

Keep crossing your legs little girl. ROTH ain't ever working with Ed & Al again!! Go back to your rothtard forum and play in your little kindergarten pen you little unibrow faggot!!!

This is a load of BS. I will believe it when I actually hear Sammy say it.

Poor Eddie. Half a year on the road and his frontman gets LSD again. What a misfortune!

Maybe this "interview" occurred right after Sam camne off the stage with the Wabos, had a good buzz going and just got carried away.
      If it were THAT bad in VH would Mike go to Cabo as well and then that would show where his loyalties are?
      But I think that if Sam leaves VH again, Mike is a goner as well because Ed will fire him.

LOL
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Typical Van Hagar fan this morning:

Comment

• David Lee Roth

The real party is just around the corner folks!

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. I just love how Links'er Hagar faghags can just ignore the fact that several people actually HEARD the damn thing from Hagar's own words and can write it off as Hagar "Being excited about a good Waborita vibe"...and "This is just Sammy's way of making waves!"...

The funniest part is where the rest of the tour would be cancelled if Hagar made comments like that, the remainder of the shows cancelled and Hagar would be responsible for the costs of the blown revenue on his own...oh fucking please...the WHOLE BAND would be responsible, which is why they WOULDN'T do it...VERY VERY RARELY does a band member ever quit in the middle of a tour, unless it's ABSOLUTELY unavoidable, for that very reason.

Besides, Hagar's out would be that Ed & Co. fired him in the middle of the tour, so he wouldn't be responsible for any incurred costs of no showing the remaining dates...all that gets into contractual things, and I don't really have any liberty to discuss it since I'm not privy to Van Halen business workings and don't know what Hagar's contract looks like at all. However, best guess says that they've all covered their asses on that sort of contigency. Case in point, look at how dismal Black Sabbath was doing in 1978/1979 with Ozzy...they played all of their scheduled shows, and by watching the "Never Say Die" video, short of any musical misgivings, you wouldn't think there was a thing wrong between the four of them and the tour wasn't in any trouble when the reality of it was that EVERYTHING was wrong...same thing circa 1982 with Ronnie James Dio...at that point, Ronnie and Vinny were in separate worlds galaxies apart from Tony and Geezer...yet watching the videos, you'd have thought they were all "great friends"...

Just goes to show, you can't judge what's going on from how the band acts on stage, it's never any given indication. A show is a show; you want to put your best one on (usually, unless you're, oh, Van Halen or somebody) and wear your game face the whole time.

Does anybody REALLY believe that Sammy would stir shit like this just to try and get people thinking that Van Halen was over, so that "more tickets would sell"? For fucks sake, some people are stupid.

I do agree, on the one point, that Sam wouldn't sabotage his own source of income...unless he knew it was going away by this time next month anyway and there wasn't anything left to lose by saying so...

Writings on the wall, kid-o's...

I for one couldn't be happier.
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
              Does anybody REALLY believe that Sammy would stir shit like this just to try and get people thinking that Van Halen was over, so that "more tickets would sell"? For fucks sake, some people are stupid.
              I think we're giving spam too much credit. I don't think there's a strategy or anything, it's just that's spam's a loudmouthed moron.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. I just love how Links'er Hagar faghags can just ignore the fact that several people actually HEARD the damn thing from Hagar's own words and can write it off as Hagar "Being excited about a good Waborita vibe"...and "This is just Sammy's way of making waves!"...

The funniest part is where the rest of the tour would be cancelled if Hagar made comments like that, the remainder of the shows cancelled and Hagar would be responsible for the costs of the blown revenue on his own...oh fucking please...the WHOLE BAND would be responsible, which is why they WOULDN'T do it...VERY VERY RARELY does a band member ever quit in the middle of a tour, unless it's ABSOLUTELY unavoidable, for that very reason.

Besides, Hagar's out would be that Ed & Co. fired him in the middle of the tour, so he wouldn't be responsible for any incurred costs of no showing the remaining dates...all that gets into contractual things, and I don't really have any liberty to discuss it since I'm not privy to Van Halen business workings and don't know what Hagar's contract looks like at all. However, best guess says that they've all covered their asses on that sort of contigency. Case in point, look at how dismal Black Sabbath was doing in 1978/1979 with Ozzy...they played all of their scheduled shows, and by watching the "Never Say Die" video, short of any musical misgivings, you wouldn't think there was a thing wrong between the four of them and the tour wasn't in any trouble when the reality of it was that EVERYTHING was wrong...same thing circa 1982 with Ronnie James Dio...at that point, Ronnie and Vinny were in separate worlds galaxies apart from Tony and Geezer...yet watching the videos, you'd have thought they were all "great friends"...

Just goes to show, you can't judge what's going on from how the band acts on stage, it's never any given indication. A show is a show; you want to put your best one on (usually, unless you're, oh, Van Halen or somebody) and wear your game face the whole time.

I do agree, on the one point, that Sam wouldn't sabotage his own source of income...unless he knew it was going away by this time next month anyway and there wasn't anything left to lose by saying so...

Writings on the wall, kid-o's...

I for one couldn't be happier.
                Great post!

I think he always planned this to be temporary. I listened to some of that shitty radio special in June (couldn't get through the whole thing, sorry, because it just got me angry), and Ed mentioned Sam as the "future" of the band. Sam just stayed quiet. I smiled. Of course, he also never fired his solo back-up band either (partly because that fat bitch Mona apparently gives him great head). And I s'pose that's because he wasn't going to dump his solo thing for those guys again. And partly because he didn't really like them.

Hey people, Sam always said if you ever saw him going back to VH, it would be for the money. He's been saying that for years. Well, I guess that's exactly what happened!

I saw somebody at the Links write: "It's obvious what's going on...this is a publicity stunt!" My god, some people are very stupid and very desperate.
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                  Veteran
                  • May 2004

I was having a pretty bad day until read this thread.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Glad we all could help!

You know, Rikk, you're right, I do remember Hagar saying that the only way he'd ever go back to VH was for the money. Believe I read an interview with him post "Marching to Uranus" about something along those lines (as soon as he realized that the album and tour were a failure and that his solo career, for all intensive purposes, was going to be about as lucrative as Eddie Money's or Rick Springfields at that point in time). When you add up the fact that he never bothered firing the Waboritas anyway, and I recall the Links sheep being in a conundrum about that as well when this whole thing got rolling....I believe there was probably a good reason for it...

1+1 = Hagar's a FAG!!!

I think it's Vic Johnson or David Lauser that's giving him the head
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Guys and Gals,

This is topic is already stickied here so please continue posting in that thread.

Thank You.
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...