Clear All
  • thefive

I'm Easy. Shyboy

Comment

• WOAHYEAH
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

Goin crazy, easily!
      Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

Comment

• poppadingo
        Full On Cocktard
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TMR
        What is your favorite song from Eat'em and Smile??

for me it's a toss up between BIG TROUBLE and LADIES NIGHT IN BUFFALO!

Great guitar work on Big Trouble and the bass coming of Ladies Night is so cool with the lyrics!
        It's gotta be Big Trouble, followed by Goin' Crazy
        You just can't fix stupid

Comment

• Timbo
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Jun 2004

Big Trouble!!
          The gas pedal is on the right....STEP ON IT OR MOVE OVER!!!

Comment

• YankeeRose

Do I have to say it? LOFL I like the Rat Pack-like sound to That's Life, the energy in I'm Easy, the sultry sexy sound of Bump & Grind....I like 'em all for different reasons, but Yankee Rose IS my song.

PS...I had to backspace to add the space between the words both times I typed Yankee Rose. Oops, I did it again...LOFL....

Comment

• Loons The Great

Well, Welcome To Tobacco Road, Y'all!!

Comment

• Padre Atilio
                Head Fluffer
                • Jun 2006

the killer guitar on Yankee Rose !!! I love it, when I first heard it in GTA Vice City I knew I have to learn to play this on my guitar ... then I became a VH and DLR fan ... FOREVER

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2006

This is waht the album meant to me, in terms of first impressions for each tune:

Yankee Rose: Saw the video weeks before the albums street date. Funniest friggin' thing in the world, still cracks me up to this day. What is it, a 12 minute video for a four minute tune? And you knew - just from the lighting, the music, the first sight of the characters (the first you see are the newlywed Mexican couple - with the MUY prenant wife) that it was the new Dave tune. The conversation between Dave and Steve Vai's talking guitar was the funniest thing dave had ever put on wax to that point, and his vocals were as hungry, determined, and focused, as his very best work with VH.

Shyboy - Killer. Completely over-the-top, Lyrics-wise not his best (b/c they were written by Sheehan), but the performance by the band left no doubt that dave had found and assembled a band that KICKED ASS. Listen to the interplay between Vai and Sheehan - GADZOOKS!!!

I'm Easy - Fell over laughing the second I heard the lyrics to this. Thought it was a nice bridge between the CVH sound and the approach he took with the Crazy from the Heat EP. Love the harmonic Vai finishes his solo with.

Ladies Night - The most artful piece of music Dave had done to that point. (And becasue of that had mixed emotions at the time). Still appreciate Dave's monologue in the brdieg - "huh, I guess it must have been two different people")

Goin' Crazy - Wasn't sure - and still not - about the synthesizers on this one. Still fun song, and great video ("I can't think! I'm dancin'!!!").

Tobacco Road - Favoriet tune on the album. Great rhythm work by Vai, and a killer solo to boot.

Elephant Gun - never loved it, but nevber hated it either. Again, Shgeehan leaves Mikey in the dust.

Big Trouble - Always loved this one. Top-notch in every regard. Bissonnettes's best drumwork here.

Bump and grind - Great hook, great solo, beats the shit out of anything on 5150.

That's Life: A great way to cap the album, and again, it bridges the gap between CVH and the CFTH EP.

FINAL VERDICT: The third best Van Halen album, ever. And maybe even second.
                  RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Hard to say, it varies every time I listen to it...

"Goin' Crazy" at the moment, due to the heatwave ragin' here.
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I'm gonna say

Yankee Rose

Ladies Night in Buffalo

Goin Crazy

But every track is a winner!
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• MAPRamone
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jun 2006

Shyboy easily.
                        dm/dt=kA (Cs-C)

Comment

• 1984dlrvh12
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jun 2006

i like the son yankee rose.i like steves guitar playing in this song
                          long live rock and roll

Comment

• 1984dlrvh12
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jun 2006

song**
                            long live rock and roll

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Ladies Night In Buffalo. On Sonrisa Salvaje, my favorite song was Cuanto Frenesi or Noche de Ronda en la Ciudad.

Comment

• Loons The Great

Boom Boom Boom Boom

Originally posted by EMA

Tobacco Road - Favourite tune on the album. Great rhythm work by Vai, and a killer solo to boot.
                                I'll second that emotion nah yez I said!! Well wella wella...yez yeah yallah!!...ooh well well...

Comment

Working...